Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:11 am

Post subject: OOC: The Battle of Castria: The 30 year siege.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:18 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

The city of Castria, oldest of all cities, prosperous port town, largest city down the coast line, a city called home by all the goodly races. Home to hundreds of thousands of people who believe that their city is the safest place in all the world, that it could never be attacked by land or see. That same arrogance will be their down fall.

For the past 30 years a siege on the city has been waged. Two beings are behind this four and a half decade war. The first being Kathrie Garrett a lich of unspeakable horrendous power, with massive legions of undead at her command. The next is Rehk Stonehand an orc warlord, the first in known history to successfully unite all the orc tribes living both on the surface, and below. When the two now allied a truly monstrous war began.

Their first target was Castria. The two figured that if the port of Castria could be taken then the world would fall before them. They just didn't account on one thing, the city's Archwizard Darthedis Garrett sensing the great magical essence of his long dead sister returning to the mortal plane. With the knowledge that his sister had returned he left the city with a small group of it's elite soldiers to check her tomb. To his utter dismay it was indeed empty.

Soon after his return rumors of sightings of the legions of undead and orcs and begun to arrive at the city followed soon after by the survivors of fallen towns nearby. The city sent out 300 of it's guard to try and properly gauge the size of the force arrayed against them, only 5 returned. The city put up a call to arms for every able bodied man to help with the defense of the city. They estimated that they would have a minimum of 4 weeks to prepare the cities defenses.

Every minute of those four weeks were used to prepare everything they could. New bastila and catapaults were built, the crews were trained to move as quickly and efficantly as possible. Soldiers were recruited and trained, wizards were trained on how to use swords, but only in a last ditch effort. The navy trained and retrained all their ships to be able to provide sea based artillery fire and if worse came to worse, fire on the very city they defended until not a building was left standing.

In one months time the city of Castria changed from a peaceful and prosperous port city into one huge military machine.

Nearly three decades later, the unrelenting undead and orc hordes still attempt to take the city. After 30 years of war the unrelenting hordes now control five city districts, another six lay in ruin. Thousands of bodies litter the streets, orcs, undead, humans, elves and dwarves, only to be resurrected later by the lich queen Kathrie whe she finally enters the city.

A call has gone out to the soldiers. Warriors brave enough to go deep through enemy lines and destroy Rehk and Kathrie.

-- -----------------------

This is the result of alot of free time. Not something we zombies should get.

Anywho, if your reading this and haven't fallen asleep yet then congratulations to you, have a cookie.

Welcome to the Disc/Rec thread for The Battle of Castria. Here you will find the discussion for this rp in the making, as well as the information need to make a character if you desire to join.

As it says above, your group of misfits have accepted what could be their last mission, but the city's only hope. The deaths of Kathrie and Rehk. I have 1 restriction:
1. No god-modding. You god mod your gone end of discussion.

Playable Races:

Humans: Ah those lovable humans are back and up to their old tricks again. This is the bulk of Castria's forces. The most versatile of all the races, they have the ablitiy to excel at whatever they set their minds to.

Half-Elves: Not really accepted among humans or elves, the tend to lead a more loner lifestyle, but really like to help when they can. Like their human ancestors they tend to excel at about anything, but because of their elven blood they also have a draw to the magics.

Elves: Pointy ears, angular features, the "I'm better than you" attitude, yup their back deal with it. The majority of Castrias mages are from this handsome race. The elves tend to lean more towards the magical aspect of life.

Dwarves: The short, stocky, drunk half the time, love to fight, you just hate to love 'em but do anyways. The dwarve mages of Castria are far and few between, mostly becuase the majority of this race prefer the feeling of an orcs head cruching under their boot.

Changelings: Shadow and mystery surronds this race. Not much is known about them except that they've always seemed to be in the city, noone know were they came from they just seemed to show up. A special abiltiy of this race is their ability to change their physical appreance though minorly, their cloths and equipment don't change, and they can only assume the shape of other humanoids. Their natural form leaves them with a grey tinge to their skin, white hair and ice blue eyes. Not exactly trusted by many people for their ability to become something their not.

Classes:

Fighter: Pretty self explanitory, no. Masters of close quarters comabt and the ability to turn anything into an improvised weapon. Can take a pretty decent amount of damage before becoming incapacitated.

Mage: Again, self explanitory. Weaknesses with this class is that they can't take much damage nor can they were armor besides that of cloth, only material giving them enough freedom of movement to cast their spells. But with help from some of their spells. Do not underesitmate though, the power that a mage wields can be truly devestating. Can have a familiar.

Priest: *See first two*. The healers of the Castria forces, their powers are of the divine persuasion instead of the arcane. Through prayer the priest is able to heal the group they are assigned to. But just because they heal doesn't mean they can't take life away either, beware the divine wrath of the gods.

Rouge: The best kind of spies and surprise attackers. Sure they don't have the ability to deal or take as much damage like their fighter counterparts, but they have a nasty tendancy of getting places they don't belong.

Ranger: Preferring the bow to the sword, or the sword to the bow in some cases, this class has made itself known for being very effective 'snipers' persay. Don't automatically assume they are alone though, or else you might get a nasty little surprise from their animal companion.

Any questions please post them here. I'll try to take care of as many as I can and hopefully get a a sample character sheet up later.

Switch Out!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Character
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:22 pm 
King of Dragons

Talus here reporting for duty! Lesee, something different...hmmm, **to himself** Talus, Brearios, Sasha, Asher, Siekent, Shivan, they're guys and Seraphine is a girl so, I guess I'll run a girl! By the way, I like this storyline, it actually gives me a chance to integrate a character with a plot.

Name:Charisma Martel
Class:Priestess
Race:Human

Phyical Description:
hair: lustrous black
eyes: blue
skin: light tan
build:light

Weapons:
A telescopic staff.

Armor:
Light robes

Magic:
Light-Magic:Angel's Voice
song of Vigor- Lifts fatigue and restores morale
song of Healing- uh...self-explanatory!
song of Exorcism- again-self-expalanatory!
song of the Goddess- creates a protective circle.
These are just a few, and she learns more as she gains knowledge.

History:
Charisma was born with a gift. The gift of song.Her magic comes from this gift. The light magic that she wields springs from her soul. She was raised in a modest section of Castria and soon joined the choir in the church. Afteronw capitvating concert, the priests at the Church took her in and taught her to use light magic through voice, of course, she excelled. When the alarm bells rang for reinforcements, Charisma packed up her things and left for the front lines. Her voice refreshed tyhe soldiers and killed many undead upon hearing. She's earned fame for her help, and respect. She is beloved among most of the soldiers, for she has saved their lives more than once.

If you would like a new avatar or sig pic, pm me and ask. ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:19 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

Mia here i was wondering if i could be a changeling ranger....and do i have to only be able to become other humanoids cause im like really intune with animal...?

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:25 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I want in! this sounds like a sound thread, well padded with back story and all.

I chose a human Mage.

Name: Xander
Class:Mage

Phyical Description:
hair: Moon Silver
eyes: grey
skin: pale (on a dark night looks undead)
build:light

Weapons:
a short sword, which he can enchant.

Armor:
Light robes

Magic:
Xander's main magick is that of summoning. infact he doesn't summon creatures to do his bidding, but with the aid of his familiar he can summon mythical creatures to his side. His familiar is a hovering, glowing orb which talks to him through telepathy. it changes colour when danger is nearby (kinda like sting in LOTR). When Xander casts a summoning spell what he infact does is transform his Familiar (named Orb) into a mythical creature.

Summons:
Emporer Tiger ( a fire beast)
Holy Unicorn (holy)
Onyx Giant (Earth)
Leviathan (water)
Sprite (air)

History:
Xander was trained in a far off school but felt he needed adventure. little did he know that adventure would come knocking at his door. when he just 18 his parents were killed. grieved by this he plunged himself into his studies and concentrated on the archaic arts of the summoner. as his power increased his hair became white and when he finally mastered the basic spells his familiar presented itself to him. his life long companion, Orb, and he ventured south to the city of Castria to aid the war effort.

is this ok? it can be changed!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:55 pm 

Hm.............Im gonna pick a Human Warrior...

