Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:23 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Mary Ann decided to follow the other group, maybe there was a way she could help. If not atleast she could see what they were doing here. She ran in the direction that the group had gone in and when she rounded a corner she nearly ran into one of them. They were all looking at something ahead.

Mary Ann:What are they doing?

When she glanced around she saw and took a step back in surprise and ran into an orc that was behind her. She panicked and screamed completely forgetting to use her magic and ran into the person in front of her again.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:18 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee quickly counted the number of Orcs, and quickly lost count. She grabbed a few or her knives and threw them at the nearest Orc, only to have him replaced by another one. She retrieved her knives and moved closer to the others, "Anybody have a plan?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:59 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Xander: UNLESS WE CAN PERFORM A MIRACLE THEN WE ARE DEAD MEAT.

he looked around at the local features. the walls of the alley were narrow and tall and the ground was wet from rain. he looked a little closer at the walls..

Xander: this mortar is wet, maybe we can collapse the walls and block their paths and at the same time open a way out to the side?

he glanced up at Orb who was dancing excitedly above his head...Orb was screaming at Xander to summon his favourite creature, the living stone of Onyx.

Xander closed his eyes and the image of Onyx flashed in his minds eye. Orb stopped glowing and fell to the ground with a thud it formed a crack in the ground and from it a finger raised up, followed by a hand and then an arm and then a torso and head. as Onyx pulled itself from the earth it's red eyes glowing the orc armies slowed a little.

another mental command and Onyx set to work it delved it's hands into the foundations of the wall infront of them on the left and tugged at them. the mortar shook and soon the bricks were tumbling down in a huge barricade infront of the party.

Xander: that's one side blocked, what about behind, Onyx is a relatively new summon and is weak from that.

he looked to the others for another solution.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:19 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee looked behind the group. "There's a beam connecting the two buildings, if someone can get the to fall on them, it should get us enough time to get over the orcs and somewhere safer. I don't have anything that will reach that...does anyone else?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:14 pm 
Silver sorceress

"I do" Mary Ann said, "well i can burn them around the ends so that they are too small to stay up there any more. will that do or not?"

Mary Ann looked expectently at those surrounding her. Faring uttered an approving purr for support.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:36 pm 

Xander: we really don't have much choice, Get on with it. When they are weakend Renee use your knives to cut threw what's left of them.

An chunk of rubble fell down from the pile behind them,

Xander: and hurry about it as they are getting through this side, we have little time to debate the best course, use your initiative girl and do it!

Xander had really not wanted to become a leader to the group but as it stood it seemed the others were looking to him for support. He would see them safely to the tower and then they would plan their next move together. he looked as Orb, who was hung silently by his side, conserving his strength. He felt bad for using Onyx like that, Orb wasn't very skilled in it's use, but at the same time practice with it only increased his abilities so it was for the best.

Xander: peace my friend we'll be safe soon enough

(ooc: check ooc thread everyone)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:58 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee nodded, and stepped back slightly, so she wouldn't hit anyone in their group when she threw the knives.

"Mary Ann, start burning whever your ready, then I'll handle the rest." she sadi as she quickly calculated the amount of force she would need to throw the knife that far.

She waited for Mary Ann to do her part. "Hurry up! We've got less than a minute and only one shot at this."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:21 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Amannia had had a pretty uneventful trip back to the tower thus far nad was begining to get very bored.

"You'd think with a city under siege and orcs running rampant through the streets that just maybe we'd get to see 'some' kind of action before we got to the tower." She said to Ser, who just looked up at her and gave the animal equivalent of a shrug.

No sooner than she said that, the sounds of a battle reached her ears. She and ser shared a glance than hurried off in the direction of the battle. They rounded a corner and saw several score of orcs pushing their way through one another into an alley, were there where several humans and half-elfs defending themselves, but apparently needed an exit of some kind.

"What do ya say? First to 50 wins?" she said to Ser as he looked up at her and a glimmer went through both their eyes. "Let's go to work then." With that she drew her bow and notched two arrows and layed her bow flat, Ser let out a powerful roar and charged at the nearest orc. The roar got the attention of several of the orcs and they diverted their attention from the ones in the alley to her and Ser.

Ser had already tore into their ranks and was making short work of anything in his striking range. Amannia let fly her first two arrows, both looking like lighting bolts and dropped two orcs, then four more took those twos places. By that time she already three more arrows flying at them and three more notched ready to fly. Every time she reached back into her quiver she pulled out three more arrows and let fly as fast as she possibly could. Hopefully the returning magic on her arrows would return the arrows back to the quiver quickly, because at this pace she would soon be out.

