Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:53 pm

Post subject: OOC: 5003
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:27 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Since my other RPs didn't do to well, I decided to start anew.
The year is 5003 Earth has become over populated and has sent out satelites to find hospitable planets to inhabit and three sent back responses. These three planets are now having giant rings built in orbit around them and one in orbit around Earth, this is called the Rein Project and is going to be used as a form of interplanetary transportation. Our characters are working on one of these four rings orbitting planet Gamma 539, the Earth government has named this planet Twi (pronounced like the beginning of twilight). Twi is a heavily forested planet and is inhabited by what appear to be inteligent beings that look like humans with insectoid exoskeletons, with wings. This planet also has weaker gravity than Earth but humans will be able to walk along the surface without consequences. Our group will, once the rings are finished, go to the other three planets and explore. I'll give you more info later.

Last edited by Dragon444 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:24 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
:shock: This reminds me of Lost in Space; the movie not the series.

:roll: Anyways, two questions: What races are allowed? And are you going to participate(As in having a character)?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:21 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Of the three new planets, two have intelligent life, Twi and Leeday. Twi is described above but I did forget to mention that the plant life here has an extremely fast growth rate, explorers have seen the giant beasts that roam the planet crush entire feilds of trees just to have them grow back within a matter of seconds. The enteligent species here look just as described above, people can play as these or humans. Beta 371 (Leeday) is a planet with odd temperate regions. There are two landmasses that split the planet in half, making the Eastern and Western Hemispheres. Then each landmass is cut into half by a desert that runs the entire length of the equator where temperatures reach a scorching 150 degrees ferinheit. The poles of this planet are extremely cold and are completely uninhabited. These two boundries, the ociens and the desert have created four very unique sections, only one of which holds inteligent life. This species looks like centaurs with four arms, but are completely hairless. They fear the water and somehow live without it. Humans have not tried to make contact with this species. Water on this planet is a clear green although its atomic structere is identicle to Earth's, as is the microscopic life. Tomorrow I'll describe the last planet, Alpha 637 (Hynell). I will be playing with you guys.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:14 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Sounds neat.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:17 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
No dragons or half-dragons? :cry:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:29 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Sorry, Jish, but not yet. Alpha 637 (Hynell) is an aquatic world littered with islands. There is no inteligent species here. Some plants that resemble trees have hollow fruits that contain fresh water instead of the salty ocean water. Some of the ocean life here is as large as some of the skyscrapers on earth.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:53 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Is this a battle or thinking RP? Would you allow a Nephilum(half-angel)? Sorry for all the questions, but I am intrigued.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:17 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
this does sound interesting but i would have to know if it was a battle or thinking rp also.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:17 pm 
Silver sorceress

this does sound interesting but i would have to know if it was a battle or thinking rp also.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:53 am 
G.E.E.K.

This is a mix between both battle and thinking. These explorers are trying to explore these worlds and prevent anybody from being killed by the giant beasts roaming these worlds. Yet they are also trying to maintain peace with the natives. Jish, I will think about adding more species to the game but beside that I don't think I'll make any changes.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:50 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Well, I think I'll just alter one of my chars then, I don't want to cramp your style...

Name: Emilya Songwrit
Race: Human (Engineered)
History: She was found nearly dead on the street, an orphaned girl that had dissapeared for ages, suddenly back in a now harsh world. She was brought to the orphanage appearing only 3, but understood anyone she came in contact with. As far as she remembers she has always been deaf and mute, the gift of toungue alien to her, though ever since she was found she could read lips.... Or maybe feelings.... She was also discovered to have a unique grace with martial arts, and is an expert with a quill, she never goes anywhere without her notebook and quill, which is specially made to write in any color.

Description: Her skin is slightly tanned, but has a certain brightness to it. Her eyes are a purple color and her hair a light shade of teal. She also has a single right wing of pure white feathers.

Personallity: Light, cheerful, though a bit timid, she often has a sense of humor drawing somewhat funny pictures of her few friends. She will usually only share this picture with the person whom was the subject of the personal ridicule.

Weapon: A black diamond katana, harvested from the turbulent atmosphere of neptune. She wears the sheath for it on the right side(same as her wing) as she is left-handed.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:10 am 
G.E.E.K.

