Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:06 am

Post subject: OOC: Faerun - The Sword Coast CH. 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:26 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

This is based off the D&D world, Faerun Pronounced Fae-Rune

http://brynne.warp1.net/vof/maps/NorthWest.jpg Map of the Sword Coast

The Sword Coast, home to many creatures. Region of many glorious cities, such as Neverwinter, and Waterdeep. The Sea of Swords, is the hunting grounds, of the pirates of Sword Coast, a band of many races. The pirates only have a few ships, but they are formidable to many navies of the coast. In the High Forest lives the Wood Elves, great archers, skilled in the druidic arts. This rp first takes place in Waterdeep, a large Port city along the coast of The Sea of Swords.

Races:

Dragons: There are many types of the dragons in the Forgotten Realms of Faerun, I'll name as many as I can think of.

Metallics: The good and Just of the dragons.

Gold: Often appoints themselves as crusaders of good, banishing evil throughout the lands. They can breathe under water, speak with animals freely, Detect lie.
Their Breath weapons include, a 90 feet long cone of fire, and a 50 feet long cone of Paralyzation gas, that wears off eventually, good for an escape. immune to fire.

Silver: Prefering human form over their own, they spend much of their time among humans, and often form strong relationships with them. Will help any good aligned creature in need, and will reveal dragon form to live a dragon's life for awhile. Can enchant cloud lair(Making clouds solid to land on), create fog, Able to control winds. Breath weapons include 90 feet cone of cold, 50 feet cone of sleeping gas. Immune to cold.

Bronze: Love simple challenges and riddles, and will often play pranks on humans and other humanoid creatures. They often take it offensive if a traveler passing through their territory without saying hello and giving information about the outside world. Can breathe under water, speak to animals freely, and create food and water. Breathes 100 foot stroke of lightning, and 50 feet cloud of repulsion gas, to repel enemies from the dragon.

Copper: Proud and Greedy, hate to lose -- no matter what contest they're playing. But love to tell jokes and riddles. Breath weapons are 70 foot spurt of acid, and a cloud of slowing gas. They can spider climb up stone surfaces only, Neutralize Poison, and turn into a stone figure.

Chromatics: The evil and unjust of all dragons, greedy most of all.

Red: Selfish, greedy, and a hunger for human. Able to manipulate fire, Pyrokenesis, and Detect gems. breath weapon is Cone of fire 50 feet long

Blue: More tollerable to humans than reds, and a bit more intelligent. but just as selfish and greedy for gold and treasure for their hoards. Breathes a stroke of lightning 100 feet long. Can create or destroy water, immitate sound, or voice, ventriloquism.

(Not all dragon abillities listed, too lazy)

Half Dragon: Is Half Dragon, and half of a humanoid creature, normally either Human, Elf, or Half Elf. From birth they look very draconic, most having Muzzle, claws, tails, wings, double jointed legs, and many other dragon like features. They also have the abillities of their dragon parent, like breath weapons. Though creating Half Dragons are not unheard of, they still aren't very welcome in society,
There are two types of Half Dragons, Exile and Ward will explain them later, they are often 6' to 6'5'' tall, scales are weaker than their draconic parents since being mixed with another race's blood, only 78% as strong as their parents, but still only sharp enough weapons can pierce, they are still able to get broken bones.

Exile: Shunned and Banished from the community they were born in, they go out adventuring as self reliant wanderers, Often bitter from the prejudices they encounter, and often dont stay in a city or village too long. They are almost always looking for a palce to call their own. they are quite most often poor, and steal to stay alive.

Ward: Wealthy Half dragons, often being sent money by it's dragon parent, or employed to do odd jobs, diplomatic missions, or assassinations. They live within cities, but encounter much prejudice, but probably not as much as an Exile.

Elf: Elves are shorter than humans around 4'7'' to 5'5'' tall, point ears, adept at wizardry, and archery. They live in cities, villages, and the high forest.

Wood Elf: Master Druids, and rangers of the wild, skilled with bows, and the druidic arts of nature. They live in the tree tops of the High Forest.

Human: Around 5'5'' to 5'9'' tall they are the main race in Faerun, the most common, but not the strongest, but the most numerous.

