Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:58 am

Post subject: Quiz.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:49 pm 
G.E.E.K.

This quiz is to see what people like in an RP, after this quiz is done I will make an RP with the info we've compiled on this topic. The questions are below, most are "yes" or "no" answers.

1. Are war based RPs interesting?

2. Do you like worlds that have been written by famous authors or worlds created specificly for here?

3. Do you like fresh charecters or charecters that have been used before?

4. Are Clans, groups, tribes, or Nationalities a good idea for RPs?

5. Would an RP where your charecter could have a special ability be fun?

6. Would an RP where you could pick any species you like be fun?

7. Do you like modern day or medieval based RPs?

8. What type of weapon do you like? (Bow, pistol, sword, axe, etc.)

9. Do RPs whith multiple Nations where you can base your characters in interest you?

10. Do you like working with friends on an RP (A.K.A. adventuring groups) or not?

If you want to add a question, PM me and I'll edit it in to here.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:18 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

1 yes
2 either
3 I use fresh characters usually but might carry on ones story for a coiple of Rps
4 Depends on the story
5 I generally have a couple so would prefer more than 1
6 yes
7 medieval
8 Bow, sword, axe
9 depends on the story
10 yes

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:32 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

1 defianto

2 the second. they are limitless

3 depends on how well the were used before.

4 yep.

5 always are.

6 always are.

7 medevil

8 peanut butter sandwich...I mean...medevil weapons

9 *busy eating sandwich* mmm-hmm

10 *still eating* mmm-hmm

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:21 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Muh, depends.

worlds made here

Fresh

Sometimes

Always!!

Always!!

Modern day isnt very good; so given the choices Medival, but if I could choose "future" I would.

Longsword, Broadsword or claws.

Sometimes.

Yes, as long as they don't alter the story too much....

WHEW that took a while, I worded up a sweat UNDERWATER!!!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Quiz.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:43 am 

1. Are war based RPs interesting? No, not really. They put in to many npcs and take away from the actions of the player characters.

2. Do you like worlds that have been written by famous authors or worlds created specifically for here?
Well most worlds I play in were roleplay worlds first and then a book. Like Dragonlance, Eberron and Forgotten Realms.

3. Do you like fresh characters or characters that have been used before?
I love making characters. Starting from scratch and having the next one as different from the last as I can. And I try not to make the stereotype character too much, like a dwarf fighter.

Yes if the role-play is ready for it. The line in-between friend and foe is made with those.

5. Would an RP where your character could have a special ability be fun?
Well the is the point of a hero, that they have a "special ability". It can be as mundane as picking a lock to casting powerful magic. It is all what makes the character who they are.

No, with too many choices people normally try to choose the more powerful creatures that just are not fun to role-play with.

I like both. But I do like the fantasy more than modern day games. Guns are just too much of a cheat. A kobold with a rifle can kill an entire party in just a couple of rounds. And what fun is that.

Well it really depends on the class I use. And the mood I am in.

9. Do RPs with multiple Nations where you can base your characters in interest you?
As above, yes. I find this makes the characters background stronger if they have someplace to work with.

10. Do you like working with friends on an RP (A.K.A. adventuring groups) or not?
Solo games are not fun. I tried one and it just died out. I like playing with great players who can fill the niches in a party.

I hope I helped.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:19 am 
King of Dragons

A: Depends on what kind of war, usually, all these war RP's are the same. Come up with something new and make a friend.

2. Do you like worlds that have been written by famous authors or worlds created specificly for here?
A: Usually worlds that are created here. Fan fiction is reserved for other sections, but again, it depends on which world.

A: I have 3 char's I use all the time: Talus, Seraphine, Brearios. But I am not opposed to making new ones.

A: Heck yeh! Especially if each one has a lot of members.
Special: If anyone answers yes to this question^ Please pm me or Mia.

A: ...what kind of special abiltity? Like ESP? Yeah, it would be fun.

A: Freedom of choice is always a good thing, especially for my dragon King char. Its kinda hard to fing RP's with that kind of structure.

A: Medieval, then again, I haven't played a modern...

A: Talus: Sword; Brearios: Axe; Seraphine: Bow or Rapier

9. Do RPs whith multiple Nations where you can base your characters in interest you?
A: Thats sort of like the clan question so yeh!

A: Again, thats like the clan question, so yeh!

Hope I've helped you with my little "insights".

If you would like a new avatar or sig pic, pm me and ask. ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:14 am 
Legendary Warrior

Depends on the RP itself and the creator. I like war based RPs as long as the detail isn't... "painful".

