Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

Post subject: OCC: HALO- A Covenant Sundered
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:18 pm 
Matrix Operator

This RP is based on the XBox games Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3. It follows the events after #2 as the Covenant take sides in their first Civil War, following the dissappearance of the San'Shuum (Prophets).

Background:
Humanity has been pushed to the brink of extinction following a long and bloody war with the Covenant, a collection of alien species who wage war with a religious, singe-minded purpose: to destroy humans. All that changed, however, with the discovery of Halo: an ancient, supermassive, ring-shaped construct designed as a weapon, holding within it the power to scrub the galaxy clean of all life. With the first of seven Halos destroyed by the Master Chief and the disappearance of the Covenant leadership caste, the Covenant has been broken.
Intercepted Covenant Transmission:
Arbiter: "Brethren, the traitorous San'Shuum, those so-called Prophets have abandoned us, and have lied about the holy rings (Halos). They have sided with the Jiralhanae(Brutes) against us, and seek the downfall of the Sangheili race (Elites). Brothers, unite with me and help the infidels to stop the Loyalists, and cleanse the galaxy from the unholy and parasitic Flood."

An age-old blood feud has reerupted between two species, the Seperatist Sangheili and the Loyalist Jiralhanae. Join as one of the three Separatist species, Elite (Sangheili), Jackal (Kig Yar), or Grunt (Ungoy), or as one of Earth's finest Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, a Spartan-II or -III, or a powerful artificial intelligence and fight against the Loyalist armies and the parasitic Flood on one of the Halos.

Name: Uli'ulamee
Race: Sangheili (Elite)
Weapons and Equipment: Covenant Carbine, Needler, Sangheili Armor

Jackals and Grunts are not capable of dual-wielding sidearms. Brutes are not playable species/categories. For more information about the sci-fi world of Halo, including weapon lists, histories, and species backgrounds, use the halopedia at http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OCC: HALO- A Covenant Sundered
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:45 pm 
Matrix Operator

PROLOGUE:

The sun was begining to rise as the UNSC destroyer Mother of Mayhem began to pull out of the unknown planet's shadow. Nearby, the Seperatist ships Spirit Blood and Holy Reverence flew on either side of it. Light reflected of the three ships' hulls, and off the supermassive ring-shaped Halo, also know as Installation 06.
With a flash of light, a plasma torpedo streak out of nowhere to impact across the Mother of Mayhem's prow, thus starting the space battle between the Seperatists and the Loyalists.
On the UNSC's bridge, Captain Lewis braced in the wake of the hit. "Kazir! Target the bastard that shot at us!"
"Aye, aye, Captain," the ship AI responded. With a dull thumping noise, the ship's heavy Magnetic Accelerator Cannon fired, the heavy round striking the Loyalist cruiser Bloodied Spirit at the same time as a Seperatist plasma torpedo. The damaged ship leaned to one side, clouds of debris spewing from a hole.
Wait, that wasn't where we hit. Kazir zoomed in on the location with the ship's external cameras. What he saw was not debris, but hundreds of dropships deploying and accelerating for the nearby Halo.

In the launch bay, a Marine sergant nodded as he recieved orders through is headset. Turning to the alien next to him, he commented, "It's begun."
Uli'Ulamee nodded, and gestured to the Unggoy detachment he commanded. "Prepare for deployment!" the Sangheili barked.
Similarly, the sergant hollared, "All right, ladies, it's time to rock and roll! Saddle up and prepare to embark!"...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

I am not going to give up on this one. Not yet.

Video summary of human weaponry.
Video summary of Covenant weaponry - rather humorous, too.

And I changed it. You can now choose to be a SPARTAN-II (shields and well armored suit), a SPARTAN-III (chameleon SPI armor), or an AI. Note: If you are an AI, you can only interact with other players or the environment if a projector is nearby or a SPARTAN-II. Radio communication is available for you, but you will have to be physically carried from one computer system to another.

SPARTAN-II's wear MJOLNIR Mk. VI battle armor, equipped with recharging shields and an AI matrix to support, well, AIs.

