Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:40 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:05 pm 
Tightwad

the dynamic change is an inate ability and just a natural thing, when you think about the others, they aren't that powerful. an agile opponent could easily dodge both the fireballs and meteor.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:58 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

You just have to take it as a druidic spell. you know, taking on the form of a certain animal for his attributes. so... it could go like this.
Spell Name:Dynamic Change
Element:???
Power Level: High
Physical Description: Changes into a Half-Human, Half-Dragon being. Taking on the attributes of a dragon and most of his human spells
Limitation:Form Not easily Attained. Form becomes slowly weaker over time.

that's just an idea. like a layout for the spell.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Delmerious
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:56 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

so your wish is now granted draches

General Attributes

Name: Delmerious
Race: elf
Class: Shadowmancer(master shadow mage)
Element: dark
Alignment: absolute neutral
Magic Ability: proficient

Physical Attributes

Height: 5'6
Weight: 123
Build: skinny, not pysicaly built
Hair Color/Length/Style: long(to the waist) black and straight hair
Eye color: green
Complexion: pale
Other:

Armor
(he's and allout mage cmon armor?)
Head: none
Chest: long black robes with red silk rims
Arms: none
Hands: wow......his skin!!!!!
Waist: none
Legs: none
Feet: none
Other:

Weaponry

MAIN:
Name: Darkest Will
Type: staff
Design: darksteel frame, relatively unbreakable, is intelegent
Magical Attributes: advanced ( can help Del control his emotion, thats right it talks! has many spells with Del's help,posted later)

Magic Spells (A Few Examples, for magic users only)

ATTACK:

Spell Name: shadowball
Element: dark/fire
Power Level: medium
Physical Description: a fireball with the power of shadows interchanged for the fire.
Limitation: the ball is intense yet, if dodge the blast will not be too damaging....short explanation(dodge the ball for god's sake!!)

Spell Name: shadowstream
Element: dark/fire
Power Level: high
Physical Description: a straight and horribly intense jet of flame is fired directly at the target.
Limitation: it is relatively easy to dodge unless ofcouse u are caught off guard

Spell Name: cone of cold
Element: ice
Power Level: moderate
Physical Description: a large field of ice is launched form the casters hand(aproximatly 60ftlong, 60ft wide)
Limitation: it wont destroy the target just get them colder than a witches boob in a brass bra in winter!

Spell Name: torment of mentality
Element:arcane
Physical Description: a cloud of darkness surrounds the target and everything they have ever feared and their most horrible memories will flash to their minds. depends on the targets mind to what extent of damage is done
Limitation:target may not have a bad history or fear, no real physical damage is done. unless they run into a wall or something, may have temporary morale or mental damage.

DEFENSE:

Spell Name: shadow sheild
Element: shadow
Physical Description: Del sticks his staff into the ground and a bubble of shadow is formed around him. Making him immune to and sort of damage delt magically or physically
Limitation: can only take so much before the sheild is dropped

Spell Name: teleport
Element: arcane
Physical Description: instantly disapears and reappears in a close location of casters choosing
Limitation: can only use 1 per 10 min

Spell Name: greater darkness
Physical Description: a massive amount of shadows and darkness is poured forth from the casters hand covering a 100ft by 100ft circle of shadows. Rendering the target blind. caster can see through...if your a shadowmancer ofcourse
Limitation: can be dispelled by a greater dispell, or inturn a greatly powerful source of light.

Innate Ability: shadowstride:in darkness,shadows, or nighttime he is able to drift around at high speeds easily. ex 1step=60ft (suggestion, dont fight him at nighttime)

History

Enter History here. jeez i think ive RPed enough with him for u all to know his depressing yet inspiring history. if u wana hear it again then tell me and ill post it you crybabies j/k

is this alright serenity, tell me if something needs to be done

Last edited by Delmerious on Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:27 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Sorry for the lateness of this Talis... Every time I try and come in here to reply and tell you this, someone comes up with something uber-important for me to do on a right now basis. Just to let you know I wasn't ignoring you...lol

Delmerious wrote:

I would change this element to "Dark" as it's a basic element, and shadow's opposite would have to be light anyways so it works. Also, if you are going to be an elf with a darkness element you might consider adding something in your history regarding dark elves and how this has affected your character. This would keep it consistent with the races, as Elves and Dark Elves (otherwise known as Drow in D&D) are known to not get along... lol If you'd like to know any history on these guys, just ask. (I have some nice books describing their placement in Celtic mytholiogy [Gaelic].)

