Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:13 am

Post subject: OOC: Daemon Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:32 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Ok, guys, I haven't done anything up here since my return, and I was almost literally hit with this one while in my "Colonial Experience" class. Here's the basis:

It's the year 1654, and the British have recently obtained Jamaica and other colonies in the Caribbean. It's the Golden Age of Piracy and the island of Jamaica is a center for pirates, brothels, taverns and trouble in general. Over the short amount of time that the British have owned this island, a particular group has become a real thorn in their side and a dangerous force to be reckoned with. Although thus far they've only heard each other's names, nothing more, they are about to meet, and the British are about to find that they've bitten off more than they can chew.

Among this group are Keiko Gildaren, "Death's Mistress" as she's known by those unfortunate enough to have crossed her, Captain of the Daemon Star, a formidable, man 'o war-style ship. And there's her partner in crime (literally), Harlie, Captain of The Stardust Morning. Unfortunately, business has been slow as of late, but a break-through may be at hand for the two and they've found themselves in Port Royal searching for new crew members to take on (much to Keiko's dismay).

Name: Keiko Gildaren
Height: 5'1"
Weight: ???
Build: slim, petite, has some athletic build to her.
Hair: White (though she appears fairly young- in her twenties), and roughly shoulder-length and thick.
Eyes: Electric blue
Clothing: White, musketeer-ish shirt, four black belts and tan trousers under thigh-high black boots under a long colonial-style crimson and buff coat. Also wears a black wide-brimmed hat with a red band and feather.

Pref. Weapon: An ornate rapier with a demon's claw and angel feather pattern on the hilt. She usues it on conjuction with her pistol (with which she seems to be a little trigger-happy ^^;)

Personality: NOT a woman to be crossed. Keiko is as short-tempered as they come, and frankly doesn't care. She has the tendency to shoot at any of her crew members (or people in general) who may question her or piss her off too much. The only person who has no fear of that is her first-mate, Miles, with whom she displays one of her trademark qualities, that being if she DOES allow herself to get close to someone, she tends to be harder on them, pick on them a bit, etc. She is ruthless, but deep down does have a just streak in her. It just needs to be brought through her shrewd, slightly money-loving side, lol.

Name: Harlie
Age: unknown, though it's guessed that she can't be any more than 25.
Height: 5'10"
Weight: ???
Build: Tall, thin, and lanky
Hair: Red, LONG and braided (wears little trinkets in her braid, like beads and one or two silver charms).
Eyes: Purple, oddly enough.
Clothing: Loose-fitting Jack-Sparrow-ish shirt, loose, comfy worker's pants, boots, one or two belts, and a purple bandanna on her head.

Pref. Weapon: Cutlass with odd engravings in the blade. It's thought that they give the sword questionable attributes, but no one knows for sure.

Personality: Of the two, Harlie is the pirate who's in the business more for the adventure and challenge thans he is the money. Known for being the more merciful of the two, until one actually manages to piss her off (which is rare), in which case she is a force to be reckoned with. True, she hasn't had much of the formal training in fencing as Keiko has, but she learned enough from her previous Captain before getting her own ship. She has a cheerful, friendly demeanor and sees her crew as her family, of whom the closest is HER right-hand man, Stud (so-called for his MANY piercings).

Ok, so ya'll are welcome to submit your characters for approval!

They're quite aware of what they're going through"
--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:32 pm 
King of Dragons

Can there be mystical creatures here...or is this strictly human only?

If you would like a new avatar or sig pic, pm me and ask. ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:48 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I'd like it to be human-only. This is based on Earth, and they may run into sopme odd creatures on their adventure, but to start off, I'd like humans.

This is more of an adventure story than a fantasy one.

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:29 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Name: Marcus
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 11stn
Build: toned.
Hair: short and blonde
Eyes: brown
Clothing: A leather tunic and briefs. he wears a white cotton shirt beneath and buckled shoes.

Pref. Weapon: A scimitar, he weilds like Sinbad.