Drow: Just as tall as elves, also known as the Dark Elves. They're evil, love to kill for the sheer pleasure of it, Adept at being Weapon Masters, and High Presitesses of Lolth the Spider Queen god.

Lizardfolk: A Lizardlike Humanoid race, covered in slimy lizardlike scales, a muzzle, tails, double jointed legs, claws, and reptillian eyes. They're a barbaric people, but some have been assimlilated into civilized life.

Dwarf: Short, but stout, great miners, Adept at Wizardry, and Axes, some become paladins.

Halfling: Same thing as hobbits, like to eat, like to get money and spend, they do not hoard the money at all. Ussually around 3' to 4' tall.

Brownie: Small humanoids, believed to be Half Halfling and Half faerie, around 1' to 1'5'' tall, adept in sorcery, but that's about it, they cannot wield and bigger than a very small dagger.

Gnome: Size of a Halfling, but great engineers, ussually uses a hammer in battle, great at building siege weaponry.

Half Elf: Half Human, Half Elf they have fair skin, but are darker than an elves pale skin. they have facial hair unlike an elf, and are adept Sorcerers and fighters.

Classes:

Spellsword: Excellent and either swordsmanship or magic, and good in the other.

Fighter: Excellent warrior.

Paladin: Holy Warrior of the god Paladine, the Adamantine Dragon god.

Sorcerer: Born with magical powers, and cna call upon them in a whim.

Wizard: studies magic for years and years, unlike a sorcerer needs to prepare spells before casting.

Ranger: Skilled with a bow, good at a range, and fairly good with a melee weapon.

Cleric: Healer, support caster for adventuring parties.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race:
Physical Appearance:
Attire:
Armor:
Class:
Weapon(s):
History(Optional):
Personality:

Name: Areon Lorath

Race: Silver Half Dragon

Physical Appearance: 6'3'' tall, 220 lbs, strong, but still athletic. Muzzle, Silver scales, no hair, wings, tail, double jointed legs, claws that are about inch and a half long, his feet look more like that of a dragon's. Has yellow dragon eyes, some teeth stick out of his mouth, no noticeable ears but they're there

Attire: Tan leather short sleeved tunic, tan leather shorts, wears cloth around his feet as shoes.

Armor: His scales.

Class: Spellsword, Half Dragon Exile

Weapon(s): 38'' magical longsword the blade isn't metal it's a magical yellow glowing blade, it's named 'Wyrm's Bane' the hilt is Mithril, The blade cannot be dispelled. It's able to pierce dragonflesh. Skilled in magic.

Abillities:

Summon: Summons his Pseudo Dragon fammiliar, Trarc. A Pseudo Dragons is a miniature red dragon, though good in alignment and about as big as a hatchling.

He knows many spells that include Fire, Ice, and Lightning.

Fire:

Fireball: He can form a fireball in a free hand and throw it, good for burning a single target or a wooden structure.

Burning Hands: He holds up both hands, and commands his raw magic powers to have fire erupt from his hands in a cone.

Ice:

Ice Shards: Using a free hand razor sharp shards of ice spew magically from his hand and into the unfortunate foes.

Lightning:

Chain Lightning: From a finger a lightning bolt surges from and like a chain it goes through many foes, hitting up to ten.

Call Lightning: From a finger he call forth a lightning bolt, one that can turn a man to smoldering flesh.

Healing:

Heal Major Wounds: He holds his open palms over a wound, and heals it.

Innate Draconic Abillities:

Breath of Frost: He breathes a cone of frost that freezes anything instantly.

Immunity to cold: He is immune to all cold, and cold spells.

Resistance to magic: He is somewhat resistant to magic due to his scales, offers himself extra protection against mages.

Can create fog, and enchant a cloud for once a day.

History(Optional): Hatched from an egg, in a cave near the village of Hilltop near Neverwinter, as he grew older, he ventured farther and farther away from his cave home, until he came too close to hilltop, the villagers of hilltop quickly found out about this half dragon, and soon went to the dragon's cave, Areon's home. He was shunned and banished from his home he grew up in, that or be killed by the town's guard. Before he left, his draconic mother gave him the sword 'Wyrms Bane' and some gold. He wishes to return to his mountain home sometime, whilst looking for a palce to call his own also.

Personality: Kind, sometimes short tempered, most of the time it takes awhile to get him angry. At times bitter to humans. Very adventurous.

Last edited by Heavyman on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:16 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

HA! chalgrish I SERIOUSLY dought youll be able to find something wrong with this one!!!It looks well explained, ill have to read more into it... although the races arent that well figured out...DID YOU MAKE THAT MAP???????? CAUSE THAT IS REALLY GOOD!

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:20 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

No I didn't It's part of the full map, that's only a section of Faerun. And by the way I didnt list all the dragons.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:47 pm 
Tightwad

Mia, there's a whole lexicon of words that describe people like you, but the post to include them all would take up more space than all other posts put together.

On happier notes, I'm in awe. Or a close semblance thereof. You included most of the things that a good RP needs. the only thing you didn't put in was other people, which is out of your control. I'll seriously think about joining...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:28 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

Lexicon? YOU KNOW BIG WORD CONFUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!...and i wanna join...if we can add another race...

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:39 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Eh what race? I'm really not restricting anything really.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:10 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

If anyone has any sugggestions on races post 'em.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:38 am 
Youthful Werewolf

Um werecreatures

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:51 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

You can.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:32 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

YAY!

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:40 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I suppose Im in...If i can be, that is...you know, this is what used to get me in trouble at DG...I would do this sort of thing...

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:59 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

I have a bit of experiance of sword coast so i wil join:
:)

Is this profile ok?

Name: Desi

Species: Half Elf

Evil/Good (or other orientation; mostly optional): Independent (will help anyone or fend for himself depending on his mood)

Mature Adult at Age: 300

Appearance: Tall 6`3â€￾, fair skin almost white, thin and deceptively weak looking, actually quite strong, eyes glow ever so slightly icy blue when he is angry but normally green, fair hair loose runs almost to the bottom of his back, wears a green sleeveless shirt and leather trousers, has boots with metal studs embedded in the soles, has a chainmail shirt under his shirt, often wears an anklet inscriped with runes of protection that change often.

Personality: Quiet, hard to become friends with, distant and a dreamer, quick temper but only stays angry for a while and then will forget about it, if roused will fight ferociously to protect himself or something he loves. Although if he wanted to he could probably control almost anyone or thing with his magics he prefers to keep quiet and be led by others only resorting to magic if he must.

Abilities:
Fire blast: a blast of fire erupts from his fingers for about 10 seconds

Thunder crash: by calling on his inner power he can cause three bolts of lighting to crash down on the target, more often than not incinerating it.

Heal: Desi can heal minor wounds

Summon spirit: If he calls on the ancients he can cause two spirit warriors to appear and fight by his side.

Rip asunder: He can throw his enemies aside with but a few words
Energy sphere: a 16â€￾ diameter sphere hurtles toward the target and then explodes on impact doing huge amounts of damage.

General telekinesis: He can move things with his mind

Weapons: A short bow engraved with runes that glow when an arrow is fitted and when it is fired it sets the arrows on fire. It is called Syaran (see-ah-ran). A short sword called Thrax with no special properties.

Family: His father was a Elven warrior of the highest standard and his mother was a human assistant to one of the most powerful elves in the kingdom. Desi had 2 brothers and a sister called Deran, Jarek and Feyan.

History: Because of his noble descent Desi had access to the best magic training and his powers were discovered when he was only 70 and he accidentally burned down part of the education quarters in the temple. When he was 150 he was outlawed from his community for getting into a fight and ‘using magic unnecessarily’ when he almost killed a friend because he was still learning to control his magic. Now he fights to regain his good reputation with the elf lords and failing that hopes to become a full member of some form of mage guild to make full use of his power. During a magical accident his growth was magically accelerated.

Anything Else: Desi will actively resist anyone who trys to control him by force and despises authority but can’t handle decisions under pressure. This can sometimes lead to him fighting within a group and has often split up otherwise strong groups.
8)

Any good?

