Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm

Post subject: OCC: DRAGON'S REALM-NOW CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:49 pm 
The Forestmaster

This new roll play is kind of like...well, sort of like...well I hope you can post! Anybody can join until I have enough players.
My story takes place in a graveyard, and you get led through a tour to the very end, by which we hope there will be no players left!! lol

:: My Character ::

General Attributes

Name: Nightshade (A.K.A. Forestmaster)
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Element: Dark/Earth
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Magic Ability: Advanced

Physical Attributes

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 115lbs
Build: Slender
Hair Color/Length/Style: bangs cover eyes, short hair in the back
Eye color: Gold: Sees objects constantly dying, never to be reborn again
Complexion: Pale
Other: Golden Skin

Armor

Head: none
Chest: Black dragon skin
Arms: Golden armbands
Hands: Tight black gloves
Waist: Sash
Legs: none
Feet: Thin leather shoes
Other: Wears a long black robe, has a silver dagger on wrist only to be used as a last resort

Weaponry

MAIN:
Name: Amethyst Dagger
Type: 10" dagger
Design: Elvish make, inlaid with red rubies
Magical Attributes: Activates immediately when user's breathing becomes rapid or sluggish

Name: Staff of the Gods
Type: 66" staff
Design: Minature statues of four main gods on either sides, dragon orb on the top with spike
Magical Attributes: Allows user to summon the power of Wind, Water, Fire, and Thunder

ALSO:

Magic Spells (A Few Examples, for magic users only)

ATTACK:

Spell Name: Energoim Singulation
Element: Dark
Power Level: Amount sacrificied
Physical Description: Energy from the user's mind is combined with willpower and confidence to succeed, forms an orb of dark light that shatters in mid air
Limitation: A nighttime attack

Spell Name: Geyser Escalation
Element: Water
Power Level: Amount sacrificed
Physical Description: Opens up multiple holes in the ground which shoot out geysers
Limitation: Cannot be used in areas without a water source within 10'

Spell Name: Final Destiny
Power Level: Amount sacrificed
Physical Description: The user's soul shatters, forming an orb of dark light that destroys anything within 2000'
Limitation: (no limitation)

DEFENSE:

Spell Name: Psycho Blast
Element: Dark/Wind
Power Level: High
Physical Description: User is able to gain access to the opponent's mind
Limitation: Use wears off in five minutes

Spell Name: Technological Inhibition
Element: Earth
Physical Description: Any machines in the area will suddenly break down
Limitation: Cannot be used in a forest

Spell Name: Shield Barrier
Physical Description: Forms a shield around the user
Limitation: Confident people(s) are able to break through easily

Last edited by Aspaheir on Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:06 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

please please please tell me you didn't start another... utterly undefined... and completely baffling thread. the likes of which no one will join, because they don't understand anything in it. and you will get yelled at by the powers that be. so do us, and yourself a favor, and put some meat into this thread, or just throw it in the trash, because let's put it this way, only dogs like bones.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:35 pm 
Tightwad

*claps* very profound, my friend. and yes, WHAT is this story about, WHY will we join, HOW will we get our chars into the storyline, WHEN is this taking place (i.e. after a battle), WHERE is it taking place, WHO is the main character, evil guy, etc.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:14 am 
The Forestmaster

Backround

It is still 356 AD (after dragons roamed the world) and there are STILL many secrets left undiscovered. However, a young human by the name of Nightshade has discovered the remaining secrets and wants to show everyone through a spooky tour.

Rules

No rules except that there is no fighting until we come across a monster/challenger.

Setting

Many challenges await participants, including graveyards, active volcanoes, orcs, and much more!!

Hook

Umm...It's cool!? lol

Actually, I got this idea pretty much from one of my books, entitled [u]Soulforge[u] by Margaret Weis. It is in the same format as Battle Arena, so I'll hope you'll join!

I need to close my thread in the Role-Play because it may hinder my training session with Christian.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:06 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I think the reason behind not being able to start this thread while in training is not because it will hinder your practice session (I myself am in a practice session at the moment and still have another thread) but because YOU ARE NOT READY TO RUN A THREAD OF YOUR OWN.

Seriously, there are people who have been around for...years...that are still cautious about starting and running threads. I have had two in my career as an RPer and I've been around for awhile.