SPARTAN-III's wear Semi-Powered Infiltration armor; the armor's plates change color, pattern, and texture to match the wearer's background, and also remove the user's heat signature. While this armor is somewhat inferior to Mjolnir armor in combat situations, it is ideal for recon and stealth missions.

AI characters are assumed to be "Smart" AIs.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
I'm not a big fan of HALO. I started the first game co-op with my brother, and even got the second, but I haven't beaten either of them. It was interesting at first, but once it was revealed that the Halo was a prison for the Flood, I kind of lost interest. FPS and other military-type games kind of turn me off. :| Please forgive me for not volunteering.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:52 am 
Cererean Princess

I'm considering joining, possibly as a Spartan-I 8) Remember, those soldiers who they tried the augmentations on, until they realised that adults couldn't take it :roll:

Or a Spartan-III. Maybe a Spartan-IV - greater advances in technology means a lot more can be produced, from a greater pool of subjects (the age limitations have been reduced, meaning anyone up to the age of around 16-17 is a potential candidate, with some joining as old as 23; this has quited the opposition somewhat).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:56 am 
Matrix Operator

@Jish: But this is only based on Halo. We won't actually be playing it.
Did you read the novels? Halo: The Fall of Reach and Halo: The Cole Protocol are pretty good for background.

@Dragonrider: The only known S-I survivors are Major Byrne and Sergeant Johnson. You could make an ODST character who was an S-I, as that would be the most probable assignment he'd get.
S-IVs are straight out. There were no project plans for them up to the destruction of the S-III training facility on Onyx, which came only days before the firing of Installation 04 (II) and the end of the Human-Covenant War.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:26 am 
Cererean Princess

S-III then.

Wait, there were plans for Spartan-IVs?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 pm 
Matrix Operator

Not that I know of.
Nope, just checked, there never was even a hint of an S-IV project.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:01 am 
Cererean Princess

There was in some fan fiction. Not canon, though.

I'll join is this RP gets more people. I'm reserving a postion as a Spartan III, but I'm als willing to be a Strong AI.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:25 pm 
Matrix Operator

Quote taken from the Halopedia on the Forerunner-Flood War, which took place over 100 millenia ago:
Quote:
Using feint tactics, the Forerunner fleet held off the Flood as the Halos activated, annihilating all sentient life in the Milky Way galaxy. Those saved were sheltered on the Ark. The Forerunners were believed to be extinguished from the galaxy, and the Flood were halted, and the centralized Gravemind form eventually died.

Intercepted transmissions from Halo Installation 02, trapped in the accretion disk of a black hole:

Installation 02: 007 Silent Contact: The samples have escaped containment.

Offensive Bias: Installation 00 is preparing the firing sequence. Detonation of the Halo Array in eight hours.

I-02: Preparing lockdown procedures.

I-02: LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility; Installation 02 has experienced catastrophic specimen containment failure. All apertures into facility will be locked until further notice. Atmosphere evacuation and reduction of ambient temperature protocols have already been enacted.

I-02: LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility; Installation 02 has experienced a security breach via emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits. Emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits have been placed in recursive mode to contain unauthorized hostile life forms. Request emergency security detail.

I-02: QUERIED ADJACENT FACILITIES LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility Installations 01, 03, 05, 06, and 07 have all replied [systems normal] within expected constraints.

I-02: REQUEST UNANSWERED LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility; Installation 02 is currently being held at [.01 atm] / [184K]. Local maintenance and security hubs have failed to reply within expected constraints. [Bumping maintenance and security request up] to [quadrant oversight].

I-02: REQUEST UNANSWERED LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility; [delta site] is currently being held at [1 atm] / [278K] as atmospheric seals were showing signs of stress. [Quadrant oversight] has failed to reply within expected constraints. [Bumping maintenance and security request all the way up] to 2401 [PENITENT TANGENT].

Offensive Bias: Halo Array preparing to fire. Installation 02, you must evacuate personnel.

I-02: Communications disabled. Panels charging to full power.

ERROR- UNKNOWN SOURCE: Emergency! We are trapped inside the Control Room. Be advised, Offensive Bias, that Flood capture of this Installation is imminent.

Offensive Bias:
Initiating firing sequence in 3... 2... 1...

END TRANSMISSION

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile