Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

Post subject: OOC: For the Princess (Swords and Sorcery Coliseum RP)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:07 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
The Empire of Kunan's royal ambassador and princess has been kidnapped during a diplomacy meeting in the southern peninsular country of Tebasse. Naturally, the country has been isolated and embargoed by the emperor, but at a terrible price. A coup was staged, again in Tebasse, by the same party who stormed the diplomacy meeting and took the princess, a band of thieves under the command of a well-known and feared assassin named Nadath.

Weeks passed, and both countries strained under the pressure. Emperor Messaite had to maintain the embargo, or risk showing weakness to other, more powerful enemy countries, and Tebasse, even with its new leader was still being choked of resources. Riots broke out in Tebasse, and Nadath ordered the invokers brought to him. Mages were brought forward, who begged to be spared, saying it was a simple understanding. Nadath inquired, and they told him they could make bread from the air, and several people in the market square had seen them do so before and threatened them to make more when the fighting broke out. Nadath, cackled like a madman, issued orders to have all mages brought to the palace to make bread for cheap sale to the public. And so some of the stress was alleviated from the Nadath's Tebasse, and more weeks passed. The smart merchants laid off some of their hired guard when the embargo was first announced, but by now, all the merchants had at least dropped a few mercenaries off their diminishing wallets, and now vagrants roamed the streets. Nadath, once again, took advantage of the situation. He announced that the kingdom was once again hiring guard, but without discrimination now, criminal past, injury, sickness, as long as you could stand and wield a sword, it mattered not. His military might grew, and so did his confidence. Unfortunately a large standing guard required gold, and since he didn't much like dipping into the royal treasury, he decided to make a few squads of the more despicable types dress as bandits and raid the homes of the wealthier merchants. There were doubtlessly a few casualties, but Nadath only saw that as natural. The princess has not been heard of since the kidnapping, and from what has happened so far, Nadath no doubt has plans for her as well.

Emperor Messaite is restless. Nadath's old troupe has been launching attacks at the castle from their hidden base from within the forested border between Tebasse and Kunan. He knows that with the navy out in full force on the embargo he cannot afford guard to actually go to shore in Tebasse for a rescue and still be able to maintain his palace's defenses. At the same time, his eldest daughter, Serciela, has not been heard of since the coup, and he fears the worst.

"Father?" Messaite glanced up, seeing his youngest hovering at the partially open door to his chambers.
"Yes, dearest?" The croak in his voice surprised him, as did the sun peeking up from the hillside at the window.
"With sister gone and most of the guard at sea... and attacks at all hours of the night stealing away all your sleep..."
"Spit it out, Cadette, I am much to tired to play games." He could see a slight pout in her face, but it quickly passed.
"I was wondering if I could host today's ceremonies if you are feeling under the weather."
"Ceremonies?" What day was it? Messaite blinked.
"At the Harvest Tournament..."
"The Tournament? The Tournament! You thrice blessed daughter, beauty, courage, and genius!" He rushed passed his daughter, stopped, turned around and kissed her forehead, and nearly tripped down the stairs in his rush to the foyer.
"He never answered my question..." She stamped her foot in anger, but sighed. "I guess that was a no."

That morning the king announced that the Harvest Tournament would be held despite the difficulties of the last few months, and that the winners would get the opportunity, with the entire resources of the Empire behind them, to infiltrate Tebasse and save Serciela. To accept and complete this task awarded to the winner is to receive 200,000 platte (platinum) coins (worth 3x more than gold in this world's economy) as well as the gratitude of Emperor and Empire (and not to mention the princesses).

Limitations:

1. No godmodding! I can't stress this enough. Performing any action or reaction with another person's character is considered thus, as well as any other action deemed such by the creator (me) of this roleplay.
2. This is by invitation only, in other words, I have to approve of your character, which as long as it meets these requirements I probably will.
3. Don't be invincible. You can dodge and you can parry, but you can't do it with everything thrown at you, or even the majority of what's thrown at you.
4. Don't be tireless. Magic as well as strength must have appropriate limits (as deemed by me again). Try to be elaborate on your limits when you post your own character.
5. Your character must be at least ninety percent (90%) human with human vulnerabilities/resistances.
6. Each post must be at least seven (7) sentences long.

(I borrowed some [possibly most] of these rules from Cierda's RP, but I find them a good guideline for any RP.)

An example (my character):

Name: Aross Kerinsen
Description: Aross is a thin fellow, with wispy black hair and emerald eyes. His guard's uniform doesn't fit like it should, even though it is the smallest size. The uniform is black and silver, the colors of Kunan, with an emblazoned bear on the chest. When he's off duty, he only wears the mail portion with a shield strapped to his back, and sword to his belt, and none of plate except for a bracer on his sword arm.
History: Aross started his career as a thief, but was not very good at subtlety and was caught and imprisoned. He would have rotted there, but the Princess Serciela convinced her father, in light of the famine of the time, to have all of the prisoners under 14 pardoned, as long as someone's death was not involved in their crime. Aross was too young at the time to realize that the princess's actions were more a reaction to the large number of children being imprisoned for stealing food than real selflessness, and decided he would defend such a selfless and kind princess with his life, and someday be her champion. Just last year, Aross finished his training to become part of the Kunan Empire's royal guard. Unfortunately, he was not assigned on the princess's convoy to Tebasse like he'd hoped but got stuck with night duty at the palace. In the first attack by Nadath's forest base, he was wounded and hopes to recover by the time of the tournament.
Magics/skills: Sword proficiency, shield proficiency, and a minor in filthy tricks.