Delmerious wrote:
Magic Ability: advanced

"Advanced" is not an option unless you are a judge or have been given the title from the head of events. (It's meant to be an award for good standing in the arena.) Please look at the table below:

<b>Levels available to new joiners:</b>
  • None
  • Minimal
  • Mediocre
  • Proficent
<b>Levels available to high-ranking battlers and judges:</b>
  • Advanced

If I were you I would go with Proficient. (Elves tend to have natural magic ability anyways, so this is acceptable.)

Delmerious wrote:
Power Level: relatively intense depending on if u dodge the ball ... Power Level: very intense ... Power Level: none ... Power Level: strong ... Power Level: none ... Power Level: immense

<b><font color=red>This next one goes for EVERYONE as I have seen a lot of confusion with this and it's going to be a main part of new template revisions.</font></b>

The list of levels stated above are applied here. You may use any level the same or lower than your magic ability. For example, if I was at a Mediocre magic ability level, I could put down "Minimal" or "Mediocre" down for my spell level, but I could not put down "Proficient" or "Advanced" because they are higher than my magic ability level. Seeing as they are all spells, "none" is not an appropriate answer, as all spells must use at the least a minimal ability to function.

Other than this I foresee no more issues here. I like the character, and the name. :-)

Oh... one more thing. If you are going to battle Draches in the arena you might consider asking him to change into his human morphed form, because I know from experience that dragon vs. humanoid is a naturally unbalanced fight. Though if you think you two can handle it... go right ahead.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: ah ha
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:53 pm 
thats makes this easier lol, thx for the correction serenity....and for the relatively quick response.
i thought u meant "for new joiners" as new to the board, not arena, srry for confusion.

Post subject: oops
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:56 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

srry bout that, the last post was me, forgot to log on hehe

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:57 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Nope, I stuck you all down as newbies, though I have to say it will be relatively easier for the older people to advance to this position as I can be more sure of the ability. :D I will prolly add more levels as we increase in people.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:59 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

HEY SERENITY! I NEED YOU NOW! FOR SOMETHING UBER-IMPORTANT! not really. lol. but uhh... Would i be considered a Mediocre magic user or a proficient magic user. and i guess that means i either make up a Human Form for Draches(which i beleive i've done before...) Or Make up a Character Template for Alaric the ever so pimpin' human shapeshifter of mine. which is cool. i should do that anywayz. But ya know me and Del can fight dragon to humanoid. we're cool like that.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:01 pm 
Master Old Dragon

DUDE! QUIT USING MY UBER-KEWL WORDS! lol j/k

Dragons are also a naturally "magical" creature, as corney as that sounds. Though if you aren't confident in your ability, put down a lower level and work your way up. You can always advance later!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: hey draches
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:03 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

hey draches...*waits for everything to grow quiet*
lets fight fool!!!.
(ill put an official challenge up)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Judge?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:40 pm 
The Forestmaster

General Attributes

Name: Nightshade (A.K.A. The Forestmaster)
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Element: Dark/Earth
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Magic Ability: Proficient

Physical Attributes

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 115lbs
Build: Slender
Hair Color/Length/Style: bangs cover eyes, short hair in the back
Eye color: Gold: Sees objects constantly dying, never to be reborn again
Complexion: Pale
Other: Golden Skin

Armor

Head: none
Chest: Black dragon skin
Arms: Golden armbands
Hands: Tight black gloves
Waist: Sash
Legs: none
Feet: Thin leather shoes
Other: Wears a long black robe, has a silver dagger on wrist only to be used as a last resort

Weaponry

MAIN:
Name: Amethyst Dagger
Type: 10" dagger
Design: Elvish make, inlaid with red rubies
Magical Attributes: Activates immediately when user's breathing becomes rapid or sluggish

