Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:24 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

"Ah crud. Tha' creat'ure totally destroyed my blade. THat's what happens when you tangle with one of those things. Now everyone, listen. when I get peeved, get out of my way, because I will destroy anything ahead of me." With that, Jadrian followed Xander to thank him.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:16 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Mary Ann watched as the mysterious man left.

How did he know Amannia? And where exactly did she come from?

She decided to ask Amannia herself,

"Hi, I'm Mary Ann. Are you ok?"

Mary Ann was surprised at how fast the healer had healed up her wounds so quickly. Faring flew over and landed on Amannia's shoulder. Mary Ann laughed,

"I think you impressed him. he normally doesn't take to people that fast."

She looked over at the rest of the group slow dispersignto various areas and activities. at that point she realized how tired she was,

"I'm sorry to leave so fast but i'm so tired i'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open. i'll probably see you later then."

she turned and waved as she headed in the direction that the healer said the dorms were.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:27 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

" WILL SOMEONE ANSWER ME???!!!" She said with a snarl when she was ignored. She was mad because she wasnt used to being ignore. " HELLO????" She said again when every body continued to ignore her

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:33 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann jumped. Asuna's sharp comment had started her out of her zombie like stage.

"i'm sorry had you said something?"

I didnt know that she had such a sharp tongue Mary Ann thought as she waited for Asuna to calm down enough to answer.

"i do apoligize for not hearing u say anything i was kinda in a trance like state im so tired."

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:45 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

" THANK YOU!" She said confirming that mary ann had said it" And also i think i missed something! whats going on??!!"

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:50 pm 
Silver sorceress

"well lets see.....oh yeah we're gonna be here 'til the archmage will see us and we have to wait until he rings a bell. until then we can rest and recuperate. is that what you wanted to know"

Mary Ann didnt exactly understand why Asuna was being so harsh and brash:

maybe its just because its been a hard day

Faring nuzzled her shoulder and drifted off to sleep. she looked down at him and wished to do the same.

its been a hard day for us all

she turned to Asuna, "maybe u should get some rest we really dont know what well be doing next so you might as well get as much sleep as possible."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:54 pm 

Xander pushed the door to the bathroom open and there infront of him were several baths arranged around a warm fire. the water was steaming a little and the scent in the air was relaxing. he stripped off and folded his clothes on a stool and descended into a tub.

Xander: AHHHHHHHHHH

Orb: it's not often we get to relax like this,

Orb was bobbing on the water near Xanders legs.

Xander: nope, my friend it's not...I wonder how long this will last.

then the door opened and in came _Jadrian.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:55 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

" Damn and i was ready for battle and everything" She said getting off the cat it imediately turned bac into a cat and hoped on her shoulder she also resized her harikos and put it bac into her Bac pocket. " Man I want some action!" She said kinda pissed

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:59 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann sighed at Asuna's response,

"havent u had enough for one day? and either way you should get some rest even if its just a little bit you look a little tired"

Mary Ann turned and headed off to the dorms. she paused at the doors and turned around to face Asuna again:

"do you realize how you sound to others talking like you do? why must you act like that?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:34 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

She gave this de mented child a look that said quite plainly WTF? Then she said" Come on I didnt even get to fight today and i love to fight.....! In fact i was in most of th fights bac in my school days!" She said. then she had a percular look on her face" Hmmmm i cant figure it out whys the archmage wanna see us anyway?"

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:49 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann was shocked at her response. it was just a simple question, if maybe a bit harsh and straight foreward. but still that was all.

"why are fights so important to you? they can get so dangerous and deadly."

Mary Ann didnt understand her at all, probably wont for a while

" you act before u think dont you?..........the archmage probably wanted warriors to help fight for him and we ended up being his warriors."

Faring looked at Mary Ann quizically, why would she tell this young one that they may have to fight when that was all that Asuna wanted to do?
Mary Ann noticed Faring's star and caught the edge of his thoughts.

she touched his forehead and responded,no matter what we say if im right we'll find out soon enough and then it really wouldnt matter.

Faring shook his head in disagreement, no that was not smart dear one if you had waited til you were sure then you may have taught her something of your experience in fighting

Mary Ann shook her head and said aloud, "No my experiences wouldnt help her."