Name: Belin Rein Jr.
History: He never new his father (The founder of the Rein Project) and the world never knew him, When his father died 3 months before he was born, they split the fortune into four shares, giving one to his mother and splitting the rest between the other three planets. Now Belin Rein Jr. is searching for the remaining three portions of the treasure that was hidden from his family for so long. He knows barely anything about the Rein Project.
Description: his skin is a pale white dute to staying out of sunlight, his eyes are a nice sky blue, and his hair is a shining silver color.
Personality: Likes his space and loves the quiet. He always guards a medallion hanging from his neck and lets only the closest of his companions touch it.
Weapon: A beast tamers whip that was handed down to him from his grandmother. This whip is aproximately 4 and a half feet long and has glass and rocks weaved into it, for added damage.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:50 pm 
Silver sorceress

i'll try it:

Name: Mary Ann Raligh
Race:Human
History: She grew up with her father(an engineer) after her mother died when she was young so she got really good with cars and other types of electronic stuff. she can learn anything in one try so her father homeschooled her after she embarassed her teacher in first grade when she corrected her teacher about her facts. her father also taught her street fighting and how to use most weapons.

Description:she has light blonde hair that has an almost silver look with pale skin and bright blue eyes. she has some odd heritage that gave her some odd looking protrusions(sp?) on her back almost like the base of wings, that move as she fights to give her an unnatural quickness.
Personality: a bit sarcastic, but for the most part sweet and good natured. if caught in a corner she will fight her way out and has some what of a quick temper in those situations.
Weapon:two knives that she keeps, one in each shoe(high top boots). she mostly relies on her hands and legs as her defense and carries a lazer gun with different levels of fire.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:52 am 
G.E.E.K.

O.K. I need some more people to join before I start. About 2 or 3.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:04 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Good luck :roll: There isn't hardly anyone on the RP section anymore.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:42 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Sounds fun... I like thinking RP's. I guess I'll play

Name: Cecilia
Race: human (although I like android better)

History: The youngest of five children and the only girl Cecilia was never treated nice. One day when she messed up the chores her parents decided to send her off to work at the Rein Project. She's very resourceful and good at healing and anything to do with medicine.

Description: Tall with long pink hair tangled up in meatballs at the top. She has brown eyes and can be seen wearing a frilly apron.

Personality: Kind and gentle Cecilia she's always helpful and she's mostly silent. She enjoys a good challenge though and is always ready for battle.

Weapon: She carries a kind of charged scalpel that damages the inside without showing a scar or any evidence that you've been cut on the outside.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:50 am 
Matrix Operator

I might try...

Name: Jason Crunch

Descriptions: Lean, wiry. 5'11". Brown hair, grey eyes. His left hand has a scar on it. He is fast, but not overly big- earning him the high school nickname of "Shrimp".

History: From his birth, Jason has always known he would be a pilot. He swiftly rose through the ranks of the AF, soon earning the rank of Captain (and never living it down). He is one of the aces of flight, and has been dispatched to check the progress of Twi's ring construction.

Personality: With a quick sense of humor and a good nature, Jason has many friends and few enemies. His innate sense of justice lead to his only arrest, after he set fire to a man as the guy was killing someone (Jason had no weapons but a lighter on him.)

Weapons: A throwing knife and a zatniketal. (An S-shaped weapon from Stargate SG-1. One blast stuns, the second kills, and the third vaporizes. It shoots its blasts in the form of electrical impulses. Pronounced Zat- nick-e-tol. Jason calls it a zat gun.)

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:10 pm 
G.E.E.K.

O.K. we've got enough people now so I'll start the RP now. Enjoy!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:26 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Oh, I forgot to tell this to you guys. I'm also writing a book about this adventuer with a few small adjustments. Well, I'm wondering if I could use your characters in the book? Since I'm nice, I'm asking for your permission before I take the characters. Also if you would like I'll post a copy of it here.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:37 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sure, as long as I can still use it in other RP's with slight adjustments. :roll: Though I find it kinda, well, how should I put it... legally challenged to do this sorta thing off of the internet, I mean anyone could claim it as their own work and sue you for it. I'm not one of those people, as I respect the rights of the mind and it's concoctions, but there are people out there who would....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Permission
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:39 am 
Matrix Operator

Dragon44, I Falconer as a fellow author give you leave to use my character. :)

Please post a copy; I wouldn't want to miss this. :wink:

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile