Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 pm

Post subject: OOC: assassin turned rescuer
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:56 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

ok this is my first time trying to start an RP, so i know that i'm going to be leaving alot of stuff out. but if you want to know anything else, just ask me. otherwise here i go.

Time: in the past (not really sure, before guns, which means when you create your character, give him manual weapons, such as, knives, swords, spears, axes, anything else besides shooting weapons, crossbows and recurve bows are allowed)

Setting: umm. eastern Europe to central Asia

Plot: King Saxon’s daughter Rakelle has been kidnapped. Saxon is having major health problems, and she is the only heir to the throne. My character (Syllant) has been hired to bring her back by Saxon. Through out the journey he learns that he’ll need help following and catching the kidnappers and bring her back safely, and others join him to have some part of the reward(four chests of gold coins, and 6 chests of silver coins). I’m not expecting more than a bakers dozen of characters to join, so we’ll be greatly outnumbered. The kidnappers are a band of thieves that intercepted Rakelle’s carriage and are now keeping her, so that she cannot tell anyone of their whereabouts. they took her from some kingdom in eastern Europe and are running further east.

Characters allowed: humans, elves, dwarfs, wizards/witches, vampires, and werewolves. If you want to be something else, just put it in your char. sheet, and I’ll look over it. heres my character.

Name: Syllant (silent) A.K.A. sy (sigh)

Sex: Male
Race: Acadian (from scorpion king, couldn’t think of anything else)

History: he’s been trained in many deadly combat techniques. His training started when he was 9. Has been taught how to track, stalk, and hunt. Shoot arrows, throw axes, spears and knives, sword fight, hand-to-hand combat, hand to weapon combat, trap setting, making poison. He knows how to build numerous things from benches to crossbows. He knows how to sew, cook, and make it look like he was never there. He knows how to treat injuries like small cuts, to broken bones (had a lot of personal experience, has scars to prove it)

Description: he comes from a family and race, who has one of the best assassin reputations in the world. And he’s the best his family and race have been able to produce, so far. He’s been helping teach the next generation everything that he knows, up until the king sent for him.

Clothes and weapons: he is wearing worn hand-sewn leather pants with sheaths for a pair of Sais, and a triple layered leather chest guard (straps cross over behind, on his back) with a shoulder guard that goes half way down his upper arm on the left side. he wears a belt that holds a set of hand made Kamas, a broad sword with a hilt that can connect to his walking stick/staff to make a Kwan Dao, a pouch for his whipping chain. Also tied to the belt is a pair of hand climbing claws and a pair of foot spikes. He’s wearing leather boots that go half way up his shin with a built in sheath for a 9 inch dagger. Attached to his back straps is a carrier for a hand made bow and a quiver of arrows. he carries a pack where he holds a water canteen, minimal food supplies (home-made crackers, dried edible roots of some sort, and some type of dried meat)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:38 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Wow, sounds great :wink: . I have never joined an RP so heres my chance...
Hope you dont mind this character... First one...

Name: Kira
Sex: Female (obviously,lol)

About the character: Ok, my character is a warrior, huntress, type. An adventurer/ wonderer, I could fit into the story by maybe being met on the road. I will wear a black leather suit, slightly worn by travell, long black hair, blue eyes. Young and enthusiastic, knowledgeable about healing potions and dark creatures. Family was killed long ago, and prefers not to talk about the past...

Weapons: A blue sword with a shife(sp?) buckeld at side. A bow and arrows, made by the elves. A few daggers. Good in battle with the sword, but enjoys using the Bow. Knows very little magic... and can throw a spear well.

More: Travels on a Black stallion named Tynor. Looking for adventure (reason for joining the quest) Talkative, friendly.

Well, thats my first character, what do you think? P.s. I love the Scorpion king, good choice of character...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:03 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

sounds great. sounds like a great team so far. characters who are good at fighting are recommended. Thanks for joining. great character.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:17 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
So, sounds good for your first try... New and improved Yuri should be good for such an adventure.

ame: Yuri Dragonspeaker
Race: Human
Deity: Kuall
Profession: Deciple
Eye Color: Green, bright
Hair color: Black, Flowing

Description: Garbed in steel chain mail and three bracers coating her right arm, all lightly coated in white silver. She carries a Scimitar Cleaver, given to her by Kuall himself, and secured to her back by an enchanted crimson ribbon, which secures itself around the sword whenever it is placed near enough to her back. Also she has Kuall's crest burnt into the back of her hand which entitles her to certain privleges, as well as a pouch with a healthy amount of dragon's gold.

