Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:55 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Is it to late to join?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:07 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

no its not, like I said im letting people join even though the rp is in progress.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:31 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Excellent. Heres my charecter.

Name:Andromeda

Race:Bronze Dragon

Physical Appearance:For him to be a Bronze dragon he surely is black... literally. His scales are picth black but his eyes are a glorious matallic gold.

Attire:Scales

Armor:Scales

Class:Fighter

Weapon(s):Claws, teeth, and intelligence

History(Optional):All that is known of this dragon is that his scales were turned black as a result of a battle many years ago.

Personality:Generally a friendly one. He is almost always calm (99%), but even if he does get mad he is always level headed (never acks without thinking). He doesnt fight unless he has to.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:58 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

K, it's good

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:48 am 
Master Old Dragon

I was eyeing this one for a while, so I hope there's still room. I present to you Ilelan (her mother is a bit too big for this I think):

Name: Ilelan the White

Species:Phase Dragon (first Phase)

Evil/Good: Good (neutral to chaotic)

Age: 5000 years (actually extremely young for one of her species.)

Mature Adult at Age: 5000 years

Appearance: She is roughly the size of a large Shire horse. Her scales are rounded diamond shapes, and are multifaceted, each one a different shade of cream, white, off-white, ivory, and irridescent colors, and her spikes, horns, teeth and claws are smooth and pointed and razor sharp, ivory colored; her mane is made up of smooth long shafted ivory and cream colored quills, like a porcupine. Her body is relatively lean and narrow compared to most western dragon types, and she almost has a touch of the oriental about her face and eyes. Her tail is about twice her length and ends in a tail spade armed with nasty poisonous and hooked barbs. Her legs are long and her wings are very large, as little magic goes into flight. The wings have five digits, and there is a long wrist spike. The wing membranes are a pale, nearly translucent white. Her chest is broad and deep, and her neck long and graceful. Her head is long jawed and narrow as well, and she is very beautiful. Her eyes are large predatory orbs, ever watchful and keen. They are a clear, colorless color, with pupils that can change shape and orientation (vertical slits, horizontal slits, and round pupils).

Personality: Territorial and disposed to starting fights; it takes very little to provoke her, as it is for all the First Phased of her kind, in which case she does not cool down until her temper is spent, usually leaving massive damage in her wake. She can be friendly, too, but is very distrustful of strangers, especially those that cause trouble. She lacks fear, and that includes fear of death. She would fight until she is either A) Killed, or B) the Victor. She does not know the meaning of the word "retreat". She is also very prideful, and will viciously defend anything she considers hers, including friends that she considers "wyng-mates". She has a long memory and never forgets anything.

Abilities: As such a young dragon (yes, for her species 5000 years is young), her abilities are few and simple:

Breath: Her breath weapons are fire and a special nepalm like substance that burns longer than the flame. The fire is a blazing white, and the nepalm stuff a bluish white. The flames can be put out, but the nepalm cannot; it has to burn out slowly, or it just keeps spreading, no matter how much water you pour on it..

Poison: The barb on her tail is like a scorpians stinger, hollow and dangerous as a hypodermic needle. The poison causes quick paralysis, which can either be temporary or fatal, depending upon the dose. Her saliva also contains this venom, except a bite from her is extremely painful and prone to severe infection, usually resulting in death simply from bacterial growth and gangrene.

Flight: She is a fast and effiecient flier, can reach dives up to seventy miles an hour, and can carry objects weighing equal to herself. She is also expert at aerial combat.

Senses: Sight is keen to the point of seeing miles away in open country, and can see the entire spectrum, a rare gift in one so young. The eyes can also shift their focus points, to allow close up seeing as well. Hearing allows her to hear small movements miles away as well. She can scent about three times better than a blood hound. Taste has dimished somewhat since her transformation. Touch sensory is fine tuned to small vibrations, like a rodents heart beat, and the pulse of blood through it's veins.

Family: She is the last daughter of Lilioukalani of Light (those of you who remember, would know Lilioukalani the White or Blue, depending upon if you were reading The Tales of the Blood Arch on the old board.) Her father is Meldor BoneCrusher, and she has countless siblings, though she knows them not. She has no personal attachments but her long ago teachers and friends, a werewolf named Siltharyn Lithnotain, a mri named Liath, a white cheetah named Bast, a human named Bren, a baungallo named Blitz and many others. She is physically able to mate and produce fertile eggs, but she is not ready to look for a mate.

