Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:59 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b>Void:</b></center>
No, I liked the first idea... And everybody loves you! *Gives him a great big suffocating hug.*

<center><b>Everyone Else...</b></center>
And anyways, the horrible distraction has been ended and we can move on! No... wait... we've been distracted again... Damn it all...

Why don't we save this for Albrecht? If we stop now, we are never going to get anywhere. Besides, didn't I imply in my last post that it was around lunch time? Why would we stop so early in the day? We can eat dinner on the way, and maybe get to Albrecht by supper. Just a thought, perhaps I will add it into my next post...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:44 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

We'll put up with it THIS time. We'll just have to get to know ol' Kingy and a few little Albrecht tid-bits, then be dumped into the main part of the story.

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:03 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Okay, that last post was actually Void.

But it still stands. Basically, what Serenity is planning on forcing upon everyone is the same as what the original plan was. But, we are here now, and I'm not about to walk the road of hypocritsy, set a bad example and just ignore another RPer, no matter who they are or how rushed what they put was.

So let's try to see the positives rather than whining about what could've been; it gives the impression that you have plans of your own, which I think everyone will agree, would probably be highly unproductive if implemented so early on.

1) Campsite provides far greater intimacy than riding upon horseback.
2) It's still going to take the same number of posts before we're at Albrecht anyway. ('The next day, we arrived at Albrecht...')
3) This is a chance to dispel some of the grey and shadowed areas of people's characters - most people here don't have a character history, per sey; they can get away with saying that it's relitive to the board. Which is all well and good, unless you're still unsure of exactly what your character's history is, in which case it just translates into laziness or reflects upon your skills as a role-player, by definition: to take on or act out the role of someone else. Which includes having a history for them and being AWARE of what that history is.
4) Even the 'I DON'T UNDERSTAND. THIS IS POINTLESS!' little nancy girls in the thread should be able to reply to this. (If you can't, see point 3 and leave my thread immediately. I would kick out a n00b for not having a half-way decent character history on-hand and I will kick out a supposedly/self-proclaimed 'advanced' or 'veteran' RPer if they can't think of one either. It's the BASICS.)
5) It's allowed Fyre to make a subtley clever post, which I'm liking. :-)

So c'mon people, let's see some Character development! Or do some of us still fill some of those n00b catagories?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:25 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Yes, what you don't know is I'm actually working with the evil forces of the universe who are destined to bring the world against any efforts you might make!

Or you'd like to think so...

Anywho, I posted for you, so be happy. And don't whine about the content, cause food is all thats on my mind, so if we are going to stop I'm going to eat something. The first person to complain isn't getting any! lol This is what comes from being poor and starved for a month...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:33 pm 
Tightwad

SOMEONE POST! I reallly wanna get going on this thread.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:41 pm 
Tightwad

I never double-post, but come on! I want to get the story moving! can someone please post!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:07 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I'm waiting for everyone else to post, more specifically Christian or Void. Last time I checked, neither had posted.

Sorry Chalgrish.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:19 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

me too, there is not a lot a post from me would add to the situation right now.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:55 am 
Master Old Dragon

Ooooookay...

Where is Tourniquet and Void? Next person who sees them, tie them to a chair and don't let them go until I get there.

Offline Profile