History: Blind since birth, Yuri was abandoned at the mouth of a dragon's cave. Kuall saved her from death and gave her the gift of sight by maturing her inner eye. She trained under the dragon's watchful gaze untill she was 14. She was then released into a girl's school to learn the ways of humans. Yuri is Kuall's deciple, his eyes ears and will. Though he trusts her judgement for the most part, she cannot disobey a direct order from him without fear of death.

Weapon: A Scimitar Cleaver, nearly 3/4's her height, it is sharp and on the first swing, deadly. It is redish gold and flecked with rust colored shards. It's hilt is silver and black.

Personallity: Brightly intelligent.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:47 am 
Matrix Operator

I'll join, using my cliched char:

Name: Jason, male human spy

Desrcip: An average looking guy with average height, build, brown hair, and grey eyes. Not of average intelligence.

Weapons: A Saracen recurve bow, arrows, and a dagger.

Armor: Brown leather tunic, dark brown leggings. He owns an ingeniously woven cape that blends in with all enviroments.

Previous employment: As a completely non-descript guy, Jason worked as a spy for a warlord. His training includes tracking, stealth, assasination techniques, vision (i.e., notices details that others overlook).

Personality: Reacts quickly, but prefers to plan out things. He will not hesitate to kill, injure, maim, or steal if the situation calls for it. However, he will also not hesitate to help an ally in time of need.

What the heck is an Acadian? I didn't watch the serpent king.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:04 pm 
i'll post a bit and finish it later. i need to be back to work soon.

Name: Iyrius Kemdyth
Species: Gledissian* Wolf-Mage**
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Height: 6' 1"

Appearance: wears tan/brown clothing basically consisting of a tunic (which is always open), pants with a dragon-hide belt, and dragon hide boots. Has a dragon tattoo that starts at the left side of his neck, curls around so the body drapes across his chest and then the tail curls around his left arm. Snake tattoo on his right leg. Two small silver hoops in his left ear. Very handsome. Great endurance.

Weapons and Talents: Carries the standard fencing dirk that all Wolf-Mages have. Uses healing magic and he is resistant to poisons.

History: Growing up in a military life, Iyrius was bought by the Order once they found out he was a mage. He traveled the world on missions and quests from the age of 11. when he was on one certain mission, he met up with Thea and they ended up falling in love. He has a daughter and son now, Katheen, age 6, and Andon, a new born. He rarely sees them because the Order is bent on keeping him away from his human mate.

Quirks:Very smart, especially in the way of court procedures but tends to overthink simple problems. Not the bravest soul about nor the best fighter but sticks up for what he believes. Has a tendancy to flirt without knowing.

*a tallish race that lives on a decently sized island in the south. Tending to have red to blonde hair and blue or green eyes. Slightly Spartanesque, they train the males starting at age 5 to fight.

**this is a race that i sorta made up but really didn't. Its just a different way to say werewolf. Wolf-Mages are sorcerer werewolves that live in an underground fortress called the Den. Usually referred to as The Order, this organization may have few members (only 132 including children) buy they infiltrate and have information on almost everything. Mages don't age physically very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:37 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

well everything sounds great so far, i'll give it a few more days for others to join, then it'll start. but i'm having a problem deciding if i should start the RP while i'm still training the younger generation (before being hired) or if i should be with Saxon being hired. either way, i'm gonna be running into all of you on the road heading east. i'm thinking that i should be on the way to the king and i meet one of you. not really sure who yet. someone dependable who i'd be able to vouch for in the kings presence (remember he summoned me). all the characters are great so far. we'll see what comes about. Thank you (everybody).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:43 am 
Matrix Operator

I'll volunteer to be the guy you vouch for.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:52 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Or it could be the priest who you vouch for. :roll: The assassin type doesn't sound so trustworthy to me personally.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:11 pm 
i concur with Jish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:23 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

idk, both sound reasonable for their own reasons. but you have to remember that we're supposed to be tracking/hunting a gang of thieves. which do you think would sound better? a priest who prays and besses things. or a spy who is used to finding people? and i'm not sure how well it would go vouching for a female priest/deciple. just sounds out of the ordinary to me. idk. so i guess not many others are going to join, unless we have alot of obsticles to overcome, it doesn't sound like a long RP. lets get started... oh yeah, i'll meet up with Jason on the way to the king, and after i'm hired before i leave the kingdom, i'll run into Yuri. then as a group of three, we'll take off and run into Makla.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