Name: Jadrian
Race: Human

Dark haired, Green eyes, Wears a long cloak, and underneath, a tunic and britches. He talks often, though if you can understand him, your either a NOrthlander, or are familiar with their accent.

Weapons; A claymore, a buckler, a dirk, and a Sgian Dru....(not sure if i spelled that right, so....)

Armor; the buckler, and a small metal cap, very ordinary, but there's something odd about it...

Gods I love that title.

Last edited by John on Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:44 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Talus and Fyre are approved, John make him 18 and elaborate on his physical description and your approved.

Mia, changelings can only become other humaniods because they share the same body structure, to change into an animal you would be considered a druid or werecreature, both of which are not here. Sorry if I killed your idea. Please don't hate me.

I guess I should get my character up now.

Name: Amannia
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Ranger

Physical Description:
Eyes: Forest Green
Skin: Dark Tan
Hair: Raven Black
Build: Athletic
Hieght: 5'
Wieght: Wouldn't you like to know.

Weapons:
Composite Longbow enchanted with increased range, shocking burst and returning.
Scimitar enchanted with Bane Undead and a Kukri with Bane Orc

Armor:
Studded Leather which allows her to blend into shadows.
Boots that increase her speed slightly.

Magic:
None

Animal Companion: Panther

History: When she was little her real parents were killed my a group of orc bandits, she was spared a death when a young human ranger saved her life at the last second. From that moment on she followed him and learned from him the ways of being a ranger. Years later Dunhil, the ranger that saved her, has retired from adventuring and is now living out the rest of his days in a small alcove several days travel from Castria. Amannia on the other hand is just starting her adventuring life, her first stop was Castria. She had been coming to and from Castria for nearly five years, the guard and new her well as did some of the people in her home district. On her most recent trip back she caught wind of the news of the army making it's way to the city, this time she decided to stay and help with it's defense.

I'm hoping to get this up and running within a week or so. I would like to get some more people in on this before I start it though. If any questions arise then post them here and I'll be sure to take care of them to the best of my ability.

Swith Out!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:54 am 
Youthful Werewolf

Deleted,sorry...

CLICKME!

Last edited by Mia on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:57 am 
Youthful Werewolf

Deleted.

CLICKME!

Last edited by Mia on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:59 am 
Youthful Werewolf

Ok then how about a human rouge?

Name: Asuna(Pronuncation Os-una)
Class: Rouge

Physical Description:
Eyes: Redish- blue
Skin: light tan
Hair: Light blue
Build: Athletic
Hieght: 5'3
Wieght: Wouldn't you like to know.

Weapons:
Wooden katana, Harikos(Pronunciation- Har-I-Cos)Gets it later
Armor:
None,Wears a Pair of short(Really short) Cut off dark Britches, Bandage on the upper thigh, Tank topWith sort of spagetti strings, Wears 2 leather belts ,one to hold sword, other to hold up pants (Oviously)
Magic:
Can a rogue use magic?

Animal Companion:Cat demon, 2 forms cat form and tiger form.

History & description: She has a furousious temper and can be annoyed easily. Shes been known to be one of the most deadly assasins when payed the right price.

SHe was born in a makeshift home, her mother died in her labor, and her father was killed by bandits and and grewup alone and doesnt no what its like to have friends.

So how does that sound.....Is it ok?

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:50 pm 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
I love the plot but i dont know if iu will let me join, i wish to be a Mesmer

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:37 pm 
King of Dragons

**jumps up and down** WOO!! I'm approved!!! I be's sooo happy!!!!!!!!**victory dance**

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:37 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Takin a class from Guild Wars are we obsesie?

I have a few new class ideas for later in the story, Mesmer being one of them. And thats the only hint you'll get for now.

But you are welcome to join if you would like, just try to stick to the classes I have set out.

