Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:22 pm

Post subject: Scott/Christian/Gabe
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:11 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Hey, how are things over there? I heard about the attacks in London on the news this morning and it had me a bit worried when I remembered you're not too far away. (Britian is a small island...) Hope that you and all your loved ones are safe!!

And the smell of a world that has been burned...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:59 am 
Master Old Dragon

it must be like a 9/11 for them, but it is interesting to be on the outside of such an action. We can't fell what it is really like but we have an idea like. You know what I mean.

You know Scott will be fine. He's to of a hard ass to be hurt.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:26 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Four words sum up my feelings.

It.
Makes.
Me.
Sick.

That someone, ANYONE, could kill 50+ people with no good reason. Don't get me wrong. I don't have any qualms with killing someone if they deserve to die, it stems from my realist approach to life. But there where normal people, who never did any harm to anyone who where hurt, killed, or scarred for life.

This is just the tip of an iceberg, which I have personally been predicting for years. England in general seems to think itself immune to terrorism, for various reason.

Now we know it's not.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:16 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Well, as you can tell, my brother and I are fine. Luckily Nobody we know was hurt either. Given the scale of the attack, it should actually rank amoungst the worst in history. Six bombs go off and they kill around 70 people, out of the ten million or so in London, directly upset about 700 people and are a minor inconvieniance to about 1000. Dumbest thing is, the attacks were in Muslim dominated provinces, so they just blew up a load of their own people...

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:33 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Well, I'm glad you guys are okay cause I was worried when I heard. I remember sitting in my freshman English class during 9/11 and seeing the second plane hitting the towers live on TV. Just knowing there were people in there made me sick. :-( Even though I wasn't directly affected either, in the long run my friends and family were affected as it became a national tragedy.

Hope things get back on track over there! Maybe this will let the European countries open their eyes a bit and realize they arn't immune. It's a shame it had to take something like this to do it though...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:13 am 
Master Old Dragon

I'm not even sure most people were affected by 9/11 as we make it out to be. Only a small fraction were their for the attack, and some of the reasons it became such a national tragedy was a) nothing like this had been done to us for over 50 years (well that’s not true), and b) the media. I remember that I couldn't wait for the whole incident to be behind us and I could stop having to see all this fake patriotic garbage everyone was putting on.

You ever watch most of the responses people give to the attacks? 'It was bad, it was really sick. Those people should be killed." That was pretty much the range of it. Everyone’s opinion was media made and packaged (note: everyone does not means everyone). In over ten years, maybe even before them, people won't give a piss about the attacks, lest remember them. Do you see any huge events for Pearl Harbor? What about the attack on American soil by Poncho Villas (spelling)? He would be considered a terrorist by today’s standards. What about the Oklahoma City bombings? Do you here anything for those?

People in Israel put up with bombings everyday. They have people blowing their asses up on buses, on trains, in malls, and you know what the people do? They go on. Sure their are the few who are mortified by the event, but I bet you they are the same ones who were directly affected by the attack.

My points are this:
1) No one will give a damn about 9/11 by the next 20 years
2) People really didn't care that much about the attack if they weren't affected by it and more than 100 miles from it.
3) The whole attack on America was made even more successful by the fact the media blew it way out of proportion
4) I hate the media

Obviously this isn't a well thought out, or researched response. It was mostly me going off about something, that Serenity’s (and I think Gabes) post triggered. If you're going to try and pull some garbage on me about how I don't know what it is like or I'm unpatriotic, then just don't bother responding. Obviously I don't know what being attacked is really like or I never would have written this and patriotism has no real definable, well, standard. I'll save the rest for the next response, if there is one.

Oh and I don’t hate America. Don\t make that moronic assumption

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:15 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Actually, the only thing that I would say about that response is that it vastly generalized the American Society and holds a lot of stereotyping. I would agree with you on disliking the fakey patriotism and the people who can't form their own opinions unless it is handed to them, but don't go so far as to say that everyone or even a majority of people everywhere in America are like this. I wouldn't say that it's all the Media's fault either, as there are other factors as well that could affect these things.

I think that it is just your cynicism speaking when you do that. :-P

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:46 pm 
British Redcoat

mmm...

when the 9/11 happened i was in detention
when the london bombing happened i was in history doing a test on terrorism. covienient...and absolutely appalling

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:58 am 
Master Old Dragon

Part of it is cynicism, but most of it is how I really feel about the subject. Maybe you feel sincre about 9/11 but I still think that the general public wasn't as outraged as we thought we were.

Silver, what were you doing in school isn't it summer there?

Offline Profile