Name: Staff of the Gods
Type: 66" staff
Design: Minature statues of four main gods on either sides, dragon orb on the top with spike
Magical Attributes: Allows user to summon the power of Wind, Water, Fire, and Thunder

ALSO:

Magic Spells (A Few Examples, for magic users only)

ATTACK:

Spell Name: Energoim Singulation
Element: Dark
Power Level: Amount sacrificied
Physical Description: Energy from the user's mind is combined with willpower and confidence to succeed, forms an orb of dark light that shatters in mid air
Limitation: A nighttime attack

Spell Name: Geyser Escalation
Element: Water
Power Level: Amount sacrificed
Physical Description: Opens up multiple holes in the ground which shoot out geysers
Limitation: Cannot be used in areas without a water source within 10'

Spell Name: Final Destiny
Power Level: Amount sacrificed
Physical Description: The user's soul shatters, forming an orb of dark light that destroys anything within 2000'
Limitation: (no limitation)

DEFENSE:

Spell Name: Psycho Blast
Element: Dark/Wind
Power Level: Proficient
Physical Description: User is able to gain access to the opponent's mind
Limitation: Use wears off in five minutes

Spell Name: Technological Inhibition
Element: Earth
Physical Description: Any machines in the area will suddenly break down
Limitation: Cannot be used in a forest

Spell Name: Shield Barrier
Physical Description: Forms a shield around the user
Limitation: Confident people(s) are able to break through easily

History

I just put down advanced 'cause I wanted to become a judge. Is it okay to become a judge, Serenity?? Is it???

Last edited by Aspaheir on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:14 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<b><center>Aspaheir</center></b>
It doesn't matter if you want to, have applied to, or are eligible to become a judge. <font color=red>Your statistics must match your current ranking </font>(which is a beginner). You also need to change the power level of your spells so that they match up. If you don't understand how, read my previous post.

You will not be allowed to participate in the Arena until this is done.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: ....
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:18 pm 
Master of the Elements

Alright, I fixed the things up, except for the Murson-Karez Frenzy Ability b/c that's just a sword technique, it's not magic, so it shouldn't have an element, also, I changed the Element of my Elemental Blast from Earth to Wind, and I realize that means that I can't produce a Earth Element Attack.

General Attributes

Name: Zoan Necro
Race: Elmus / Similar to Elf
Class: Fighter/Mage
Element: Earth
Alignment: Nuetral/Good
Magic Ability: Mediocre

Physical Attributes

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 175 lb's
Build: High Muscular
Hair Color/Length/Style: Jet Black/Mid-Back/Ponytail
Eye color: White
Complexion: White
Other:

Armor

Head: None
Chest: White Sleave-Less Silk shirt *no buttons*
Arms: None
Hands: None
Legs: White Silk Pants, baggy
Feet: None
Other:

Weaponry

MAIN: 2 Ronin Blades
Name: None
Type: Sword
Design: A sword with blades on both ends
Magical Attributes:

Name: None
Type: Claws
Design: 3 Claws extended from top of hand
Magical Attributes:

ATTACK:

Ability Name: Murson-Karez Frenzy
Element: None
Power Level: Minimal
Physical Description: Ronin Blades are held, Zoan Dashes oppenent, and begins to Hack, Slash, and Cut the opponent repeatively from different locations with incredible speed.
Limitation: Lowers Zoan's Stamina

Ability Name: Fotou Slash
Element: Light
Power Level: Mediocre
Physical Description: The Anime, Inuyasha (or w/e it's called), Inuyasha's Wind-Scar, it looks something like that
Limitation: Cannot be done continuously

Ability Name: Elemental Blast
Element: Wind
Physical Description: The Chosen Element forms into a Ball or any other form Zoan desires, and is thrown at the opponent
Limitation: Control is Limited.

Ability Name: Energy Blast
Element: Light
Physical Description: A blast of Inner Energy is made from Zoan's Palm, and shot towards the opponent.
Limitation: The attack cannot be controlled after being shot.

