Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

Post subject: Dragon Riders of Ansalon Weyr
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:43 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

High up on a mountain top, is the Ansalon Weyr, the last bastion of hope against evil, and rebellion, but it is failing. Orcs to the northern hills, drow in the lower tunnels, Rebels in the western forests, invading kingdoms to the southern plains, and forests, and to the east, the sea in which a terrifying new power has emerged, this advanced powers have great ships, with loud, and new cannons. The dragon riders are declining in numbers slowly, only a few remain. Ansalon cannot hold back this tide of war for long, with now military aid, no allies besides the dwarves in the mountain halls, the world is changing, ever changing. Even powerful mages cannot turn back this tide..

A call has been sent out, men, dwarves, and elves have been called upon between the ages of 18 to 25, to replenish the decreasing number of riders and dragons, more eggs have been layed, soon to be hatched, and tamed by a rider.

Magic Types:

Elemental: Fire, Earth, Wind(Includes lightning), and Water.

Divine: This most includes healing, and blessing. There are a few offensive elemental spells, not many.

Chaos: Eldritch blast, and it's many forms. It is a not a very versatile magic, but does work to complement a swordsman's sword in combat. It also has a spell, called Aura of Fear, it invokes fear into the enemy's hearts, and makes them less willing to fight.

The Races:

Humans: Humans are the most common in this world, but the shortest living.

Elves: Elves live about two thousand years, and in all their forests, they only number around fifty-thousand. They’ve pale skin, no bodily hair, usually their hair is worn to the shoulders for males, and to the lower back for females. They can see in Infravision, have Acute hearing, but are weak of strength, but makes up for it in agility, and dexterity with bows. They are normally 5‘-5’4’’ tall.

Drow (Dark Elves): The Drow live in underground cities, miles beneath the surface, in the unforgiving underdark. They are warlike, have ebony black skin. They are stronger and faster than surface elves, see in infravision, and have the innate magical abilities to outline someone with Faerie fire, that just makes them an easier target, to kill in the dark. The Faerie fire doesn’t burn. And they can summon a globe of impenetrable darkness, that only those who can fight with their ears can hope to survive in one. Commonly at 4’5’’ to 5’ tall.

Dwarves: Hearty folk, as tough as the stone they mine. They are short, to 3’-4’ in height. They’re tough warriors, and miners, they have a distrust in magic, therefore their only magic is of clerical origins. They have mead, in which they pass off as Holy Water, they love drinking. Commonly known to use the Axe as the primary weapon.

Half Dragons: This is what you get when a humanoid, and a dragon have a courtship with eachother. This race is rare, and most of the time the humanoid would be the mother, but there are some rare instances where a dragon was the mother, this is do to dragons being magical beings can polymorph themselves into human form. Half Dragons walk on two legs, and looks quite human, until their twentieth season. After their twentieth year, they begin to change physically, a fully devoloped half dragon has a muzzle, tail, scales, wings, walks on their toes like dragons whilst their foot becomes part of their leg technically. They would mostly have sirrated, sharp teeth, and a few molars. On the end of each finger, thumb, and toe would be a claw. They gain the breath weapon of their parent dragon, and later on have the ability to glide, and then fly. They have much magical prowess.

Dragons: I'll let the players whoever want to be dragons, make up their own type of dragon, dragons and riders are played by seperate players, not just one. This is to create more role playing between rider and dragon.
I would also like to keep the number of dragons an riders very balanced, I don't want a player without a dragon or rider.

Character sheets: I'll trust whoever joins to come up with their own character sheet, just have Dragon: or Rider: Somewhere in your post, keep it blank for I'll match up the dragons and riders when we're close to starting.