To have a good thread, you need a good plan, a good character, a strong writing ability, and probably most importantly, friends to join. You make friends my showing people that you can write well and add to more than subtract from their threads.

Christian, although you may not realize it, is a GREAT teacher to have as a noob. He is really putting in the time and effort with you and it would be a shame for you to waste that. If you could make him proud (or even beat him) it would almost gaurentee the respect of others around here, including myself.

I do this only to show you (and other noobs) that the rest of us care that you stick around. BUT, we do NOT want the board cluttered up with fifty threads that never had a purpose or a response. If anything I have said here is confusing, then please ask away, but do not ignore this. My opinions are not only my own and I would rather have a new friend than a new enemy.

So please, join some threads before you start more of your own.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: c
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:27 pm 
The Forestmaster

Obsessed with The Elements!!

Last edited by Aspaheir on Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:54 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

You know, being able to take criticism gracefully is a true mark of maturity, but then again...what did I really expect? I was trying to help you out.

And just a tip, the number of pages a thread has, has nothing to do with how popular or superior it is. Forgive me for not bowing down at your feet upon finding that most of the posts in there belong to you and two other people. On top of that, the word count in a single page of your thread is about the same as in one of my posts in Neo Terra.

These are the things I was talking about. Content and structure and grammer and a plot are all important to RPG. If your post is less than 30 words, why even bother posting at all?

I never had any intention of being mean, only enlightening you to what you seemed to be overlooking. Also, in the future, please do not recruit me for your threads via e-mail. If I want to join, I will ask in the corresponding OOC thread (like we are supposed to do).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: a
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:26 pm 
The Forestmaster

Ok, ok!

If I can't recruit by PM, how come Pandora can?

:swear:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:50 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b>Aspaheir</b></center>
Okay, to be honest, I have known that this thread was up for some time. I have avoided posting in here because, quite frankly, I feel that dealing with you is becoming a waste of my time.

Usually when I start to feel this way about someone, they get blacklisted from my threads and I no longer condone or offer my support to any thread that they might have from then on out. Most people find this troubling because I’m quite active around here and my opinion matters to more than a few people. The pro to this is that I no longer have to deal with you if I don’t choose to. Once it has gone that far, Aspaheir, you have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting back into my good graces.

In case you weren’t able to pull it out of the above paragraph: that was a threat. You are very close to getting thrown out of all of my threads and therefore out of my sight. Don’t get too hopeful though, this would not rid you of me. As long as you cause trouble in the RPG forums, you are going to have me to deal with.

Now, like I said, I avoided dealing with your nonsense. There were some indications, however, that told me it was getting ridiculous and that I needed to take action. One of them is the people replying negatively to your posts.

When your incessant off topic posts, bringing up old threads, making space-wasting threads, and double posting becoming an annoyance to Alorith and Draches, <i>and</i> they start lecturing you for it, you know that you have gone too far. Normally I am incredibly lenient with this, but there are some people around here who just don’t know when to stop. Let me tell you, there is going to be some fast learning going on fairly soon if it doesn’t cease.

When other new people, like Chalgrish, start realizing that you are acting out of line, this is another indication that you need to knock it off. If someone can’t see it by this time, I know that it is getting pretty bad.

So far you have not only crossed both of these lines, but you have also gone into the “hopelessly ridiculousâ€￾ section of the stupid meter. How can I tell? Elise has posted in here and you pissed her off.

Let me tell you, Elise doesn’t post often, but when she does she means every word of it, so you better listen up because she knows what she is talking about. She is also an exceedingly tactful person, very gifted in telling people the truth in a nice way. When you go so far as to annoy her into writing a negative post towards you, it has gone far too far.

Now, I gave you more leniencies than I should have. I offered you training sessions with Christian because I thought that it might help you to become a decent Role Player. I don’t do this for every n00b that walks in the door; you got a special privilege from me.

So far you have repaid my efforts by being disrespectful to those trying to help you, including some of my close friends and myself, you have cluttered the message board with nonsense making more work for those of us who like to keep it in good condition, you have repeatedly ignored decent advice, doing everything in your power to openly disregard warnings and you have been an all out nuisance everywhere and to almost everyone.

You have been given fair warning about all of this more than once. You have frequently disregarded the warnings and openly disobeyed good advice.