Eventually she got a slight reprive and was able whistle and get the attention of the people in the alley.

"IF YOUR GONNA GO YOU BETTER DO IT NOW!!"

Unbeknownest to her an orc had gotten around to her side and to close for her to get with her bow. In one swift motion she replaced the bow on her back and drew her scimitar from its sheath under neath her quiver. She croched low as the orc swung it's large sword in a wide sweeping blow, she spun as she crouched and sliced the front of the orcs thighs wide open causing him to howl in pain and stumble. Drawing out her kukri she jumped up and sliced the orc from hip to shoulder and dropping it and moving on to the next.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:32 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee re-sheathed her knives. "You heard the lady, let's move out people!" she called as she darted towrds the exit.

After everyone had gotten out, Renee turned to the newcomer. "My name is Renee, rouge all and nothing. You wouldn't happen to know the shorest route from here to the Tower would you, ma'am?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:49 am 

Xander filed in behind Renee and smiled his thanks to the newcomer.

Xander: yes, we should move really quickly and we've all been told the Tower is the place to go. are you coming too?

Orb was watching behind Xander, he floated above the group and outside looking up and down the alley.

Orb: Xander, the Orcs have gone, it's completely silent out here.

Xander: Orb has told me they have all gone, so maybe we have a little time.

Orb: XANDER, THERE'S A REASON THEY ARE GONE!

Xander: what?

he rushed to the gap and peered out. above a screech was heard and a bat like shape flitted across the moon...it was too big for a normal bat though. looking back to the others he proclaimed.

Xander: something big and flying is out there now guys!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:23 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann glance at the newcommer she had come right when she was getting ready to set fire to the planks.
it's a good thing i saw her or i may have accidently burned her. she was right there
she was pulled back into reality when she heard a screech from above. Faring answered it with a screech of his own but not as a challenge but fear. Mary Ann looked up, she couldnt exactly tell what it was. she turned to Xander,
" it almost looks like a dragon, but there are some major differences do you know what it is?"
she glanced up again, it was coming closer.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:54 pm 

Xander: I'm not someone who knows about the creatures of the night.

Orb: it's a night wrath, a horrible flying creature that feeds on peoples dreams and happiness. they are said to come from the abyss dimension.

Xander looked to the others,

Xander: Orb just told me that it's called a night wrath.

Xander looked across the building they were in there was a door at the other end.

Xander: I think now is our time to make our move away from here and try to get closer to the Tower.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:33 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

"My name is Amannia, it is nice to meet all of you, I too am on my way to the tower."

She looked out a window at the night wrath flying over head. "I agree with Xander, we really must get to the tower. I have a feeling that this little engagement was just a precursor. We need to stay out of sight as much as possible."

She ran to the back of the room were the door was and opened it, leading into another room, only this time the only way out was up. "Well looks like we got a choice, up or out?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:13 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann looked out,"well since it looks like our only choice is up i say we go up for now and see if theres a better way later on, c'mon!"

Mary Ann ran out the door and looked back to make sure everyone was following before continuing. as she turned back around to continue Faring flew in her face to push her back.

"Faring what's with you we have to get out!"

she tried to calm him down enough to get out the door but he continued to stay in front of her. Mary Ann sighed in annoyance as she finally just put him in a water bubble.

"since you're being so persistent you could atleast let me see why we can't go out."

when she looked out she gasp,"uhh guys we have a major problem. you know that night wrath we saw, well it's on the next roof over."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:46 pm 

Jadrian was getting pretty annoyed at all the creatures he and the others had come against. He drew his claymore in one hand, and threw a half-dozen rocks at the (OCC: wraith? wrath? im lost...), all the time shouting at the top of it's lungs. The thing seemed to get the idea of what Jadrian was saying, which were highly rude, and impolite. As the (?) came flying over, he whispered to Xander; "Get e'ryone off th's roof. If I beat this thing, I'll meet ye at the tower, an' if I don't, well, don't worry your fine he'd about me!"

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:54 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann overheard what Jadrian had said to the night wrath and what he had said to Xander. She had to intervene,

"Are you crazy you have no chance of beating something like that alone you'll just get yourself killed!"

She grabbed Xander's arm hoping that he would find a way to convince Jadrian to change his mind.

"He'll just get himself killed, could you try to stop him?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:47 pm 

Caught between two people, Xander once again found himself the decision maker. He looked to Orb, who was recovered from his previous summon...

Orb: I can do it, have faith Xander

Xander: Jadrian, you'll never kill it alone! it is from the Abyss so it's terribly strong!

The Night Wrath Screeched again and somewhere in the distance it's call was answered by another terrifying screech!

Xander: Look we had better get this out of our way and get to the Tower before the other one decides to come looking for us.

with a thought, as brief as an image, in Xanders mind, Orb swelled up in size, he grew a head and arms and his hair blew with the playfulness of the wind. his lower body was enshrouded in a mist and he floated there waiting for Xanders second command.

Orb flew up above and stretched out his blue arm. the silk like cloth draped down from it barely concealing him. he was an air sprite for now and his job was clear. he grasped the air and a bow appeared, pulling back an invisible string with his right hand Orb loaded the bow with Arrows of air.

Xander: This was Orb's first summon so he can hold it for a longer time than Onyx!

Orb turned to Xander and nodded. Xander nodded back.

Xander: Orb and I'll cover you Jadrian, get over there and kill it, we're right behind you. anyone else stay and fight if you want or get to the Tower, either way we'll regroup there and NO ONE will judge you for going!

Xander: NOW!

Orb released the bow and five Arrows of highly compacted Air wooshed past the the group, flicking up hair and cloaks, they impacted in to the Night Wrath who howled out in pain and lunged across to meet Jadrian.

Last edited by Fyre on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:00 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann seing that atleast Jadrian wasnt fighting alone drew as much heat as she dared from the air around her and launched a white hot jet of flame straight at the night wrath. the night wrath schreeched and veered away in order to escape the worst of the fire, but as it swung back around Mary Ann could see that she had done some damage.

The night wrath schreeched again. Faring ran into Mary Ann and she realized that she hadnt let him out of his water bubble yet. she popped the bubble as she told him,

"there's another wrath somewhere. i want you to keep a lookout and tell me if its coming and how close. now go"

she gave Faring a shove to get him off and watched to make sure he obeyed before she returned to the battle. the night wrath was still coming, nothing they did semmed to harm or slow it actually it seemed to be gaining strength. Mary Ann gasped

"Xander its no use. no matter how hard we try to would it it will keep coming back. Ive heard of these typr of wraths, the more you try to physically wound it the stronger it gets. we need to run and now, before the next one comes to help this one."

Mary Ann grabbed Xander as she headed towards the others.

"we have to get out of here, hurry!"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:41 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

Asuna who had sat down about a mile bac for some rest had just now noticed that there was a baddle going on. She whistled and a 2 tail cta jumpoed onto her sholder it jumped off then a moment later a rather large white tiger with flameing feet apppeared in a flash of flame. She pulled the bomerang shaped ahir ornament out of her hair and it inlarged into a harikosShe jumped on to the tigers bac and flew towards the battle

ooc- and just for the record i did sigh up for this rp....check if you have to

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:02 pm 

Xander: Well then we can at least slow it down, you guys get to the Tower and Jadrian and I'll bring up the rear. we'll keep it occupied so you can get away.

Orb unleashed another volley of arrows.

Orb: Xander, I sense another coming to our aid...

Xander looked up and saw a white tiger, with feet of flames runing through the air towards them.

Xander: I don't know who it is but if it can hinder that thing then it's good.

Orb: We should get moving.

Xander: right, ok guys jump down into the street and run, the Tower is over there.

he pointed to where the Archmages Tower stood. it's Gothic style outlined against the moonlight. it was clear there was a powerful magick there keeping it safe. Xander was sure that getting there was the best thing to do.

Xander: move out!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:22 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mary Ann followed the rest as they headed towards the tower. She looked up as the new arrival joined Xander and Jadrian in the fight against the night wrath.

Theres no way that they can win. May the gods bless them with protection

Faring flew to her shoulder as she turned to run down hte next alley and pushed his head under her hand. she openned her mind to receive his report, a stream of images ran past her eyes that almost made her stop in her tracks

there were 3 more of the night stalkers coming!

she looked to the others as she ran,

"we better hurry there are three more night stalkers coming as reiforcements to the on we were fighting"

Faring wrapped himself tightly around Mary Ann's neck to the point where she had to hold him because he had started to suffocate her.

"Any suggestions on what we should do?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:31 pm 

From the back of the group Xander and Jadrian were fighting valiantly. Orb was covering them with Arrows as Jadrian parried the Night Wraths attacks.

Xander: it's claws are enormous.

Orb: Xander, I'm not sure how long I can do this for we really should hurry.

Xander turned to Mary,

Xander: We keep going, with any luck our friend up there will help us with more sky cover.

he glanced over to the Tower. not long now, infact maybe 100yards or so.

Xander: keep going!

(ooc: check ooc board)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:15 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Renee was the first to reach the tower, her speed from having been a rouge so long, coming in useful. She banged on the door.

"Open Up! We need to get inside. Hurry! We've got some unwanted company out here!" she yeled as she kept banging on the door. She stopped briefly when she heard locks being undone on the otherside.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:27 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Amannia loosed arrow after arrow at the creature, but they were far from slowing it down. Whenever it came in for a dive though, Ser was there waiting to take piece out of it when it came into range. She looked behind her for a second and saw the doors opening up and the others running in for saftey.

She turned back around to fire a few more shots at the creature but was to slow, she fired one more shot at point blank range and was bowled over by the larger wrath. Her bow had flown out of her hands as she was thrown back several dozen feet and the ground with a sickening thud, her breath had been blown out of her and it felt like a few bones had broken.

The wrath was just a few feet from her struggling to get back up just as she was, her last arrow had managed to lodge itself in the joint of one of its wings effectively grounding it. Ser flew in out of no were and tackled the creature, letting out a loud roar as the two rolled on the ground fighting. Using her bow as a crutch she pushed herself up off the ground and tried to notch an arrow but fell back down as soon as she removed the bow from under her arm.

Meanwhile Ser fought with the creature, claws raking and teeth riping any flesh off that they got a hold of, but he also took his share of damage and was eventually thrown off and sent skiding across the ground. He was soon back on his feet though circling the wrath, growling all the time waiting for it move first.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:38 am 

Xander came up behind the team, the last of them bar Amannia. Orb flew over head and rushed down to where she lay. 5 air arrows at point blank range lodged themselves into the back bone of the creature paralysing and grounding it at the same time.

Xander hurried over to Amannia and hoisted her over his shoulder and then, with a thought to Orb, they were safely inside. The huge oaken doors swung shut and the bolts and bars fell into place with a satisfying thud.

Xander: Are you ok?

He asked Amannia as he lowered her to the floor... she nodded, though it was through a grimace. He looked to the rest of the group. Everyone here? Everyone ok?

The hall was grand and there hung a huge, ornate chandelier above. It was filled with candles which seemed enchanted for their brightness belayed their thickness. On the wall were rich tapestries, telling tales of heroes past and about 50yards ahead of them stood a marble staircase. On the bottom step stood a figured, cloaked in blue. It stepped towards them, its face radiant with calm features.

Orb: how one can stay calm in a time like this is beyond me.

He was now in his normal form and floating near Xanders shoulder.

Xander stepped towards the figure and bowed his head.

Xander: sir, truly we have come at the right time. The situation outside is bleak and the evil ones have summoned Minions of the Abyss to do their bidding. This war cannot be moving in your favour?

The man turned to him and nodded.

?: peace Child, you are safe in here. The enchantments are so strong that none can enter without the masters will. But he was expecting only one...Where is Amannia?

She struggled to walk forward the man looked forlornly at her and raised his hand to her. His palm was tattooed with the feather of life,

Orb: a healer,

his hand glowed and Amannia found her wounds restored.

?: you were given an order to come here, were you not?

She nodded,

?: and yet you have brought with you this small strike team. Was this your intention?

Amannia: no, but they have proved themselves brave in combat and are worthy to fight for our cause.

She paused, the sheer reality of what they had gone through coming back to her.

Amannia: The enemy, it was so close to the Tower, have they really pushed the boundary so far into our side?

The figure nodded his weary head.

?: it is an unfortunate fact, but as I said, unless the master is killed the Tower can not be taken.

Xander: Excuse me sir, but may we see the Archmage?

?:he is in an important meeting with his generals at the moment it won't end for a few hours...

Amannia: How did they get here?

?: why, through the catacombs of course. To be honest we were anticipating your arrival that way too, it is the safest route.

Xander: can you tell him we are here and to make haste.

?: I will, in the meanwhile you can use this lower level to rest and wash, through there are the bathrooms and through the red door over there you will find the dorms, you can sleep if you like. Mayhap Cook has some food left in the kitchen if you are hungry.

Amannia: thank you for your generosity.

?: a bell will sound when the Archmage is ready to see you.

Xander nodded and with a glance to Orb, turned to the others.

Xander: until then!

With that he headed off to the bathrooms for a long soak.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next