(ooc: check the ooc board for an explanation)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:36 am 

OCC: THanx a ton Fyre :x

IC: JAdrian looked stunned he had walked in on Xander like that...He pretended not to notice, though his ears turned pink, and his tone lowered. "Uh, Xander...I Jjust wanted to thank you for helping me get off the roof in one piece. Oh, and uh...thank your little lantern man for me." Jadrian didn't realize, but his accent had gone clear from his voice. He walked out side, and felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned, drawing the Sgian Dru from his hat and placing at the person's throat. He blinked when he saw it was only Xander, and Orb in tow, and sat down. Xander stared at him...

OCC: The ball is in your court Fyre

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:59 pm 

DONG DONG

the bell tolled and stirred eveyone from their daydream like trances.

Xander: hey Jadrian, I think we had better gather in the lobby, it's time to see what this Archmage wants.

Orb hung silently around his head, well silent to all but Xander.

Orb: I would watch that one, I sense he has Barbaric blood in him some where.

Xander: there is no one I wouldn't trust right now, we all seem to be fighting for the right side anyway.

with that he turned on his heel and walked off to the lobby, the others slowly emerged from where they had been.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:21 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann forced herself up from the troubled sleep she had been having. As she emerged into the lobby with everyone she noticed that everyone else seemed to be half asleep.

i must look the same way

Mary Ann shook her head trying to clear her thoughts. Faring flew to her from where he had been sleeping up somewhere in the ceiling and landed on her shoulder. he streched and looked at her with bright and alert eyes.

"someone at least got some sleep" Faring gave a huff at the sharp egde to her voice. at that moment the healer that had been there to greet them to the tower appeared. Mary Ann turned her focus onto him to hear whatr he had to say.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:29 am 

Jadrian followed Xander, wondering if that light that followed the mage around was much good for anything then lighting a candle. He ignored his musings and ran after Xander, with nothing else to do, after all, he had been brought here because of what the Archmage was about to say.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:27 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee heard the bells, and awoke quickly. She followed the others to where the Archmage was awaiting them.

She looked around at the groups surroundings as they walked. She didn't noticed anything overtly unusual, or atleast, unusual to her.

She walked closer to Xander, not really trusting the others in the group just yet, though not distrusting them either.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:32 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mayr Ann looked at the archmage he was basically what you would expect to see. Mary Ann saw him surveying the group from under his bushy eyebrows. Mary Ann looked around also, they were kind of a sad sight at the moment they all looked a bit tired. as his weeped the romm she saw that he stopped a little longer on Amannia. he seemed to recognize her just like the healer did

who is she?

Faring looked up at her:

i sense something weird here but i dont kno where its coming from. i sensed it earlier to but thought it was just because i was tired and a bit paranoid. be on your guard.

"dont worry i will"

she didnt realize she had said that ou loud until she noticed that some in the group were looking at her

"sorry i was talking to myself."

she turned back to face the archmage.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: The Archmage
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:12 am 

The Archmage stepped down the same level as the group and nodded to the healer to leave them. With small, shuffling steps the healer walked in the direction of the kitchens.

The Archmage was an awe inspiring sight. His long beard was blue and his cloak was cream with silver stars. His hat was a skull cap and eyebrows were, as Mary had noticed, bushy. The sides of his eyes had laughter wrinkles though they had seen little action in the last few decades. The Archmage, looked tired, but at the same time he exuded a power that the others could only dream of.

Archmage: I see you have brought companions Ammania

Ammania walked forwards and bowed low.

Ammania: Sire, I have brought with me warriors to help our cause, though it was not my initial plan. I met them en-route to the tower and aided them as they battle Orcs and Night Wraths.

The Wizard brought his hand up to his chin and let his fingers tease his beard as he listened.

Ammania: The enemies are close sire; they are but 100yards from the tower.

Archmage: that is as it should be, I have a very powerful spell on this place and the catacombs, and no evil can enter it. And it will stay that way until I die.

Xander stepped up at this point,

Xander: Sire, I have witnessed the horrors the enemy has wrenched from the abyss, they are too fearful for most seasoned warriors.

Archmage: and yet you stand before me child summoner…surely they are easily dealt with.

Xander: Sire, I don’t think you understand what we went through...

Archmage: HOW DARE YOU TELL ME I DON’T UNDERSTAND? OFCOURSE I UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY OWN CITY. DO YOU THINK ME BLIND? I UNDERSTAND MNORE THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE.

An eerie silence followed his retort and Xander looked to the floor.

Archmage: yet….I commend your valour, bravery and commitment to the cities defense so for that I shall let this disagreement go…next time however...

He didn’t finish his words….

Orb: well done Xander, make the most powerful ally our foe why don’t you...

Xander: shut up.