Personality: Bit of a ladies man and a charmer to boot. he has gotten out of many scrapes by his tactics with charming people into letting him go. he is a minor thief and also a seeker of adventure. his French rough headedness comes into play when things don't go his way, which isn't very often.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:43 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

William Treyson

Hieght: 5'7"

Looks:
Eyes: almond-shaped, brown
Skin: slightly tanned
Hair: black, low pony tail

Build: thin, but muscular

Clothing: black jeans, white dress shirt, dark red overcoat, with matching wide-rimmed hat.

Weapon: Japanese Katana, and a daggar when necessary

Bio: Orphaned at a young age, raised by relatives, who sold him into slavery to repay their debts. Escaped to the sea at the age of 16, ready to explore the world. He's shy around the girls and somewhat unsure of himself, although he's always ready to defend those younger and less able to take care of themselves than him. He is also good at picking locks and noticing most things that should be unnoticable.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:59 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

both approved! I think I can see quite well how they'll fit in here^^

Now we just need one or two others... *cough* Ex! *Cough*

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:13 am 
Legend of Old

<marquee>Strider</marquee>

Height: 6'1
Weight: 160 lb
Build: He looks a tad flimsy, but underneath his thin exterior lays the determination and hyperactivity to compensate for his lack of muscular build up.
Hair: Dirt Brown
Eyes: Vibrant Blue
Clothing: Baggy brown pants that of which the ends are tucked into his black pirate boots. For a shirt he wears a white canvas shirt underneath a red faded vest. It seemed like he was held together by a discolored sash that wrapped around his waist at least three times. And last but not least, his leather bracers that wraps around his wrists and forearm tightly.

Pref. Weapon: "old Trusty." A mysterious rapier that has saved Strider more times then he can count. The hilt is all tainted and tarnished, but the blade is in magnificent and resilient condition. When ever a strange and seemingly inescapable fate corners Strider, the blade always manages to pull through and show him an obscure and complicating simplicity of ways to get out. At His other side is a long sword he stole from a British officer. He calls it affectionately, "Mr. Hack'nSlash!"

Personality: To say the least the man is crazy. He means well, but his perverse comments and perverted thoughts often get him into trouble. He always says EXACTLY... reiteration... EXACTLY what is on his mind to anyone or anything. He is very random, loves a good story, adventure seeking, and off his rocker entirely. No one has been able to identify why he has lived as long as he has with all the close calls he has been in and the ruts he has been smothered into. Neat less to say you can think of a scenario good or bad and he can say, "I’ve done that!" His love of the sea, (And love of other things pirates get their hands on *cough* Beer *Cough) makes him an outstanding pirate, and believe it or not, the man has loyalty.

Last edited by Exanderous on Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:19 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

lol, most DEFINITELY approved! *hugs*

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:52 pm 
King of Dragons

Sasha D' Farot

Hieght: 6'2"

Looks:
Eyes: Forest Green
Skin: shiny tan
Hair: Fire truck red!! ( loose ponytail)

Build: Athletic

Clothing:Blue tabard with shoulder armor, a long midnight black cape, a circlet, and some blue stockings with boots.

Weapon: a brilliantly blue-hued rapier that catches the eye

Bio: Sasha is the archetypical paladin. He is fully dedicated to his ideal of good and evil. Although most believe him to be mean, he is fair and just. He is the son of a wealthy Marquis...pampered for most of his life, Sasha yearned for another life...so he practiced fencing untilhe was sure he was the best. Then, he ran away from home. Although extremely gullible, Sasha is not stupid...yet he routinely blows his cool with clumsiness. Sasha is caring, easy to talk to, and a loyal friend.

Last edited by Taluscion on Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:48 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

approved, and that leaves room for ONE more person (I stress ONE, I don't want this becoming too crowded...).

And I know who she is, she said she would post, so as soon as she does, we'll start^^

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:43 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

HOLA everyone!!!!The hellmaster is here!!!! LOL!!! But anyway I will use my character nick who is the closest I have to a human character. He is a vampire yes but he has blood wine so it is not obvious to people that he is a vampire. He wears contacts just so you know to cover his eyes and makeup to cover his skin color.