Switch Out!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:34 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
okay ill say this im new so u guys have 2 help me along. tell me if this is ok:

name(not very fancy):Mary Ann
Race:Half elf
class:Mage

Physical Description:
hair:silver
eyes:ice blue
skin:pale
build:reedy

Weapons:quarter staff

Armor:magic enhanced cloak

Magic:Can control all elements(i.e wind, fire, water, earth,void)

Animal companion:Fire lizard

History:She was raised by rangers after she was found alone in the wilderness. no one knows who her real parents are or what happened to them. when she was young it was discovered that she could move rocks or makes shapes out of fire. when she was 10 she visited a near by mage who kindled her thirst for magic and taught her how to coax elements into doing her bidding. as she approached 16 she was able to move earth and water and create fire out of nothing. she could make the wind change directions and calm or fiercen. when she heard of what was happening at Castria she left her home to go and help how she could.

is this what you wanted? do u like?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:11 pm 

it a seems there are many mages with a familiar or 'animal companion', way to overkill...

hmm...am reconsidering my character.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:23 pm 
Legendary Warrior

I like this... I would love to join this RP. The charecter that I will use is Angelfire. ****One of these I will make another charecter.****

My characters description

Name: Angelfire

Race:Shadow (A race known for there supreme speed and stealth.)

Eye Color:Blood Red

Hair Color:Night Black

Height:6ft

Weight:170

Attire:Stealth Uniform Class A65 (A stright black ninja uniform with light
armor)

Skin Color:Unknown (He is always covered up in his A65 Uniform and mask)

Build:Athlitic

Personality:Quite. Never jumps to a conclusion. Easy to get along with.
Has a strong since of honor and loyalty.

Weaponry:One Galiath Dark Sword on his back (A 280 pound sword used for taking down large opponets.)
Two twin blade Dark Katanas, one on each side (20 pound swords with super sharp blades. One cut, one kill.)
Two twin blade Dark Takahashi Dagers, one on each shine garud (5 pound dagers with sharp blades.)

Ocupation:Wonderer

History:Angelfire is a child of the the race of beings know for their speed and stealth. His childhood was unlike any other. At the age of 4, he started his traning but not of his own will. Not much is known from that point of his history to now except that his people have been 5 wars with another planet. Each war, his people where defending themselves from invastion, and each time they came out victorious.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:46 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Characters accepted up to now.

Talus, Mia, Fyre, what2say.

Whut2say, perhaps not all the elements, perhaps master in one and still trying to master the others. Other than that your good to go.

Kojak from what I understand your character isn't even from the same planet. Rethink your character, use our character sheets as examples for yours.

Classes no longer available: Mage. 2 is enough

Player list so far:
Me, Half-Elf Ranger.
Talus, Human Mage.
Mia, Human Rogue.
Fyre, Human Priest.
Whut2say, Half-Elf Mage.

Pending Characters:
Dragonobsesie, Kojak and John.

Really need some more close combat classes here people, magic will not win by itself. I would really like to get at least 2 or 3 more players in on this before I start it so just a bit longer guys. >_<

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:31 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

YAY!!!!(>^.^)>o]=======>
Im so happy!!!!By the way do you no what a harikos is?

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:47 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Fraid I don't.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:53 pm 

Fyre wrote:
I want in! this sounds like a sound thread, well padded with back story and all.

I chose a human Mage.

Name: Xander
Class:Mage

check carefully Switchblade, I picked Mage before what2say, but if a human priest can have the abilities that my character has then I'll switch it over.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:38 am 
King of Dragons

Switchblade? I wanted to correct something. I'm sorry for the miunderstanding, but my character isn't a mage, she's a priest...or...er...priestess. Also Hirarikos(not Harikos), is a giant boomerang.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:45 am 
Youthful Werewolf

Sorry i spelled it wrong but i was in a hurry and also misspalled rogue

CLICKME!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am 
King of Dragons

Yeah, "rouge" haha.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:54 pm 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
Can i be priest then???

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:12 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Sorry bout that guys, i was a little duh-duh-duh then. I'll fix it.

Talus, Priestess
Fyre, Mage
Me, Ranger
Mia, Rogue
Wut2say, Mage

And yes obsesie you can be a priest.

Any more questions, or typos that should be pointed out?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:45 pm 
Youthful Werewolf

So your ok with e useing that as a weapon?

CLICKME!

Offline Profile