CYA

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:31 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

It's alright.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:44 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

Ok here be mine

Name: Mia Sorrentino
Race: Werewolf
Physical Appearance: Mia has the eyes ears and tail of a wolf the ears being on top of her head(in other words look at the avatar Until i get a better one thats the best appearance i have of her) She had the luck of the draw In femanin sexuality, with rose red lips and a perfest body raven black hair and beautiful hazel eyes shes the perfect picture of sexuality.
Attire: Mia wears a Purple ninja outfit with purple cloth gauntlets that give her a quick dexterity and although she trains with weighted equipments she travels and goes on missions with a black cape and purple cloth boots with black soles. She also wears a silver bracelet with blue sapphire that hides her werewolf ears and tail so she is accepted by socitie. The other humans think she is just a regular human that wears strange clothes.

Armor: She wear mostly cloth and leather armor seeing as she is rarely hit with her quick feet and sleight of hand. (eing a werewolf even a half werewolf where her mother or father was a werewolf while his or her spose was a human)

Class: Spellsword
Weapon(s): Katana (known as Turluin or sword of holy ice) Although she is a magic user she generaly uses the mana of summon spirits. And she is also more of a ninja then anything else with her quick moves
Abilities

Summon - Can summon spirits she has made pacts with.
Starting summon spirits
Sylph-spirit of wind
undine-Spirit of water
efreet-spirit of fire

History(Optional): Mia grew up in a ninja village which as they were outsiders as was she they excepted her with open arms. The king of a certain country became suspious of this village and destroyed it. She was the only surviver. Sinse then she has ahd a deap rooted hate of all humans.
Personality: Mia can sometimes say harsh things but she is a good soul that is impossible to hate. She is a firecracker with short fuse.

What do ya think? cya then!

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:20 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

A fellow fan of the forgotten realms I see.....
And a very well thought out rp.....

Hmmmm....

A man after my own heart....

Consider me in as well, I'll try to get a character sheet up sometime today.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:43 am 
Solitary Serpent

Got any room for a naga? I don't see them listed.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:16 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

From this point, I'm not going to restrict races. So, yeah you can be a naga. But no celestials or gods or godesses.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:56 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Name: Goes by many names but you may call him Mordin

Race: Half-Dragon (Bronze, Elf)

Physical Appearance: Draconic, covered in bronze scales with a scar streaching along the side of his face from the temple to the bottom of the snout. His eyes are an emerald hue, after his mother, who fled from her homeland during 'The War', and was slain by bandits along with the rest of the caravan. His hair is white, dispite his youthful age. <I think that is it>

Attire: He wears a worn black cloak with a hood, along with a belt with a sword sheathed and buckled on. He also carries a pouch with a few potions and some money.

Armor: none <besides dragon scales & cloak>

Class: Swordsman

Weapon(s): Heat resistent Bastard Sword

History(Optional): <hinted at in 'apperence'>

Personality: Quiet & Preserved <speaks only when nessisary>

A lot of my characters have similarities in case some of you are wondering.....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:09 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
this sounds cool....hows this?

Name: Mary Ann(dont worry she's a bit different for this)
Race:
Physical Appearance: about 5'2", long legs, very flexible, silver hair(mid-back), pale'ish skin
Attire: loose blouse type shirt with sleeves that can tie up if choosen, light skirt(a little below the knee)/able to fight in it but still a bit restricting, sometimes capri type pants, knee high boots, loose belt around hips.
Armor:not really any depends on skill and magic
Class:spellsword(strongpoint with weapons, but still really good at magic)(this is where im a bit iffy..........she was born with great magic powers but irs really good with weapons, would she be a sorceress or spellsword?
Weapon(s):12" knife(in boot), 2 swirds(1 long and other short, kept at sides), poisonous darts(on belt)
History(Optional): she lived with her family in a small hut until she was about 12. thats when her parents and rest of her family(a brother and 2 sisters)where killed by a rare and quick disease. after that she lived on her own and taught herself how to fight in order to protect herself after a run in with a band of rough men who attack her when she was resting.
Personality: not very sociall at first, but once she gets to kno people she opens up and is really fun to be with, likes to tease people and every once in a while enjoys confusing people with a language that she made up on her own.