Ability Name: Ele-Blade
Element: Ice
Power Level: Mediocre
Physical Description: The Chosen Blade or Claws become the chosen Element, And enemy attacked with the elemental Blade is struck with it's Status Effect (I.E.Ice-Slows Down oppenent, Lightning-No Friction)
Limitation: Amount of time is Limited. About 30 minutes, Can only use each element once per battle

((The following cannot yet be used))

Ability Name: Ring Of Death
Physical Description: A Huge Energy Ball (glowing dark red) hovers above zoan's open palms above his head, the ball is thrown towards the opponent.
Limitation: The Damage Dealt Is Equal to the amount of Energy put in.

AbilityName: Edge of Death Element: None
Physical Description: Zoan Charges up to opponent, and places all 10 of his fingertips on his opponent, the opponent immediately becomes paralyzed. His finger-tips Become a dark red in color, and beams shoot threw the opponent. Limitation: Same as Ring of Death

Ability Name: Edge of Energy
Physical Description: The tips of Zoan's Claws or one side of each Ronin Blade becomes a glowing White, and from the tip comes a Beam ranging from 15-500 ft in Diameter. Limitation: Usually drains all energy from Zoan, causing him to black out.

Ability Name:Ring of Energy Element: None
Physical Description: Open Palm Form of the Edge of Energy Ability Limitation: Same as Edge of Energy

ELEMENTS:
Fire/Pyro-Self explanitory
Water/Umi-Self explanitory
Frost/Ice-Self explanitory
Thunder/Lightning-Self explanitory
Earth/Gravity-Self explanitory
Fog/Smoke-Distorts Vision
Shadow/Darkness-Blinds by darkness
Light/Holy-Blinds by Light
Legendary/Ultimate-Unknown

History
*do I really have to do this! If so, then I will later.......(it's too! long!)*

Race Facts:

Can control/manipulate Elements
Completely white eyes (no pupil's or retia's)
Long Life Span
Zoan is the lone survivor

Last edited by Zoanrevived on Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:31 am 
British Redcoat

*jaw drops* that is the longest character biography i have ever seen! *gasps and collapses* :shock:

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:33 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b>Zoanrevived</b></center>
Zoanrevived wrote:
Race: Elmus

If you are choosing a race that is not standard, please lend some description. I would prefer it if you could compare the race to the closest standard race, so the judges may use this as a template. If your race has any outstanding qualities or abilities, you may have to get it approved by me first.

Zoanrevived wrote:
Class: Ressurrected God

"God" is not a class allowed in the Battle Arena. Please choose one of the basic character classes. If you are a magic user (without the aid of a specialized weapon) then Mage would be the appropriate class for you. You can also choose a Specialized Mage if you wish. If this is the case, ask me for a list.

Zoanrevived wrote:
Element: *see history*

If you are a Magic User, you must choose one of the basic Elements:
  • Water (Ice)
  • Earth
  • Wind
  • Fire
  • Light
  • Dark
All of your spells must be labled with these as well. You may only choose one base element. Any spell that is not of your base element will be considered weakened.

Zoanrevived wrote:
Magic Ability: *see History*

Please look at the table below:

<b>Levels available to new joiners:</b>
  • None
  • Minimal
  • Mediocre
  • Proficent
<b>Levels available to high-ranking battlers and judges:</b>
  • Advanced

You must choose a Magic Ability Level. I would suggest choosing Mediocre and working your way upwards.

Zoanrevived wrote:
Power Level: Basic, The death of a normal, average human, it would take 4 slashs.... Power Level: Intermediate, The death of a normal, average human, it would take 1 Attack.... etc

Let me repeat myself.

<b><font color=red>This next one goes for EVERYONE as I have seen a lot of confusion with this and it's going to be a main part of new template revisions.</font></b>

The list of levels stated above are applied here. You may use any level the same or lower than your magic ability. For example, if I was at a Mediocre magic ability level, I could put down "Minimal" or "Mediocre" down for my spell level, but I could not put down "Proficient" or "Advanced" because they are higher than my magic ability level. Seeing as they are all spells, "none" is not an appropriate answer, as all spells must use at the least a minimal ability to function.

Zoanrevived wrote:
Limitation: None

All Spells must have some type of limitation.

