Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:04 am

Post subject: OOC: Middle Earth - The Fourth Age
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:28 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

It's twenty five years since Frodo destroyed the Ring of Power, the world is mostly prosperous. King Aragorn, and Queen Arwen, along with Prince Illithil rule over the land with justice, and equality. Lady Eowyn has become Queen of Rohan and still mourns over King Theodin's death, she has married Faramir. Minas Tirith has been repaired since the siege of the white city twenty five years ago. Gimli and many other dwarves have retaken, and repaired the mines of Moria, and now he rules over Moria with the other dwarves. Legolas has left to the Undying Lands with most of the other elven people, while there are still some who remain to help guide the race of men to rule themselves, and to provide knowledge for those who seek it, some look for adventure and wander the land. Sam Wise Gamgee now has twenty five children, and lives peacfully in the Shire, and he is quite famous among the Halflings of the Shire. But in Middle Earth there is always a threat, orcs are not vanquished from the land, and have multiplied. Multiplied to uncountable numbers, they hide in deep caves, and are lead by the descendant of Smaug, the dragon that lived in the Lone Mountain, and this dragon wants revenge for it's father's death.

Map of Middle Earth- http://www.ziltox.dk/download/middle-ea ... ourney.jpg]http://www.ziltox.dk/download/middle-earth_map_journey.jpg

Races:

Dwarves: Great miners and craftsman, they make homes in the mountains, they mine for gold, silver, iron, mithril, ect. Both men and women of this race have beards making the belief there are no dwarf women. They are immortal same as elves. They're around three to three and a half feet tall.

Elves: Rarer now, but still immortal, and wise, Makers of the finest weapons, and armor, best known for making things of Mithril, they are great archers, and are agile, and graceful, They are light footed and can travel at a running pace nonstop for a day.

Humans: The most common race in Middle Earth, but also the most short lived, they are the finer swordsmen of the races.

Halflings(Hobbits): A peaceful, and prosperous folk, they love to eat, and stay at home. They have six meals a day, and tend to be fat. They are very agile, and quiet when moving anywhere, they can move more silently than elves in woods. They are excellent at throwing rocks. They live in houses made inside hills, these homes are called Hobbit-holes. They have thick skin on their feet and seldom wear shoes, their feet are also hairy like their heads, they have pointy ears aswell, they are ussually around two through three feet tall.

Half Dragon: Only one existed in two thousand years, and died at the age of five hundred due to being impaled on a spear whilst in battle. And now only one exists now (My character). They are scary at first glance, and depending on who it is, if you give it a chance they aren't always cruel. Not many people accept them.

Dragon: Most dragons in Middle Earth are evil, and vile, and blood thirsty literally, though unlike other worlds their scales do not harden by themselves, they must lay on a hoard for hundreds of years and have jewels, gems, and diamonds imbedded into thier scales to make them impenetrable. (The dragon I'll allow in this aren't allowed to be over eight hundred, so they won't have impenetrable scales.) But all dragons have their weak spots, I'll let the player choose the weak spot.

Open Spots:

King Aragorn

Queen Arwen

Queen Eowyn

Sam Wise Gamgy

Meriodoc Took

Perigrin Took

Gimli Son of Gloin

Son of Sam Wise Gamgy

Daughter of Sam Wise Gamgy

Prince Illithil son of Aragorn.

Of course these spots don't need to be filled, just an option. Just post your request in the OOC for one, first come first serve.

Char Sheet:

Name:
Race:
Build
Appearance:
Attire:
Weapons:
Skills/Abilities:
Personality:
History:
Weak spot(If your playing as a dragon):

-- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Areon son of Jal'garesh.

Race: Gold Half-Dragon Half-human

Height/Weight: 6'2''/ 238 lbs

Build: strong, but still athletic and agile.

Age: 400(Young for a Half breed of middle earth for their dragon blood makes them immortal)

Appearance: muzzle, gold scales, gold blonde hair, 2 horns one on each side of his head pointing backwards both 6 inches in length, blue but dragon like eyes, claws that are a half-inch long, double jointed legs and dragon like feet, one or two teeth stick out of his mouth, his ears aren't noticeable but they're there, like dragons he walks on his toes.

Attire: Wears a Green Elven Tabard with trees made of fine golden string sewn into it like a tree, He wears linen-metal like shorts that’s cover down to just a little below his first set of knees. Under his tabard he wears a Mithril Hauberk that covers his linen-metal shorts mostly, underneath the tabard is a tanned leather 'jacket', over his armor he wears a linen long sleeve shirt, but over that is his tabard. His sword's scabbard is elven made with metal on the end, and the hole where the blade goes, his belt his elvish, and for a buckle it looks like a leaf, on his feet above his toes he has plated armor strapped on to protect his toes/feet, on his tail he has special strapped on steel plated armor protecting the top side of his tail, but not the underside of it, the tail armor also is made to give full range of movement, on the first set of knees his has steel knee pads strapped on also.