*** SIDE NOTE ***

Only two will be fighting at a time, so if you're not fighting, you can post what you see, hear, think of the combatants or whatever.

Also, I have a bit going on right now, so not sure when I'm going to post the actual RP, so just check back when possible.

Last edited by Jishdefish on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OOC: For the Princess
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
I can't tell from what you have posted here, Will thier be magic? and if so what genre and/or limitations do you see?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OOC: For the Princess
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Yes, sorry I wasn't clear, magic is fine just as long as it isn't excessively powerful.

Swords and Sorcery won the vote. :wink:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OOC: For the Princess (Swords and Sorcery Coliseum RP)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:29 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Thinking about joining but I just promised myself to heavymans and I wanna get setteld there before taking on another, i'm running 1 and that makes 2 others i'm in.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:37 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
I'll join just i am going to be really busy this week starting monday ending saturday

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:43 am 
Solitary Serpent

I'm joining, of course. I always enjoy your rps! Unfortunately, I just got home from work and I'm half-asleep, so I will have to make a character profile later. Hopefully, it'll be no later than monday.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:34 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I'll join, just thinking on all my char's and trying to see which would fit your RP nicely.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:44 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Glad to hear there is interest. :mrgreen:

I thought I might have lost my touch. :wizard:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:30 am 
G.E.E.K.

I'll join. Don't know how often I'll be able to post, though.
Could you give me a week or two to come up with a character? I have an idea for him, but I still have a few details i want to work out before I post his bio.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sure, take as much time as you need.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:13 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Sorry, Jish. My internet has been screwy lately, but I'm back. And I'm working on my character bio right now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:06 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Quick question: I was wanting to maybe use Erin, but as you know, she's my werewolf character. Would that be allowed? I was thinking about making it where something happened (a curse or by choice) that didn't allow her to transform anymore, but she managed to maintain her unusual strength. Would that be alright? Or should I come up with something else? I haven't decided for sure that I'm going to use her. I'm still looking through my other characters as well. I just thought I would run this idea by you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:48 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Really simple question may i give my character wings? I am willing to put some limitations on him if need be such as no magic whil flying or some such thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:15 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

I don't know Erin's history that well, could it possibly be before she was bitten?

And Alondor, I won't allow usable wings, I don't think you could maintain a big enough wingspan with the at least 90% human limitation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
probably right so i just have to make it before the spell was removed.

Name: Alondor Fridwein
Description: Alondor has blonde hair that falls to halfway down his back and is tied in a pony and hazel eyes. He works as a mage, mostly employed by farmers to pull and push clouds as they need them, though along with ind he is profficient in fire magic. Hos robe is white and has red shoulder pads that protrude past the shoulders. There are also red interconnected diamonds going up the front. He has black slacks and a red polo on underneith the robe. His left hand is a gauntlet with a sheild that looks like a sixteen pointy petaled sheild on it. His right hand is bare but he has his sword ready for action whenever it is needed
History: With his parents being killed by nadath when he was very young, Alondor was brought up by his grandfather, a powerful mage of wind and fire. Two years ago his grandfather died and so alondor took his position. Hearing that the tournament was going to give him a chance to get revenge alondor readied for battle
Magics/skills: Sword proficiency, shield proficiency, gauntlet proficiency, fire and wind magics

Any problems?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:02 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Name: Sot Ria
Description: Wears a sleeveless black trench coat, black leather boots, black slacks, and a white belt. His hands and fore-arms are covered in blood red runes allowing him to grow claws at will. Along his back he carries a scimitar and at his waist rests a whip. He has a scar across his chest and another across his left eye. His right eye is forest green, his left is white and pupil-less (blind). He keeps his hair shaved to the scalp, though rumors say he has dark brown hair.
History: A wanderer who heard of the tournament at a tavern. He joined to test his skills and could care less for the prize or the princess.
Skills: Two-weapon fighting, whip proficiency, short sword proficiency.
Magic: None aside from the runes tatooed on his arms.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:14 pm 

Name: Rudia (Ro die uh)
Sex: Male
Height: 5’2”
Description: Gondi like in his age and bony figure wearing tan robes that flow loosely around his body. His silver white hair and beard are unkempt and stick out in all directions.
History: A practitioner of the study of a relatively new religion known as Zen (well new to this region) he is one with space and time as well as the elements immediately about him. He is attempting to raise money or at the very least attention for expanding his shrine. Carries a 6’ long slender unadorned pole he uses like a walking staff but is actually a defensive weapon.
Skills/Magic. In harmony with the elements as well as local time and space, Physically at the most extreme of frail his is however fast and agile. Uses time tricks as illusions and time sense to help him be more evasive. Only able to influence existing elements in a 5 foot radius around him. Uses his pole defensively only, uses Ki and palm strike for offensive attacks.

I tried to avoid the god modding by compensating with his frailty let me know if i need to tweek it more.

Offline Profile