Zoanrevived wrote:
POWER-UP:

I'm going to have to put a rejection on these for now, as they are not in the original Template and therefore would give you an unfair advatage. Perhaps I will add these in later!

Zoanrevived wrote:
ELEMENTS:

See above discussing Element choices.

<b>Also:</b> You might want to read the new rules in "OOC: Battle Arena" as they have changed a bit since the last one!

<center>~~~</center>
<center><b><font color=blue>TUTTI:</font></b></center>
Be reminded that not only can you gain a level in the Arena, you might also loose one do to poor sportsmanship.

<b><font color=red>Also:</font></b>Remember to remove your sigs!!

<center><b><font color= green>+ Silver - Orbs +</font></b></center>
Yes, + Silver - Orbs +, it is. This is the kind of work I expect that my players can handle. As you can see they are all this long, as they follow a basic Template I have provided. You will also notice, in the rules section for this Game, that there is a list of specific rules and guidelines. Please read over everything carefully if you are thinking of joining.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:46 pm 
Tightwad

Why have + Silver - Orbs+ join? she's already been banned from he thread...oh, and I would like to point out that Zoanrevived said *see history* a number of times, but did not write a history. A paradox, no? or maybe I'm just being paranoid

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:48 pm 
Master Old Dragon

She wasn't banned from the thread, she was told not to post in there again until she had signed up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: hey!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:55 pm 
Master of the Elements

alright, I updated it alittle bit.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:09 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b>Zoanrevived</b></center>
Very good, Zoan, you adapted it very well. Let me address a few final things.

<b>Element:</b> One strong element for new joiners. You can use other elements they will just be weak. You should not use the element opposite to your strong element. If you can't do it with this character, I'm going to have to ask you to create a new one for the Arena. And, for the record, there will be no allowance of characters here who use them all superbly. (Though I may consider characters with a weak ability in all areas, with a minimal magic ability level)

I was looking over your spells and it seems most of them are energy spells. I suggest making those spells light spells, and putting your element down as light (I would say dark, but this might create the need for a shift in your allignment). You have to have an element for all of your spells, however. If you want to keep it to Earth, you may not use/create wind spells.

<b>Class:</b> Fighter/Mage would be your best bet here then (It's a dual class). This, however, will affect the rate at which you can rise to a new level for your magic ability. (AKA your magic will be stunted)

I'm going to label your race as "similar to an Elf", as you seem to concentrate on speed and agility, and you also put that your race has some natural ability with magic. This should fit in great with your profile.

Other than this, everything looks great. When you increase your standing in the arena, you may use the spells you have set aside.

You character is fully prepared to do battle in the Arena at any time after these changes are finalized. Good luck!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:18 pm 
Master of the Elements

Ok, I finalized it.

BTW, my person POV, there was a few things that I disagreed with with your template, but I believe that it is better to have a single template that every RP'er uses instead of making havoc with several different types. I just got to find the loop-holes to get Zoan to be the same as he was before.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:30 am 
Master Old Dragon

Now you see that last post you just made? Its the sprt of thing that you don't tell people. If I was incharge fo the rules department, I'd install the rule 'Zoan may not be like his old self and his profile is locked usless I otherwise say so.' Nothing personal, justhad to say it. I'm impulsive.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: yo
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:09 am 
Master of the Elements

Hey, I was just being sarcastic with the whole loop hole thing. I mean, I don't know, Zoan just seems so limited with this new template, but Serenity did say that she was going to be adding new things to it. Besides, Zoan like never uses his techniques. Just, that when he does, I kind of hoped that he would be able to use them the way he use to. But I guess Serenity's just trying to make it more equal. So that the n00b's would have a shot at beating those who have been here longer.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:23 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

yeah zoan, that's basically It. Basically we're all starting out at our basic selves, the more we battle the more we can gain/lose. and WD you just post where you can. we understand

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:11 am 
Master Old Dragon

Well duh. I have no morals when it comes to spamming. I'll probably lose all enthusiasm when I reach 500 or so.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:05 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I try and make things as even as I can to begin with, without doing too much damage to peoples characters...
*Bonks WD on the head with stick* Image

Stop using my threads for your relentless spamming efforts!!! lol

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next