Name: Areon
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 200 lbs (Mostly all muscle)
Build: Strong, my athletically built for speed, but also plenty of strength.
Race: White Half Dragon
Appearance: He has blue eyes, that of his human father. He has a kind looking face, except he can look scary by baring his sirrated teeth, with a few molars in the back of his mouth, a product of being half human. He has a muzzle, or snout if you want to call it that, and small white, dragon scales. His wings when folded at 6 feet long, but locked in place, so that they make him look taller, by a foot and a half, giving him all that much space for his not to hit them against the ground, and his tail is 5 feet long, at the end it is rounded. He wears no boots, for he walks on his toes like a dragon, and his 'foot' is more part of his leg, making him appear to have a normal knee, and another one lower down. on the ends of his fingers, thumbs and toes are claws, that are 1 inch long each. http://www.jaestudio.com/Slith.jpg

Attire: He wears a leather tunic, and leather shorts, that go down to just below his knees, to not hinder his movement. On his shins he wears steel shin plates. Also he wears a steel Hauberk, that protects his arms, to the top half of his legs. Over this steel chainmail hauberk, he wears over lapping metal plates, much like a breastplate except his allows full range of movment. He also has plates protecting the sides of his biceps, and forearms. He also has an open faces helmet, with cheek plates, so as to not bother his vision or his hearing in the least. On his left arm, or back depending how he fights, in a heavy shield, a shield that tales say can protect it's wearer from dragonfire.

Weapons:

Primary: A magic spear, that seems heavy at first glance, made of a blackish metal. It can only be wielded by Areon, and has a very sharp tip, and somehow blasts through armor. The Spear is taller than Areon http://www.nightmarefactory.com/DG14450.jpg

Secondary: An Adamanite longsword, enchanted with a blade that will never dull, and an enchanted edge to cut better, the blade is called Frost-Tongue, for it has a place to cause 3rd degree instant frostbite to it's victims. It is 35'' in length, for the blade. http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/019 ... -sword.jpg

Chaos Magic.

Other: His scales can take slashing attacks, but stabbing him will break through his scales. He breathes red hot fire, and a sleeping gas.

Personality: Righteous, loyal, Adventurous, Protective, and appreciation and friendly to those he names as friends, but also distant from those who he hasnt named as friends, and always on guard.

Dragon: Ashlena

Last edited by Heavyman on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:38 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Sounds promising. I'll have to come back later to make a character sheet. But I'll tell you now that I want to be a dragon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:21 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Alright, I'll just be waiting for your character sheet.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:14 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
This looks promising. I'll join, I guess, as a rider to balance Errska. I'll get back to you as well, I have a few ideas to tweak with...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:10 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
i will join, and you'll have my char. sheet soon....

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:51 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
'K, here we go...

Name: Boranor Kireen (Most call him Boar, 'cept dragons)
Height: 6'7''
Weight: 230 lbs
Build: Strong, not too fast, but can take a beating due to his size and mass.
Race: Human
Appearence: With eyes the color of forest green moss, and hair the hue of the darkest roots from the richest soil, many believe him to be born of the earth itself. He has always been large for whatever age he had been, always first to enter his growth. His skin is tanned, though not enough to hide the many scars from his sword training.

Attire: Boar mostly wears light cloathing, not by choice, but the fact that nothing seems natural against his solid bulk. He generally wears a leather tunic and trousers, with chainmail against arrows and especially quick attacks. For his shield he wears a bracer against his right arm, it is a dark device using the powdered bone of an animal to judge it's strength, the stronger the bone, (In this case, usually Rynocerous, Boar doesn't find it right to use dragon) the stronger the magic shield.

Weapons:

Primary: A large greatsword, with the name of Meldimur, it looks like white-silver, with a redish-gold hilt. It contains no magical enhancements, just the will of five generations of battle under the same family.

Secondary: In the case of dire emergency only will he use his longsword. It is the colour of the darkest green, almost black, framed with flame, almost as a forest alight in the dead of night. It has a grate along the hilt, turning the users hand pulpy with blood rather quickly, the upside to this is it's power, it is dark in origin, made with some of the darkest of Chaos magics. Again, he withholds it only until the direst of times.

Magic: Very little Divine.