You can respond in one of two ways to this. You can pick your butt off the ground and start acting your age instead of your shoe size, or you can continue acting the way you have and become isolated because no one will want to deal with you anymore. If you choose the latter, know that I will be the first, and you will be done in my threads.

I personally don’t want a phony apology from you, as I know from experience that what you say has no merit, and you’ll end up doing it again anyways. I do feel, however, that you owe one to everyone you have disrespected. You can start with Christian, because he put in a load of time and effort to try and help you and you repaid him by making yourself look like an idiot, which comes off badly on him.

As of now your training sessions with him are suspended. You have shown through your actions that you don’t care enough about the members or rules on this board to continue in a place of honor. I don’t want someone who is disrespectful and unappreciative using my friends and resources to train to become an established member of my Arena or any of my threads. If you are going to be unwilling to learn, then I am not going to condone teaching you.

And to answer your question, Pandora has enough smarts to only send messages to people who don’t mind or might welcome them.

And to answer any other “If they did it why can’t I?â€￾ questions you might have, know that the people who don’t get yelled at are the ones that aren’t stupid enough to get caught. That, and most people contribute enough good to the community so that we can overlook some of their flaws.

You might try working on this yourself.

Now, go back and read what I have said as many times as it takes to imprint it in your mind for good. Then you can go back and read what Elise said, and everything else that people have told you. I don’t want to hear from you or see you again until then.

And if you are thinking of replying to this with anything other than a meaningful, well thought out apology of equal length, then don’t bother.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:51 pm 
Tightwad

I feel essentially the same way about spamming, and I don't say that I don't. Even Serenity does it, albeit once in a blue baboon :lol:. no time to laugh about it now, because it's incredible how close this *blacklist* thing is to Malchios's ban. As I have said before, HE IS AN IDIOT, but my best friend, and I'd take a bullet for him, but if he screws up, he isn't going to get any candy from me, lety me tell you.

People like White Dragon Alorith get on other peoples nerves to no end, but I havn't seen him try to make a RPG. He also makes people laugh, thus making this sometimes gloomy place seem holly and jolly.

You SERIOUSLY need to cut it off with your evil characters. You have more than you have positive-aligned characters. and I'm having my person in Neo Terra be a total jerk on purpose, because it makes the RPG seem more real with people arguing.

And what's the deal with reviving old posts? not cool, unless you just joined and never noticed it before, AND wanted to talk about it(like me). You've been a member of this community for a number of at least months, because you seem to know everyone else pretty well. I've been a member for 2 weeks, and I may seem like a stick-in-the-mud at times, but deal with it. I can be fun loving, and even childish(hence my name) but for the love of pete, STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME!

If people get on my nerves within the first year of me knowing them, they generally never get back off. Malchios is the actual difference of this, but he annoys me a LOT from time to time, but we share just about everything besides body parts and personal articles. If there is one thing I can tell you about Serenity, SHE MEANS WHAT SHE'S SAYING! She's very good at writing, she's mature, and she knows what to do when things go wrong. That is why SHE is an almost-moderator, and YOU aren't. I'm not trrying to rub it in, but if you don't lose the adolescent "LOOK AT ME! I CAN DO ANYTHING!" attitude, you're going to mire yourself in a situation irrevocably.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:29 am 
The Forestmaster

Okay, okay Serenity! I apologize!! But lately Christian isn't posting in Battle Arena.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:09 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I don't think you read my post properly, Aspaheir. I suggest you go back and read all of it again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:09 pm 
Godsin Queen

Well, I think everyone else has pretty much said everything there is to say on this matter. But I do want to tell you this because I think you should know, for I feel you are being way too cocky for my liking. The people roll-playing in your thread the elements are either teaching or getting taught, and you my friend are not a teacher by afar.

I hoped by doing the roll-play with you it would teach more on how it's done. And I have to say you seem to have learned a bit here and there but not enough to start up another roll-play. I'll help you with this as much as I can but you can't just go and swear people off when the are despratly trying to help you. Also I think that Destine's Cloud will help you out a lot as well, so you can't get the feel of roll playing a lot better.

That all good with you?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:44 am 
British Redcoat

i reckon its a good idea. see what you can do, As[hair, strut your stuff, see what happens. who knows? you could be excellent. :D

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile