Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:41 am

Post subject: Time Out of Memory
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:03 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Ok, guys, some of you may know me from the OLD board as Draggy. And those of you that DO know me will also know that but a few of my RPs saw their proper ending BUT we did have great fun working on them, nonetheless. It is in that spirit that I have decided to begin a new RP up here, utilizing an older idea, blending it with a new to create something that will hopefully be great fun for all involved. That said, let me introduce this idea to ya^__^

First, I have to lay just a few ground-rules:
1.) Please do not spam-post with only one sentence posts. Three or more okees??
2.) No godmodding- this RP is not centered on the invincible, astounding feats of your character alone. If your character can heal themselves via magic or whatnot then by all means, but no invincible all-powerful characters, please.
3.) Please, no beasts, and if your character IS a beast, a humanoid form would be appreciated to make social interactions, etc a whole lot easier.
4.) PLEASE post at least once every two days- to keep this running and running smoothly we'll need to keep it fresh, etc.
5.)HAVE FUN^__^ What's the point of writing and collabortating if not for the pleasure of it?

So there you have the main rules. If any issues arise, I'll address them.

Ok, so on to the plot! *dramatic pose* *Ahem* Right then... *straightens herself*

Long ago, in what is now looked upon as the Golden Age of Magic, the mages and sorcerers of the world saw the dawn and eventual peak of their power, and it was indeed during this age that Narina, better known as "Widow," the greatest sorceress of the last 1000 years lived and walked the earth. During that time, she sat as head of the Eldred Spyridon (literally the "counsel of spirit"), eventually leaving it and leading a shadowed life until her journeys took her in search of the fabled ancient magic of the Archaics- a race of extinct beings from whence elves and humans were said to have descended. Upon finding the power, she was met by a necromancer/sorcerer by name Marius who in an effort to wipe out all of the "impure" and "unworthy" of the world had also sought the magic of the Archaics, known as the Magus Cian. In teh battle that ensued, he fused his soul with the Magus Cian, though was still defeated by Widow with the help of friends. In the course of the fight, however, she was hit by a spell that would eat at her until her eventual lonely death many years later. By that time she had resigned her leading role on Eldred Spyridon and was succeeded by a good friend by name Leonite. Somehow, he has managed to survive into the present day, odd as it may seem. I give you all of this because it directly affects the events of our little adventure.

And so, Widow died and in the wake of her death, the problems that had plagued the mages and sorcerers and driven Marius to madness redoubled and a slight decline of magic took place until it was adopted as a useful tool by the governments of the world, schools opened, etc. Into this modern-medeival world of magic and science, swords and rifles step our characters and their conflict. Widow's absence has left room for opposition groups to spring up, namely one very dangerous one that is bent on resurrecting Marius- the greatest sorcerer/necromancer of his time- and the power that he was tied to. Their motives at present are unclear, but they are avidly searching for the means to bring him back, which is no easy task! Upon sealing him and the power away, Widow ripped the map that she had to the place into three pieces, giving one to Leonite and the Eldred Spyridon and hiding the other 2 along with the three relics needed to assemble the full power of the Magus Cian and thus to resurrect Marius himself. The Eldred is doing what they can, but something else must be done, lest Marius is brought back and the world reverted to chaos.

Ok, so now you have the plot, here's my character's information and the format for the character bio:

Name: Aki Zyanya (Better known as "Charm" to most for her
Race: human, sorceress
Height: 5'5"
weight: 115 lbs. (skinny!)
Hair: auburn, long, usually pulled up into a clip or braid
eyes: hazel
Appearance: Usually wears long skirts, button down shirts (sleeveless when teh weather allows), sometimes ties, a black wide brimmed ladies' hat, sometimes black gloves, glasses and sandals (ALWAYS!). Physically, she has pointed features set into a kind face, though her dress and glasses, etc can give her a very bookish look at times.

Status/job: sorceress, rumored to be the one of the best and most apt since Widow herself, she works for the Leonite and the Eldred Spyridon specializing in teh time department and acts as Keeper of the Present, although her research and sense of adventure often take her into other areas of the Eldred.

Weapon of choice: Magic, although she also carries one combat knife on her person as well.
ude for magic
Personality: Genreally, Charm is a very amiable person, very kind and caring and faascinated with way of the past. She has a natural aptitude for magic and uses it in her job for the Eldred and thus the people. When faced with trouble she can become very firm, but overall she remains optimistic, kind, and loyal to a fault. Not very difficult to get along with eh?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:44 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Name: Areon Swordsbane

Race: Half Dragon, Sorcerer

Height: 6'3'' tall

weight: 200 lbs (Average weight, pretty strong, plus his scales, wings tail, etc. add to his weight.)

Eyes: Glows blue, due to powerful magic, they get brighter or darker depending on his mood, no noticebble pupils.

Appearance: Having a muzzle, wings of a 14 foot wingspan he can easily fly, a 5 foot long tail, clawed hands and toes, draconic legs, and silver scales, you can tell he's half dragon, often times dressed in heavy robes to hide his appearance, and not scare anyone, the one thing he cannot ever hide is his blue eyes. When not wearing robes he wears a leather tunic, and leather shorts than go below his knees, no other armor besides his scales.

Status/job: Sorcerer, is the 2nd best sorcerer in the world at the moment, not only by his age, but by blood, draconic blood, he is surpassed by dragons, and otherp urely magic races, but humans and elves and other humanoids are no match for a half draconic, very devoted sorcerer. Casting more advanced spells drains his ability to cast heavily though, and sustaining a shield spell, that not only protects himself but others aswell, will drain it even more heavily. It is said he is second only to Aki Zyanya which he doesn't mind. He has a high respect for her.

Weapons: Magic, and a three pronged spear, the shaft is made of oak, the middle prong of the spear is made of green emerald, one of the others is made of obsidian, and the last prong is made of Amithyst
The spear shoots three kind of attacks, a dark magical orb that turns enemies on the allies, a green orb that packs an explosive punch, and and purple orb that has a peircing attack. He has has his two breath weapons, a cone of frost and a cone of sleeping gas.

Personality: Calm, layed back, and tolerant. Not boastful, or mean, lets other boast away, well the other less experienced mages, he stays at the school to give advice to the newer mages, but still goes adventuring more than once a month, more than four times usually, or if it's a big one he'll be there.

Last edited by Heavyman on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:03 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Are Nephilium(Half-Angels) allowed?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: answers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:36 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Heavyman: any way you could tone him down just a LITTLE *makes little sign with her fingers* bit??

Jishdefish: I'd prefer not... This is mainly centered around the more mortal races that exist. Granted, dragons and half dragons are powerful, but they ARE mortal in some sense...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:36 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

ok, Aki, let me know if this is good and if any tweaking will be needed.

Name: Ellwood

Race: Human, Druid

Height: 5'8"

weight: 11stn

Hair: a dark green colour, shoulder length and held in a low pony tail.

eyes: hazel

Appearance: He has leather flip flops, a white cotton shirt with long sleeves which he often rolls up, a small leather waistcoat (vest in american english) which he leaves unbottoned. around his wrists are beaded braclets with various charms enchanted on them. he wears mid calf length shorts made from cotton as well. the loose clothing make it easy for him to use his powers. he also carries a satchel in which he collects herbs and samples of things he finds, along with a small pestle and mortar and a flint and tinder. he also carries a pair of leather gloves for when plants prove impossible to grasp otherwise.

Status/job: works for the Leonite and the Eldred Spyridon as apprentice to Herb master Loden. Loden is also a druid, and is cheif herb master, he uses his time to research uses for plant based medicines. his greatest discovery so far was the cure for the rabbit pox outbreak 15 years ago. Ellwood studied as a druid and herbalist and graduated at the top of his class. some say there is elven blood in his veins, he doesn't know the far reaches of his lineage though. he is training to be the next herb master, replacing Loden.

Weapon of choice: he has no weapons per say, he believes things should be sorted out through peaceful discussion, not violence. however if the need were to ever arise he has training in the use of staves. which he can summon, or grow if you like, quickly from a nearby plant. different plants, he's found, have granted his staves different properties.

Personality: patience and understanding make Ellwood a very good druid. for the most part he is often out in the community, helping farmers deal with a blight to crops or figure out why the rain hasn't fallen in weeks. he has limited control of the weather magicks and he has skill in using plants to do his bidding. he also can have a understanding of animals yet not openly converse with them. he's liked by most people but on the whole keeps himself to himself and studies hard. he takes pride in his work and can be very serious.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:55 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Is my character sheet better now?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:55 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
She wasn't really THAT powerful, I focused mainly on her mortal attributes, but if you don't allow it you don't allow it. Here's my character then:

Name: Yuri (Kuall)

Race: Human (Dragon)

Deity: Kuall (Dragon)

Profession: Deciple(similar to a priest)

Eye Color: Green, hazed

Hair color: Black, Flowing

Description: Clothed in nothing more than a black robe, she is a deciple of Kuall, being his eyes, ears and will. She carries a Calindornyte Scimitar, given to her by Kuall himself. Also she has his Crest burnt into the back of her hand which entitles her to certain privleges.

History: Blind since birth, Yuri was abandoned at the mouth of a dragon's cave. Kuall saved her from death and gave her the gift of sight by maturing her inner eye. She trained under the dragon's watchful gaze untill she was 18. she was then released as the dragon's pawn. Yuri is Kuall's deciple, his eyes ears and will. Though she still has her freedom when He is not with her in the mind-link, she cannot disobey him without the fear of death.

Armor: None

Weapon: Calindornyte Scimitar

Personallity: Submissive, guided, Yuri has a timid personallity, because of her little experience with humans. She knows much about the world as the dragon shared much of his knoledge with her. She has a will of her own but is often overshadowed by Kuall (A bit rash, but intelligent)

Magic: She has limited healing powers, and also(as previously mentioned) has the gift of seeing 'beyond' not only sensing feelings and emotions but omens and auras.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:23 pm 
The Broken One

Hey, i probably won't actually join in the rp when it starts but i'll come in later, is that okay?

Name: Radgar Truess
Species: Human
Height: 5' 11"
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black. Cut very short.
Skin: Tan
Weapons: Rapier and crossbow
Clothing: Regular soldier's outfit. Brown coat, pants, and black leather boots. Tan colored shirt.
Other: Quite full of himself most of the time and very sure around women (though more often then not he ends up being slapped). Decently good with a cross bowbut not amazing. his true talents lie with his rapier. He can blade dance and often does it when inbetween jobs to get a spot at an inn. Has no magical talent what-so-ever and holds it to be hokey and not exactly reliable or necissary.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: More answers!! YAY!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:22 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Ok.

Heavyman: Thanks for toning him down a bit^__^ You didn't HAVE to make him under Aki, just kinda not SO powerful. However, job well done in any case and I really appreciate it^^

Jish:Accepted, and the reason I didn't want a half-angel is because also, really this is mroe based on MORTAL matters than those of immortals (and sorry, but I count angels among immortals).

Fyre: Of course you're accepted, old friend^__^ It'll be interesting to add the Druid aspect to the traditional magic ideas, practices, and such.

Makla: Accepted- I really like the balance he'll bring to this gathering of magicians, druids, etc. BUT, I'll be PMing you about when we can possibly bring you in, etc. I don't have a problem bringing you in later, it'll just take a bit of thinking, tweaking etc on my part.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:07 pm 
The Broken One

okay, kewl, but i don't know if i'll get it. the reason i won't be joining 'till later is 'cause my computer is bust and its very hard for me to get on. i usually have to sneak on at my work and that doesn't leave much time to check everything. i can get on the library's computers about once a week if i'm lucky, though.
i'll watch for it, but don't expect a speedy answer.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:42 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

When is this rp going to start?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: start date
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:38 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Hopefully within the next week and no later. I'm just waiting on Exanderous to hopefully post his character bio and actually, I'm going to visit him this coming weekend, so I'll be out of town. So sometime early next week is what I'm looking at, between waiting for him to post and also I'll be working all this week cause I'm missing four days of work to go out of town so I kinda need to make up the time, etc.

But anyway, I digress. Expect to see the first post sometime early next week^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: READY!!?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:29 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Ok guys, I'm back, and the first post is in teh RP forum! Sorry, but it IS really long to forwarn you. I kinda had to do that to intriduce everything and there's a LOT to introduce. Sorry! But anywho. Have fun!

Offline Profile