History: After her father was killed, her mother took her, still unhatched and developing in the egg, to the forest that she had long ago lived in for awhile. She hatched there, and lived a long 5000 years in human form, the first stage of Phase Dragon 'infancy', though by the time she Phased she still resembled a young woman of about twenty or so. The metamorphosis required her to absorb the human form and take on a dragon form, and after she did that, after many weeks of pain and howling attacks that left the forest dwellers quaking in fear, she left, and traveled long and hard, moving by night, searching for a new home. She eventually wandered into the the city Waterdeep and lives there now. She has been within the city and on its lands for a long enough time to consider it 'hers', as in her territory, and it is jealously defended by her. Anything that might prove to be a rival is confronted.

Anything Else: Yet to come. Oh, and she never stops learning.

Last edited by Neco the Nightwraith on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:25 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Holy...woah....that's a really big character. Anyway, people, comeon! Jadrian's thirteen! he's not arrogant, just makes mistakes I would make...at least some of the time.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:04 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Can I add something to mine? I forgot to mention it until I read Neco's character description.

Ersska is cold-blooded, in naga and in human form. Just like a snake, she heats up when the surroundings heat up. This makes her heat signature practically undetectable. While this is one major benefit, it is also a hinderence. If it gets too cold, she gets sluggish in either form. Her magic continues to function normally, but her physical reactions are dangerouly slowed. (this is why controling the weather comes in handy)
Ersska also uses heat sensory to detect things but has normal eyesight, too. She can also feel vibrations. All in all, she can basically do the same things that a snake can do.

I figured y'all might already know this, but I figured I would post it anyway for those who didn't. Sorry, I didn't think to post it sooner.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:20 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Nah, she's not very big, about the size of a large Shjire horse.

As opposed to her mother, or some other dragons I've played...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:21 pm 

I mean big, as in..like, cool.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:08 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Oh!

Thanks. 8)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:20 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Hey. . .uh. . .John? Did you ever create a character bio? You really need to so we can know more about Jadrian. How are we suppose to know how to treat him if we don't know about him?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:25 pm 

OK. that was wrong. sorry.

Name: Jadrian Lighthand

Species: Human

Evil/Good (or other orientation; mostly optional): Good

Mature Adult at Age: 20

Appearance: tanned, wearing long robes, and his hands have a light glow most of the time, a bastard sword hangs off his belt, and a silver helm balances on his head. It looks like it has a royal coat of arms on it.

Personality: Light-hearted and laughing 90% of the time, serious the other 5%.

Abilities: Healing, Resurrection, Dash, and can pick locks fairly well.

Family: who knows? YOU DON'T

History: who knows? YOU DON'T (if he wants you to know, he'll tell you.

Anything Else:Do not, not! mention families...he'll attack you...

Gods I love that title.

Last edited by John on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:44 pm 
Solitary Serpent

John wrote:
Personality: Light-hearted and laughing 90% of the time, serious the other 5%.

That's only 95%. What about the other 5%?
I'm sorry. I'm not trying to give you a hard time with this. It was just something I noticed.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:38 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Is there still room to join?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:14 pm 

thats the joke. Its actually the fact that 5% he's nothing...don't ask...

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:28 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Yes there's still room, please dont ask, until I have a post saying no more room you can join.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:25 am 
Master Old Dragon

Kojack, I want to suggest far, FAR more detail in your character profile. It is very hard to imagine playing with a char that has no detail.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:01 pm 
Legendary Warrior

You want more detail. You got it. Click on the picture for a look at Andromeda. Check the role play post for my explanation

Last edited by Kojack on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:28 pm 
Master Old Dragon

But what good does a picture do, with nothing for scale? At least be decent and explain his size, what his proportions are, how big he is.

It doesn't do any of the rest of us any good when playing with him, and frankly that little detail doesn't fly with me, and won't ever in other places, if you just happen to jump up to that scale of things.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:39 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Amongst all the characters that I use he is the newest so I don't have much detail on him, so be patient. I will update my character on his profile until he is perfect. As far as size (height, weight, length, etc...) goes he is exactly 8'11" (on all fours), 14'11" (in length), 4,500lbs (2.5 tons), and on his hind legs he would be... I have caculated that yet.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:48 pm 
Master Old Dragon

A) No, I will not loosen up. I follow the rules of good rp posting. You should try it.

B) Post the details of what you want to have happen, and don't be lazy. I don't know what's running through your head until you write it. Consider it being polite.

C) You are John. Jadrian is your character. Two seperate beings, IC and OOC. Think like that, and we won't have another conversation like this.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:09 pm 

*coughs suspiciously* I don't know about you other guys, but you are seriously being a pain in my butt...I offer an apology, and you throw it in my face...and actually, I AM jadrian. my name is Jadrian. you're too new to know that, so don't presume things you don't know.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:53 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Let me lay this out straight.

@Ersska:

Quote:
Neco, it's no fun if your character is totally invincible. And just because they do things a certain way in one forum, doesn't mean that we're gonna do it the same way. Everybody's different. Please lighten up. This is suppose to be fun.