Archmage: I have plans for you all in the Western part of the city. It has good defenses, my fellow mages Shandar and Rythom are keeping the enemy at bay, however while they are attacked they are cut off from supplies. And I fear that their soldiers will soon be unfit to fight through hunger and thirst. The catacombs will lead you to the main square and from there the Western side are a few leagues…maybe 2 day’s travel by foot. I want you to get to them and assure them they are not forgotten. Once there I want you to aid them in recovering the supply lines. Be aware though, the city is crawling with monsters and legions of the enemy. They will not let you get past so easily, but I think you will cope.

Ammania: We understand sire and we will fight until the City is freed.

Archmage: I will give you an hour to prepare and then you will be shown to the catacombs. I will have to lift the defenses down there to allow you to pass so you may encounter some fiends. Once you are clear I will put the defense down again.

Xander: But…

Archmage: no butt’s. Any of you disagree and you will be put outside to fend for yourselves we are in this together from here on in!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:40 pm 

Jadrian felt his blood boil when he heard the Archmage shout like that...But he tried to keep it under control, knowing that the archmage was probably just an arragont old fool, and not nessecarily evil...still, there was something he couldn't put his finger on..."Cool It Jadrian...He's not evil, and you know it...he is probably only an irritable old magician trying to frighten us with his tricks and 'magic'." SUddenly Jadrian noticed that once again, he had said that out loud, and had not been thinking it...He screwed his eyes shut, knowing that whatever came next, It was going to be painful...
VERY painful

OOC: Sorry, but Beserkers don't put much stock in magic or writing, though we do love a good battle hymn

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:15 pm 

The archmages, eyes glanced in Jadrian's direction and held their place for a few seconds then her turned and asscended the stairs. when he was gone the Healer came back.

Healer: Fresh clothes and supplies for the journey are through that door over there,

he pointed to a green door.

Healer: Can the one called Xander come forward.

Xander stepped forward and the Healer put his arm around his shoulder and carried a conversation on in a hushed whisper...something was exchanged between the two, a siver buckle belt. The healer then left and Xander returned to the group. Ammania was curious as to what he had been given and didn't waste any time quizzing him about it.

Xander: He told me it was an enchanted belt. one which would strengthen Orb's power and allow him to be summoned for longer. I've checked with Orb and he says he's seen them before and that they work, he's willing to try it out.

Ammania: Hmm...truley the gods favour us this day!

Xander: But I won't use it until the heat of the battle.

with that Xander, Orb and Ammania joined the others.

Xander: let's get our supplies and get ready to leave.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:45 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee didn't like the feeling that she was getting from the archmage, but she didn't want to say anything until someone else said something first.

She quickly changed into clean clothes, and refilled her supplies before joining the others. "I'm ready when you are. The sooner we leave, the better."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:52 pm 

When they were in the supply room, Xander started to plan how they should move.

Xander: ok, Mary Ann, the way you handle yourself, it makes me think you are a ranger, however you use magick. do you think you could help with scouting ahead?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:36 pm 

JAdrian whispered to Renee; "I don't take much stock in the archmage's tricks and ssuch...there's something going on in that brain of his that makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable..." JAdrian quickly stepped away from Renee and walked up to Xander. He stared hard at the man for a moment, then grinned and stuck out his hand again. "Freinds?"

OCC: Alright...my character just changed slightly...he doesn't have the accent anymore, because that was driving me nuts, and He would like to know all he can about magic, though he knows very little right now. THus if say, a fireball was hurtling toward him, he might not thing it as dangerous as say, a flaming spear hurled at him

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:34 pm 

Xander took his hand and shook it.

Xander: it would seem that we've gotten off on the wrong foot more than once.

Ammania: When we are in the Western part of the city we'll have more time to make amends. however as it stands, time is pressing and we have to get moving.

Xander: lead us oh, fearless leader!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:52 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann smiled st Xander's comment:

"i was raised with rangers though none of them were my true family. they were willing to allow me to study with any mage who was willing to take me when they found out that i could do magic....it's kinda a long story maybe it would be better if we dont take time to tell stories right now."

Mary Ann went over to Jadrian, "the comment you made about the archmage and his "tricks" it makes it sound like you dont really trust in magic. why?"

Faring looked up at her

what are you doing? we want to keep friends not criticize them!
Mary Ann shook her head:

"i wasnt i was just asking i just wanted to see what his position on magic was thats all"

well thenyou would do better if you werent so brash

Mary Ann looked back up at Jadrian:

"what do you feel about magic any way?"

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next