i have a question can we have familiars?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:12 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Oh, crap I forgot all about fammiliars, and yes you can, you also forgot to put your race down.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:19 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Name: Mary Ann(dont worry she's a bit different for this)
Race:Half elf
Physical Appearance: about 5'2", long legs, very flexible, silver hair(mid-back), pale'ish skin
Attire: loose blouse type shirt with sleeves that can tie up if choosen, light skirt(a little below the knee)/able to fight in it but still a bit restricting, sometimes capri type pants, knee high boots, loose belt around hips.
Armor:not really any depends on skill and magic
Class:spellsword(strongpoint with weapons, but still really good at magic)(this is where im a bit iffy..........she was born with great magic powers but irs really good with weapons, would she be a sorceress or spellsword?
Weapon(s):12" knife(in boot), 2 swirds(1 long and other short, kept at sides), poisonous darts(on belt)
History(Optional): she lived with her family in a small hut until she was about 12. thats when her parents and rest of her family(a brother and 2 sisters)where killed by a rare and quick disease. after that she lived on her own and taught herself how to fight in order to protect herself after a run in with a band of rough men who attack her when she was resting.
Personality: not very sociall at first, but once she gets to kno people she opens up and is really fun to be with, likes to tease people and every once in a while enjoys confusing people with a language that she made up on her own.

Familar:firelizard(my own little friend, kinda like a small dragon(size from hand to elbow) named Faring) been with MAry Ann since she was 14, found him in the woods when he was a hatchling, had fallen and broken his wing. she splintted it and helped it heal, Faring wouldnt leave when wing was healed so she let him stay.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:27 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I'm starting the rp now, feel free to join in when you get a chance make a character sheet, I'll ok it and post in the rp.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:53 am 
Solitary Serpent

Name: Ersska

Race: naga

Physical Appearance: brown, shoulder-length hair, blue-green eyes, pale skin, 5'7" (in human form) (about 12' in naga form) When in naga form, has a jade snake tail from the waist down (looks human from waist up) has blackish-brown bat-like wings, has strange tattoo on right upper arm that only she knows the meaning of

Attire: green tank top that shows stomach, with loose arm warmers that go from her hands to just above her elbows, (when in human form) baggy black pants and heavy black boots

Armor: none

Class: spellsword (about equal in both)

Weapon(s): 2 elbow blades (kinda like daggers, but has sideways handle)
can control the weather
has limited control of fire (can only control small fires like campfires)
can heal herself (and others but not as well)
is poisonous (only if she bites you)
hypnosis
limited telepathy (can only read small streams of thought)

History (Optional): Born into a normal family, Ersska always felt she didn't belong. She found out her true form when she was young. She kept it a secret. Until one day, a boy from her village spotted her in the woods. The villagers rallied together and forced her out of the village. After that, Ersska kept her talents and her form hidden from society. Those who are unfortunate enough to see her true form fall victim to her, unless they prove to be friendly. She travels alone, has been to many places, and has been many things from slave to assassin. She has never met another of her kind, but is always on the look-out to help a fellow outsider.

Personality: stubborn and set in her ways, has a short temper, can be kind and caring but rarely shows that side of her, may be bossy at times, may seem rude and inconsiderate and nosy at first but will warm up to you after a while

Last edited by Ersska on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:59 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I believe I'll use Amannia for this one, only slightly older.

Name: Amannia
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Ranger

Physical Description:
Eyes: Forest Green
Skin: Dark Tan
Hair: Raven Black
Build: Athletic
Hieght: 5'
Wieght: Wouldn't you like to know.

Weapons:
Composite Longbow enchanted with increased range, shocking burst and returning.
Scimitar enchanted with Bane Orc and a Kukri with Bane Giant-Kin.

Armor:
Studded Leather which allows her to blend into shadows.
Boots that increase her speed slightly.
A cloak that allows her the same abilities as a bat, flight, hanging upside down, that kinda stuff.

Magic:
None

Animal Companion: Panther

History: When she was little her real parents were killed my a group of orc bandits, she was spared a death when a young human ranger saved her life at the last second. From that moment on she followed him and learned from him the ways of being a ranger. Years later Dunhil, the ranger that saved her, has retired from adventuring and is now living out the rest of his days in a small alcove several days travel from Silverymoon in the The Moon Wood.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:21 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

your two Descriptions are fine

Offline Profile