Personality: Unknowingly cold at times, especially during battle. He cares for others, though rarely showes it except if someone gets through his outershell. He fights for honor, and is not without wit as most think.

Dragon: (Up for grabs.)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:21 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Alright, now we just have to wait for the other Character sheets.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:44 am 
Cererean Princess

General Stuff

Name: Elsindel
Race: Half Elf/Dragon
Char Type: Ranger

Apearance

Height: 5'4
Wingspan: 8 foot
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Originally dark, but dyed Green.
Build: Slender, allows her to strike like a scorpion.
Attire: Light green and brown ranger clothing, light leather armor underneath.

Weapons

Long Range (main): Longbow
Close Combat: Twin Daggers

History: Born to a dragon Mother, she was deposited by a tree and taken in by the dryad. She went to live with her Fathers people when she was eight and learnt the ways of a ranger.

Magic: She can speak to any animal.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 pm 
The king of kings

Location: in my house on the internet.....what a useless question
Name: Stormmaw
Race: Dragon
Char Type: Battle dragon.

Apearance

Height: on back 2 feet:9ft 4 on all fours: 5ft2
Wingspan: 9 foot
Eyes: dark blue
scales: Light blue
Build: Thin but build muscular
Attire: None

Magic: None just a heavy fire breather.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:21 pm 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
Yea it looks like a good twist how you have both the dragon and the rider, i may think about joining this (As well too anoy jishdefish)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:39 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Name:Driz kaze
Height:5’
Build:slim, relying more on speed than strength
Race: Drow
Appearance: Has long pearl coloured hair which is either left down or put in a loose plat (sp). She has reddish brown eyes and a small white marking on her left shoulder frm her clan.

Attire: Wears silvery purple clothes and a silvery prple cloak . She has metal arm bracers with the same white marking as on her left shoulder and matching greaves as well (the sort of bracers that go around your shins). Her shoes are simple, made of leather and look extremely worn out and close to falling apart.

Weapons: Has two black daggers kept on her belt and a number of throwing knives, two attached to each hand brace, a number in a small bag attached to her belt, a couple just simply slid into her belt, two on each greave and others as well. All her weapons have the same white marking of her clan.

Elemental wind Magic.

Personality:Is actually quite a happy and kind person though can have a bit of a temper and has trouble restraining herself from getting into arguments. Rarely holds grudges unless you really tick her of. When someone annoys her she will usually try to annoy them to.

I hope thats ok im really tired right now so ive probably done something really wrong ^^' sorry if i have

Last edited by Akira on Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:34 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Name: Vis
Race: Seraph Dragon

Apearance

Height: 16 ft
Wingspan: 16 ft
Eyes: pale blue
Scales: Grey
Appearence:
Vis for the most part looks like any other dragon save one difference. Instead of having a single pair of wings, Vis has three pairs (hence the Seraph Dragon). When he is in his human form (which is more common for him) Vis stands just over 6 ft. He has grey hair and the same pale blue eyes.
Attire: Loose silk robe consisting of shades of grey.

Magic: a sort of Divine magic

Personality: For the most part, Vis is quiet. Usually he speaks only when spoken to or when he has something important to say. Even then his words are limited.

Rider:

Last edited by Buhamat on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:14 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Just to keep count the score is: 2 Dragons, 4 Riders. I hope we get some more, and not have to share :mrgreen: . Could a dragon carry that much? :lol:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:21 am 
Cererean Princess

Odd. Two dragons, two pureblood humanoids, and two halfbloods.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:07 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

errska said she was gonna be a dragon so there will be three dragons when she gets her charecter sheet up

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:22 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The dragons we got now, are a bit small to carry two riders.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:25 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

If push comes to shove, I edited so that I could possibly carry 2 peeps.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:52 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Ok's, here I go. I've never played the part of a dragon, so if my size is off or anything, please let me know.

Name: Ashlena (Ash-lay-na)

Height: 10'8 at the shoulder; in human form 5'7

Weight: 900 lbs; in human form 135

Wingspan: an even 15 ft

Length: (nose to tail) also an even 15 ft

Build: Slender but muscular and strong; very quick.

Race: Dragon

Appearence: dragon form: She is a light bluish color fading into brown on her belly, feet, and the membrane of her wings. Her scales are not shiny but have a dullish look but are in no way old or weak. Her gender can be easily distinguished by her slender frame. Her face is somewhat triangular (she resembles a raptor). Her eyes are a light brown. She has a few brownish-black feathers at the back of her head. They lay flat but stand up when she is angry or aggitated or curious. human form: She is fair skinned and has the same light brown eyes with brownish-black hair. She has the same slender frame. She wears a blue form-fitting shirt with khaki (?) pants and brown boots. She is unarmed in human form but is still quick on her feet.

Weapons:

Primary: Breathes ice instead of the normal fire.

Secondary: An ability called Divine Wind. A deep rumbling can be heard in her chest as it expands. She releases the air with a mighty roar. The wind and the vibrations of the roar can crack and even uproot trees, easily clearing a path in a forest. It drains her energy greatly. She can only use this attack a maximum of three times in a row with each blast being noticeably weaker than the last. If spread out over a good amount of time, she can use it a little more. She only uses it in emergencies or when severely angered.

Magic: Very little healing magic.

Personality: Sensible, but loves to fight (think bouncy excited). Is curious, sometimes annoyingly so. Is kind to those that grow close to her, but is sometimes unwilling to meet new people. Will do anything to protect those that are close to her. Always puts her heart into everything she does and gives 110% even in love. Has been hurt many times due to this fact. On occassions, she acts like a big kid, but only around her rider. Is somewhat a flirt and is fun-loving.

Rider: Areon

Last edited by Ersska on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:17 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Seems reasonable enough. As for the weight, that gets a little tricky. Human that size would be 115-135 lbs. However, between dragon weight and whether it changes between transformation, i don't know so I just didn't mention it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:23 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

It's accepted, for weight put like, 900 lbs, and no you can't request which rider.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:49 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Crap! *whines and pouts*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:05 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Ok, here it is:

Name: Lily Jane
Height: 5'2''
Race: Elfin
Appearance: Her hair is a light silver that seems almost white unless in the moonlight, she has peircing blue eyes that seemed to see everything around her and her reflexes are highly respected in fighting. she doesnt use a bow often, but she had been trained in it. Her favorite weapon is a dagger she keeps hidden in one of her calve high boots. She mostly wears loose fitting clothes that allow her to conceal small daggers around her waist along with various pouches.

Personality: She is slow to trust people who treat her harshly or give a first impression of violence. Once she has chosen to trust someone, breaking of that trust seems to tear at her soul. She can understand many people worries and troubles by being around them, but can be quick with a smart remark when the occasion arises.

Short History(yes short): She was raised in an isolated part of the woods and never really had contact with others until her mother died and her father took her to live in a small village. Because she never really had a social life she was dubbed an outcast and shunned by most of the people she would have otherwise befriended. She made one true friend, but they died from a strange sickness when Lily Jane was 97. Lilly Jane mostly stayed near the wise elders after that and father worried she would pull into herself. After a while she began to try and find her place in the society, slowly started to trust neighbors, then traders. She would have probably started to seem normal until a group of men came into the village. Lily Jane got to know one of the men and he started to get nearer to her and her father. One night he came to their house and killed Lily Jane's father. She escaped, but she never trusted anyone as freely again.

Weapons: three small daggers at her waist, one dagger in her boot

Magic: Elemental-could you have void, that's a good element, very useful

Dragon:

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:41 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

we got 5 riders, but only 3 dragons, I'm not starting until we have enough dragons....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:43 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

void is not an element, void is vacuum, it's absolutely nothing. I don't know how people could even consider 'void' or vacuum as an element....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:40 am 
Solitary Serpent

You could always just simply ask if one of the riders would be willing to change their character to a dragon.

Offline Profile