For one: My character is not 'totally invincible'. My character is, however, naturally very strong, about the size of a large Shire horse, and keyed for combat, with a reason for the way she is. If you had read her profile and the IC posts about her thoroughly, you would know that. I play her exactly that way. I do not GM, as some have been known to do.

Regarding the ways of other forums, I make the comment that there are rules for reasons. There you do not have conversations like this, because people spend time with their writing so that others are sure to understand it, instead of slapping out crap and expecting everyone to play off it like pros.

I agree indeed that rp should be fun, but if one has to constantly read posts that are nearly indecipherable due to lack of punctuation, good grammar, sentence and dialogue structure, with everyone stumbling around like drunken sailors, then it's not fun. I'm sorry, but I won't lighten up about it, and I believe this has already been mentioned to Ex. If people put good effort into their posts, good things happen, and an rp isn't shit-canned as the result.

@John:

Quote:
I don't know about you other guys, but you are seriously being a pain in my butt...I offer an apology, and you throw it in my face...and actually, I AM jadrian. my name is Jadrian. you're too new to know that, so don't presume things you don't know.

If you were apologizing, it wasn't incredibly obvious...indeed, it sounded as if you were being smart-ass, and wasn't at all well done. An apology would have been like "I'm sorry, let me edit that, I didn't realize you felt that way" (though you DO know that controlling others characters a.k.a. "God Modding" or "God Play" is bad ettiquette and breaks the no GMing rule, yes?)

Let me tell you that this entire conversation is a pain in my butt, and using my time, but it is the only way to get the point across to you.

I make an effort to make a post worthwhile. I arrange it neatly, I separate everything into manageable paragraphs for the sake of other people reading it, I clearly define any dialogue in the post to make sure everyone understands who my character is responding to (which is why I both indent and bold the lines of dialogue), I add detail and depth to flesh the post out and actually make it a worthy read that everyone can respond to somehow.

What I'm getting back for my effort to make the rp fun and understandable are posts that look as if their authors put the bare minimum and not even some of that into content, depth and detail. Generally what I'm seeing here is lack of effort/laziness, interspersed with completely random things that could be made less random if someone just made the effort the write out a really good post!

As for your RL name corresponding with your characters, I could care less. Ilelan is not interacting with the RL you, she is interacting with the RP Jadrian, who we all should be mature enough to know isn't the real you. He might have some characteristics or traits of yours, as some peoples characters have, but here I think some people aught to learn to separate their RL sides from their OL sides, and learn that role playing is just a game, supposed to be played by those interested in it enough to become skilled and thorough.

And don't tell me about how experienced I am. I may be just returned to this site, but that doesn't mean I'm wet behind the ears either. Show some respect in the future, and you might just reciece some as well.

Enough argument. If this hasn't penetrated anything, then no other help in the world could save this from being a fiasco.

Having said that, I can move on.

@Heavyman:

Interesting turn you've taken with the drow showing up on scene. I have a few questions that I think should be taken into thoughtful consideration.

How big is Waterdeep anyway? Is it like San Francisco, or New York or what? What can we be expecting in this city, population/species/etc wise? If you can describe some major features (even if it's just a statue or something), then that would be a big help, and would help to center the rp better.

What 'holes' are the drow coming from? Are they coming up through the sewers, through some secret passageway within the city, or are they coming up outside the city and breaking in? Some detail would be nice so that we're not completely clueless all the time, and so that we can be sure there's actually a plot happening.

Otherwise you have a very good idea going on here. All it takes is effort to keep everyone informed and up on what's going on.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:17 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Waterdeep isn't nearly as big as NYC, more like 1/4 of NYC. It's a port city, races include, humans, a few halfings, gnomes, elves, and a half elf here and there. There is a small slum, the rest is richer. the streets are quite large, probably a juvenile dragon could stand on a street, feet on either curb. Most of the city is housing, there is a guard house here and there. There isn't a castle though, the outer walls are wood.

And as for the drow, something called Undermountain, built by the mad wizard Halaster is underneath Waterdeep, there he test adventueers therein with the deadliest of creatures and the dealiest of traps. But there is something even below Undermountain, the Underdark, no light get through there. The drow came from the underdark, up through undermountain, and out of the cave in the heart of the city to undermountain. Also they come from caves from outside the city.

Drow society is matriarchal, Matron Mothers are the leaders, high priestesses are second in command priestesses are 3rd in command.
Males are considered worthless in drow society, except for a partner for a matron mother, or to just fill the ranks of the army. The highest rank a drow male can get is arch wizard or weapons master. Drow do not have actual last names, there last names are of their houses, for example Drizzt Do'Urden, he is part of the house Do'Urden.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:55 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Very cool. You know, I've always wanted to try a drider character, but haven't gotten around to it.

Can draw a pretty bad-ass looking one in pencil though.

Offline Profile