Sound Like a Good Idea?
Yes 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
no 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Making a power system that works
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:53 pm 
Master of the Elements

No Offense to Serenity or anything...Because I like her Template and everything, but just, I think that we should make rankings or something for these threads.

I know that Serenity has those Levels, like Mediocre, Proficent, and the such, and that's good for describing the power level's of attacks, techniques, and abilities...But for some reason, I see problems with it...I mean, it is seriously lowering the power of those that have been a member of the High Council Longer....Which in turn, should be stronger than the people who are knewly joining. (Newbies).

I know that Serenity was trying to give everyone a fair chance...But with her template though, it seems more like a Level Set-up..That after fighting so much, or showing so much talent, your able to get stronger...And that can deprive those that may not be all that good with detail and such...but has been here for longer...

Instead, I'm thinking about perhaps some type of Teir Set-up...I mean, there isn't enough people to make this all that difficult...To make one "Sticky" Topic, showing the people's Teir Ranking. And It wouldn't just be based off of the amount of time spent on EzHC (Ezboard High Council) as well as here...Nor just Post Count/Length/Detail.

I'm looking at it this way....If a Topic that was started, or was starting on EzHC, was holding these character's that were like Uber Strong (Such as TDC...Or Kamatay's Legacy....Or anything like that..) And the topic was re-made here....Those Uber-Strong Characters wouldn't be as strong anymore? They would be just as strong as anyone who was just joining....Which could possibly screw up the entire Story. ((Like Kinro's SL's and TDC...Some of AoD's SL's...And some other of Exanderous's SL's...and others (I was mostly in those, so I can only speak for those))

Is any of this making any sense to you? If so, what do you think?

~Once again, this is not a flame on Serenity's Template~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:10 pm 
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

I'm too new to know.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:50 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

chill Zoan, Serenity aint been around for months.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:35 pm 
Master of the Elements

well, none the less, I still don't want her (when she comes back) to think that I'm trying to over-run her or anything. And besides, I know how it feels to dis-appear for a few months...heh...

I don't know, but people, we do need to get more people into this community, seriously...I mean, it's great when you know everyone and their characters, but...That would get boring after awhile...

But that's getting of topic...

I need to know what people think..and depending on how people vote, or reply, I might be motivated to start on one of these there new templates and ranking system.

Offline Profile