Name: Nickademus Dastievsky ( Nick for short)
Race:Vampire
Height: 6'5"
Eye Color: red ( contacts are black)
Preferred Weapon: crossbow, a two ended sythe or his natural vampire abilities
Attitude: very cold alot of the time and Quiet. When he does talk he is very outspoken. He will not hesitat to kill someone if they get in the way of what he wants but he is still very kind towards friends. He is very mistrusting of people he doesn't know and can be very stubborn at times when he knows he is right. He is kind of stoic at times but will interact when talked to.
Hair Color:black and very long ( puts in ponytail)
clothing: His is very basic. He wears black shirts that button down the front and black dress slacks. He also wears a pair of sunglasses( that looks like Neo's from the Matrix)Nice black shoes.
Bio: he is the son of a vampire lord and He lost his mom at age 5 and that is when his dad started abusing him He hates his father and he served in the vampire military for 3 years under his fathers rule. At 15 he ran away and wanders the universes. He is loyal to his friends and will kill if they are hurt. He also has alot of common sense and can be very brutally honest at times.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:16 pm 

Dragyness wrote:
I'd like it to be human-only. This is based on Earth, and they may run into sopme odd creatures on their adventure, but to start off, I'd like humans.

This is more of an adventure story than a fantasy one.

this makes me think a vampire wouldn't work. why not make up a new character who is human. my character is completely new.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:24 pm 
Tightwad

Plus they didn't have sunglasses in the 17th century

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:12 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

What Fyre and Chalgrish are saying is true, not only for this story, but also for the board in general, you have to either create characters to fit the threads or adapt older characters. Trust me, it'll make things alot easier.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:59 am 
King of Dragons

Oh, yeah, I changed his name to sasha cause it sounds more french.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:02 am 
Tightwad

sachas is probably more accurate in spelling. Silly French, using too many extra letters in their words.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:26 pm 
King of Dragons

Yeah....but I like the name Sasha. Oh also, lietenent and Colonel are weird too.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:49 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

alright, guys, I think we all get the point. hellmaster, I'm so sorry. I forgot that I had made that stipulation for this thread about human characters. If you could please come up with a new one perhaps that would be great. Or perhaps tweak Nick as I did Keiko, for example (I have it that no one is quite sure if she's fully human, but they kinda assume it, cause she doesn't look any different).

Again, I'm so sorry, I forgot that I had answered that to Taluscion, and it wouldn't be fair t tell him no, but let you use a mythical creature character. Thanks so much for understanding! ^^

--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:54 pm 
King of Dragons

Are you using Keiko in ANgel Feathers? There aren't any restricions in my RPG...well...some.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:04 pm 
Tightwad

like no inane posts. *slowly turns to look at certain people who know who they are*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:07 pm 
King of Dragons

Yeah...that too.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:19 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Sorry about that I am still using Nick and sorry about that I misread it LOL!!!! * Scratches head*
ame: Nickademus Dastievsky ( Nick for short)
Height: 6'5"
Eye Color: Bright almost sky blue with a hint of green
Preferred Weapon: 2 daggers and crossbow
Attitude: very cold alot of the time and Quiet. When he does talk he is very outspoken. He will not hesitat to kill someone if they get in the way of what he wants but he is still very kind towards friends. He is very mistrusting of people he doesn't know and can be very stubborn at times when he knows he is right. He is kind of stoic at times but will interact when talked to.
Hair Color:black and very long ( puts in ponytail)
clothing: Basically all black jack sparrow wear.
Bio: He is the son of a high lord.He lost his mom at age 5 and that is when his dad started abusing him. He hates his father and he served in the military for 3 years under his fathers rule. At 15 he ran away and wanders the universes. He is loyal to his friends and will kill if they are hurt. He also has alot of common sense and can be very brutally honest at times.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:05 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

hey dragy, is it to late to join in on this little bit 'o fun you got goin here, or is it to late?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:51 am 

Tal, just a heads up, Marcus had left the Inn so Sasha wouldn't have seen him. also in his character bio he aint a pirate just a bit of a rogue.

sorry, it's just for continuities sake

Draggy, can I have some leeway with who I encounter at the dock? I am thinking of having Marcus on board when you all set sail and he kind of gets stowed away unwitingly.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:00 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

You could have him go onto Nicks ship

Offline Profile