Weapons: An Elvish Mithril Long sword 35'' in length hangs on the left side of his belt, and a wand made of gold, with a small handle made of silver. His sword glows blue when evil is near, and its enchanted so it doesn’t break, or dull, or rust, and a steel spear, used for the first few minutes of battle.

Skills/Abilities: Breathe fire and sleep gas. User of magics. A Master swordsman.

Other: His scales are quite strong but only as strong as about to withstand repeated blows from a sword but an arrow would be able to pierce a little ways in and a spear if he were to be unaware could be thrust through him. His draconic blood gives him better magic using capabilities, eyesight, smell, taste, and most of all strength, intelligence, and will. On his back is a Tanned leather shield, the leather stretched over a round wooden shield, also he carries a bedroll, carried on his back. Also he has a pipe, and plenty of tobacco, his lungs are not even blackened or hurt from the smoke.

Personality: has a kind face, Hardly ever mean or cruel, a nice person overall, not easy to make him sad though, adventurous, loyal, honorable.

History: Born in Rohan, raised by his human mother. He was surprisingly quickly accepted into the kingdom, and when he was twenty they encouraged him to join the army of Rohan, which he gladly did, and he defended Rohan valiantly. By the time he was three hundred, he served Rohan in the military for two hundred years, and decided to get out on his own, though he is four hundred, he still hasn't been to every place in Middle Earth, he has explored the lands between Rohan and Gondor, and been to Rivendell, where he had gotten his Mithril armor, and mithril sword, though he never did explore the lands between Rohan and Rivendell thoroughly. He has never met his draconic father, and probably never will. Though he fights for good, he is feared by many people that do not understand. In Rohan he has many friends, same goes with Gondor. On one occasion he was named Friend of the elves, a high honor, he got this honor by saving an elven maiden from goblins in The Misty Mountains, that adventure was when he was rewarded by the Sword and armor. He had helped Rohan twenty five years ago by his own will to defend Helms Deep, and to save Minas Tirith. The one place he isn't feared is Rohan, and Rohan is where his home is now. He owns a house in Edoras, the town where Queen Eowyn resides. For such a famous hero of Rohan he has a humble house, with humble furniture, though he is wealthy, he doesn't show it.

His Sword: http://www.gungfu.com/pics_general/pics ... rkness.jpg

What a Hauberk is: http://chain-mail-armour.co.uk/assets/i ... AUBERK.JPG

Last edited by Heavyman on Wed May 03, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:17 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Wow, you really changed the history of Middle Earth. So this is your own take of this world, I guess it?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:44 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Yep, it never said there are or weren't half dragons in it, but I'd imagine they're really rare.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:54 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
I might join, although those books are quite dusty on my shelf--I don't reread much....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:05 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Hope ya join.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:44 pm 

No, I don't want to join, but mind if I take what happpens and make a story out of it? btw, its Samwise GamgEE

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:31 pm 
Isitarian Legend

AHH! I'm not going to join....but some of the history things were driving me nuts. Hope you don't mind me bargeing in, just to correct you. :oops:

Sorries.

Sam has 13 children, not 2.

And Eowyn married Faramir.

And, if I may ask, how did the orcs multiply? Weren't there, like, no females? Actually...don't answer that...

SORRY. I had to get it out of my system. Eat me if you will....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:44 am 

There were female orcs. Just not put into the movie or "The Lord of the Rings". Remember the orcs are just elves taken by Melkor and tortured and perverted untill they became orcs. Or at least one of the stories say.

And here is an idea of other stuff we are talking about. In other words the "half-dragons" were the least of our worries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_o ... Fourth_Age

And Éomer is king of Rohan.

And with Éowyn and Faramir. I hope this quote helps with the 4th age history.
Quote:
King Elessar appointed Faramir as the Prince of Ithilien and Beregond to be the Captain of his guard, the White Company. As Prince of Ithilien, he and the Prince of Dol Amroth, Gondor’s two highest ranking nobles, became King Elessar's chief commanders. His duties also included acting as resident march-warden of Gondor's main eastward outpost, rehabilitating the lost territories, as well as clearing it of outlaws and orcs and cleansing Minas Morgul of evil-remnants.[4] Faramir also fulfilled the traditional role as Steward, acting as the King’s chief counselor as well as ruling Gondor in the King’s absence.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:20 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Eomer died, don't you remember in the two towers, Theoden's son was eomer right?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:59 pm 
The Corruption

Wasn't Eomer Eowyn's brother, leader of the Riders of Rohan? If not, who was that?

Offline Profile