2. Do you like worlds that have been written by famous authors or worlds created specifically for here?
Both. Worlds created by famous authers is great because people can know what to expect, but worlds created just for that RP is best, to me, because they allow me to be more creative in my writings.

Both. Characters that have been used before add a certain feel to the RP while fresh charecters add a feel of the unexpected in a sense.

That depends on the RP. Does the RP call for the need of clans, groups, tribes, etc.. or not?

Yes.

Yes.

Both.

All types. Espeacially swords and daggers.

9. Do RPs with multiple Nations where you can base your characters in interest you?
Yes, it lets me feel in control of my character.

I like fighting in a group. The good guys have a better sucess rate in a group. Well, most of the time any ways.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:53 am 

here's my input

they can be interesting if you have a damn good person at the helm. AngelofDeath wrote a very good war RP a few years back. lots of room for character development.

While I'd love to romp through lothlorien it is so much more fun to romp through my or someone else's imagination

I like to use old characters only in threads with people i have rp'd with before and who know the characters. and preferably their characters have history with mine.

they add diversity, but don't offer too many.

it would be boring if they were talentless.

it would be fun but also rather strange, keeping up with all of the species traits is hard to do, so it again should be limited and the DM should give detail for each species on offer.

I prefer medievil based RP's that age seems much more romantic

it depends on my character, a projectile weapon or long reach one is my prefered option.

see my answer to 4

10. Do you like working with friends on an RP (A.K.A. adventuring groups) or not

I like working with friends because there is better communication and the flow of ideas and energy is much more fluid.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:52 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

No I prefer fantasy RPs.

I like worlds that are created purely out of the person who makes it mind. It seems a lot more creative this way.

Fresh characters or characters that are used before really don't make a difference the plot is what matters.

Sometimes they are sometimes they aren't it all depends.

Yes it would I like special abilities.

Yes and not to mention creative.

Modern day

I don't really like weapons I like abilities.

Yes.

I like working with friends in RPs it's cool to see what ideas we can all come up with.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:23 pm 
G.E.E.K.

So far I know this RP will be in medieval times, have a limited amount of species, special abilites will be available, have a few nations in a brand new world, (since I'm not really good at story writing) not during a war, most players will have a brand new character, and all the players will (hopefully) stay in a group.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:42 pm 
Solitary Serpent

1. Are war based RPs interesting? I'm not big on war. . .

2. Do you like worlds that have been written by famous authors or worlds created specificly for here? Either one. But the a made-up world allows more room for the imagination.

3. Do you like fresh charecters or characters that have been used before? Having the exact same character over and over can be boring. If you have the same character, change a few details.

4. Are Clans, groups, tribes, or Nationalities a good idea for RPs? Yeh, it gives you a sense of where the character is coming from. It also restricts you from having some off-the-wall character.

5. Would an RP where your charecter could have a special ability be fun? Of course!

6. Would an RP where you could pick any species you like be fun? No, it creates too many options. Besides, it wouldn't fit in well with the clan idea.

7. Do you like modern day or medieval based RPs? I'm a sucker for castles and knights and dragons and wizards. . .

8. What type of weapon do you like? (Bow, pistol, sword, axe, etc.) No guns. I like the traditional stuff: bows, swords, etc.

9. Do RPs with multiple Nations where you can base your characters in interest you? Kinda. . .

10. Do you like working with friends on an RP (A.K.A. adventuring groups) or not? Yeh. *sings* 'One is the loneliest number. . .'

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:47 pm 
The Broken One

Depends. If it is modern day war (with guns and such) then no, but if it is medievial war, then yes. oh, and as long as nobody gets almighty about themselves.

i like both, personally. i'll take the world written by the famous author as long as everyone uses their own original characters, not characters from the book the world came from. worlds created specificly for here, though, tend to be more interesting

fresh characters are fun but i think that once you get to know a certain character, that one becomes more fun to use everytime

yes. it gives your character background and limits the bizarre ideas that some people come up with. its nice to have an imagionation, but please people, keep it sensible.

of course. as long as it's not too overly powerful. because then you get the people who try to make their character akin to a god. and quite honestly, it's bloody well obnoxious when there are many other people around but that one person seems to think that they need to defeat all fifty men and not get a single scratch out of it.

yes and no. i think you should keep your character close to the initial character (or the character being used by the creator of the rp) I don't think there should be limit to only one species, however.

psh, medieval of course.

dirk

maybe. as long as it's not too... out there, you know?

sure. personally, though, i think the less people, the better. with more people, someone tends to be shoved out.

Offline Profile