Am I too late to join? Hopefully not so here's my character

Name Thrace Goldback
Race: Human
Height: 5`11``
Build: Slight, leans towards running away and acrobatics rather than fighting, not weak per se but not a muscle man either.
Attire/weaponry: Brown hide trousers a blue leather belt with a very beaten up copper buckle. Barefoot but has strips of cloth wrapped round his ankle and heel of his left foot to hide horrific scars that disfigured his ankle to twisted lump of meat and bone (see bio). Red cloth sleeveless shirt that reaches almost to his knees. His left ear is pierced with the tooth of a very large dog (again see bio). He carries a slingshot, two daggers and a hand-and-a-half sword which he wears in a scabbard at his side
Appearance/Abilities:Hair reaches his shoulders. Skin is slightly tanned His people have a strange ritual in that when their children are young (1-2 yrs) they tattoo their arms, thighs and backs with strange symbols and runes etc. Most of these serve no purpose but decoration but a few grant abilities. The ones that are recorded as having power are:

On his right thigh a certain rune grants his feet great grip to almost anything, this allows him to run up and along walls though not indefinatley as gravity has an effect. He quickly becomes tired from the strain of holding himself sideways too.

On his left shoulder a line stretches down to his elbow and the twists and spirals on this distort with age as skin stretches and grows, granting different powers depending on age. At his current state it allows him to throw small balls of fire or ice and generate electric shocks with his hands. The fire and electric shocks can cause burns to hands when he uses these abilities and they drain his stamina quite quickly (but not immediatly).

A large rune on his back allows him once a day to send out a telepathic shockwave, almost like echolocation that allows him read the uppermost thoughts of those around him. If used in a crowded area he may become overwhelmed and pass out from the strain of receiving too many voices.

Tattoos on his knuckles and wrists allow him to bend these joints in any conceivable direction, usefull for wielding weapons and climbing etc. This ability also causes pain in these joints at all movement (including ones when he is not overextending)

Personality: Although he takes a bit of getting used to, he is a relentless optimist and makes jokes at every oppurtunity. His past has made an impression on him though, when he looks back he can become bitter and melancholy and he has fierce temper if he gets roused.

Bio: Born into a society based heavily around rituals, tradition and suchlike, Thrace soon bored of the strictly scheduled lifestyle.He still bears marks of some of the early trials and rituals. When he was 1yr and 7months he underwent the tattooing ceremony, the one thing he is thankful to his tribe for. At the age of seven all young men were required to fight with specially bred dogs, these are large and vicious creatures and although Thrace overcame his challenger he was rewarded with a damaged foot. Afterward he took the dog's toth and wears it to this day. For much of his life he was accepted by everyone and never knew the meaning of dislike until he was 12 and decided that he would attempt to hone his craft of summoning small knives (as his arm tattoo then allowed him to) unfortunatley he killed a fellow student and maimed one of the tribe elders, as soon as he was judged capable of looking after himself he was cast out. Since then he has fended for himself (read as: avoided trouble and skulked around in bars) before coming to investigate the legend of Magus which had filtered through his culture much slower than the rest of the world.

Please say if this is too powerfull and I'll tone it down a bit

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:26 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Ok, I just got a great idea of how my character could enter the story, see what you think...
Ok, I was thinking that while your on the road, after meeting the king, im also on the same road, but further ahead. There is an ambush of bandits of about 20 men, I accidently ride into the middle of it, they attack, I fight and kill three of them but they have the element of surprise and close in quickly. But your group hears the noise up ahead and rush in. I was thinking that this ambush was actually for your group, perhaps they might be working for the kidnapers...? Anyway, seeing your group they attack, the battle will be in our favour and they are killed. ( this part could have all the good action in!) Anyway, afterwards I feel totally in debt to you for saving my life, and as I owe you my life, I offer to join the quest to help in anyway possible, knowing that I would be able to prove my loyalty and gain some adventure at the same time...
So... whatdo you think, this can happen at any time decided and things can be modified for conveiniance.... :D :wink: I just thought it be a better way for my character to enter than just walking up and saying "Hi!" :lol: Also, anyone else looking to join in could maybe come in this part tooo, perhaps following the bandits to see what they were up to?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:16 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

well marik it isn't too late, we're still kinda slow at starting, if it need be, people can control my character to move the RP along, i might not be on as much as i used to be. and blue tiger, it sounds like a great idea, i just have to check on the RP to see how things are moving along. see if falconer posted anything yet. well we'll see how things are going.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:07 pm 
Matrix Operator

I just did, and sorry, but someone else is gonna have to take my place. COnsider me dropped out unless i return before it's advanced too far (which does NOT mean u should pity me and the RP go nowhere.)

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:17 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

well the RP will go on, but it will/should be a long journey, and we should be going through many small towns/villages. you'll be able to jump in somewhere. so for anyone else, just keep up on the RP and if you would like to join, there should be a place where you can jump in.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:18 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Ok, im going to be on holiday from sunday to saturday, so will not be able to enter my character or post untill then, but I will be on after that... :wink:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:38 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Ah this might give me a great oppurtunity to use my newest character. Am I too late?

Name: Dagan Orlith
Race: Copper Half Dragon
Profession: Stealthy Warrior, Assassin, Thief, Shadowdancer.
Height: 6'
Weight: 150 lbs
Wingspan: 12'
Tail Length: 5'

Appearance: has a muzzle, with horns flaying out to the sides of his head from under his eyes they are covered with scales, then he has two horns on the top of his head that meld easily with the top of his head, his ear holes at beneath his two prominent horns on his head. His eyes glow, faintly, but unnoticeably, He is covered in bronze colored scales, his eye ridges has many hornlets, then hornlets come from his nostrils to the top of his head. A pair of wings sprout from his back, wings similar to a red’s yet, copper in color. He also has a tail, and digitigrade legs, which make him a very quiet stalker.
he had three large toes on each foot, and his fingers and toes had claws.

Clothing: He wears a leather tunic, and leather shorts that go below his knees. His tunic has straps in the back, so to let him put it on, with his wings. His shorts have a hole in the back, for his tail. Around his waist his a belt, with a sword's scabbard on his left hip, a dagger sheathe on the right, with two clasps on his shoulders, is a cloak, that rarely touches the ground, as it drapes over his tail usually. All his clothing is black in color. Two leather bracers are on his forearms, just some added protection.

Weapons:

Breath Weapon: Line of Acid, this is his only ranged attack, and rarely uses it in combat. Normally, used to melt locks off of doors.

Reaper: This longsword has a red colored blade, with a crosspiece to resemble dragon bones, a hilt resembling a dragon's spine, and a pommel resembling a dragon's skull, the skull eye sockets glow with a intense red, as this sword has an evil sentience, and it is wielded by a goodly (For the most part) wielder. It unnatually cuts things more efficiently, and one cut from his blade can kill, eventually if the wound isn't treated.. The blade is hot to the touch, and is known to cause fiery damage.

Scythe: This silver and platinum dagger is inlaid with jewels, it is a 14 inch blade. It is a cruel, but useful weapon, capable of sucking the life force from it's victim, and healing the wielder, it can prove for a useful torture device.

Personality: He is usually cold to those around him. He is a bitter creature, though who does his work to do good, he doesn't always get to that conclusion with goodly means. At times cruel, a smile is rarely seen on his face. If a cleric tries to determine his aura, it is a goodly one, but one that is wavering. H is lonely, without many friends, and those friends he does have he cannot trust.

History: Born in a small village, where he matured till he was twenty, then everything went to all hell, at twenty his draconity began to show, and when he fully turned, he and his human mother were whipped infront of everyone in town, his mother for helping to create such an abomination, and Dagan for being that abomination. This has always made him cold towards humans, elves, and most other races, except other half breeds, he especially hates his father now, even though he used to love his father. Though, if he saw his father hurt, most would think he'd protect him. His has scars on his back, from the whipping, and this event above all else in his life had made him cold and bitter, from a loving, caring friend. He used to love life, yet now, he is indifferent about it, he takes the good with the bad, and when someone tries to harm him, the attacker is on the floor dead.

Abillities:

Death Attack: By studying hs victim for atleast thirty minutes, with full concentration without being seen, or heard by the victim or his/her allies, he can perform the deadliest weapon the assassin has in it's arsenal, the quickest way to paralyze, or kill the victim.

Hide in Plain Sight: It's like he disappears right from sight, using the shadows to his advantage. He is able to walked between the Light and the Shadows, using even the opponent's own shadow against them. He cannot hide in his own shadow, this is what makes him such an efficient killer. The use of a magical gem, called Gems of True Seeing can locate him, making this ability useless.

Shadow Jump: While hiding in plain sight, he can jump from shadow to shadow, within ten feet of the current shadow he is in. Quite useful.

Flight: His is able to fly, with average maneuverability.

Some weaknesses:

An upward thrust, will get past his scales, and truly hurt him, he wears no actual armor.

A Gem of True Seeing negates his most useful abillities, though he is a master of hiding and sneaking without Hiding in Plain Sight.

He can take quite a bit of punishment, but he'd rather NOT get hit.

No spells.

Advantages:

His draconic blood given strength, and his agility of his honed muscles, of two hundred years of practice.

His Weapons.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:41 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Alright, Character posted.....my posts aren't showing on the list....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:07 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

hmm. sry i havn't been able to get on that often. but this is how it is during the summer. i work and play. and sleep. i don't really get online that often. so if anything has to happen just control my character.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:46 pm 
Matrix Operator

Alright, back in the game... *peers around* it seems the RP has stalled.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile