Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:38 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:14 pm 
Matrix Operator

Human except for the tooth issue.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:42 am 
Knowledgable Viking

Here is roks axe for any needing a mental image to see hwo he does some stuff with it

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:37 am 
Matrix Operator

I thinking of leavingn this RP, the Unbelievability Levels are reaching an all-time high.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

ok so when a vampire changes, only his teeth change? before i bring my character back into the story, i would like to learn some things about wizards and vampires. when you use magic it drains your strength right? ok so my character would be somewhere weak right now. does magic grow over time? do vampires really have extrodinary strength? i think i need to talk to someone about these kind of things. Falconer, it seams like you know alot about that kind of stuff. what would you say?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

8) 8) 8)
A vampire is marked by their prominent canine teeth, usually about 1.5 inches in length, their paler skin, and their refusal to eat human food. Otherwise they are identical to humans, and they use this to their advantage.
Majic is ruled by a handful of rules that are not very clear. One characteristic is that speaking some kind of spell or incantation is required, though a few experienced mages are reported as casting spells without speaking. Another characteristic is that unless one has Connected to an element (earth, air, fire, water, energy), the energy for a spell must come from the mage himself. Connection to an element is a forgotten art, although rumors that the Spear of Destiny is the key to Connecting. The energy used by majic is standard bodily energy, such as you use when running, jumping, etc.
Vampiral strength is enhanced, but their energy reserves are like ours. They are capable of immense strength, but tire quickly when doings so. Rather like shooting out water as 50mph instead of 10 (from a hose), but using the same 50 gallon tank.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:28 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

thanks. i think that i have to get some more info on them before he comes back. and can't vampires move like really fast, faster than a werewolf?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 am 
Matrix Operator

There are unconfirmed rumors to that effect, but enhanced speed doesn't appear to be a trait common to vampires. They react quickly, so they can have an illusion of high speed.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:34 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

ok then, i think that i still need more info before Septrus comes back. i'm going to do some web searching.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:01 pm 
Matrix Operator

Complete list of elements in magic:
Energy (defend with water)

Earth (defend with wind)

Air/Wind (defend with earth)

Fire (defend with water/ice)

Water/Ice (defend with fire)

Darkness (default magic of vampires and ghosts- defend with light)

Light (hardest spells to control- defend with darkness)

Quantum Shifts (Used to manipulate the space-time continuum; unusable by all but the Sumpreme Vampire Lord- no defense available, except through phase-shifting technology)

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:59 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

ok so Septrus's magic would be dark? what if his parents used energy magic before they got killed? would septrus be able to use that magic and dark magic? or are people limited to just one?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:00 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Oh yeah, thanks Falconer. You've helped alot. I've started the story over again following Tobias.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:40 pm 
Matrix Operator

Most mages can do a wide variety of weak spells, one need only worry about elemental assaults with a mage that has Connected. Septrus is a vampire so unless he can Connect (which is highly unlikely) his magic is the element darkness.

FYI: If a Connected mage enchants an amulet, anyone wearing it is temporarily Connected to the element of thee mage jeweller.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:45 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

so vampires can't connect unless they have an amulet? then they would be limited to dark magic? what kind of things does dark magic include? like killing people, raising the dead? things like that?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:24 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

hey would you guys mind if a friend joined? hes a good friend of mine, and he's been asking what i do on here. just told him about this story really and about the forums and stuff like that, he said he'd like to join this story.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:47 pm 
Matrix Operator

Nobody will mind. Hope he's human.

Elemental spells are strange, actually. Each is different from the other in two ways:
:arrow: Contact with one's element strengthens one's mana energy. Contact with an opposing element weakens one's mana.

:arrow: Dark magic is what is used for specific spells such as raising the dead, summoning spirits, etc. It is also usable for generic non-specific spells.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:29 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

ok, so Septrus would need an amulet made by a mage in order to use the mage's type of magic, like if a mage made an amulet with earth and Septrus used it, he would have earth magic and dark magic?

great i'll tell him to sign up. and to make a human.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:22 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Ok I made Rok's original storyline up on the spot with no real thinking through. This time I thought about him so he will be redone:

Name: Rok
Weapon: Modern Recurve Crossbow. Also has the ability to guide moving objects with his mind and a skill with all things long range.
Appearance: Slightly baggy jeans and a dark green t-shirt with nothing on it. He also wears his favorite pair of sneakers when not hunting. When hunting he goes barefoot. He is covered in tatoos of animals and trees. Also his hair is short and bright blonde.

Also just for falconer. The reason he has a crossbow is because personally I dislike guns and also because his shotgun got lost somewhere.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:31 am 
Matrix Operator

Why not guns? And where in the universe do you get a T-shirt with no logo?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:28 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i have several blank t-shirts. but i didn't get that descriptive about my guy. hmm lets see, my guy has blue jeans on, not baggy but not small. straight leg (better mobility) black adidas shoes, and a blue tank-top. blank blue baseball cap. and one tattoo of a cross on his left arm. he still has he twin .45's and barrett M107. i think that he'll have a five piece set of throwing knives too. for silence. ;)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:29 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

I dislike guns because they are loud and ammo is not reusable without melting down and recasting.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:47 pm 
Matrix Operator

alaskan_dragon wrote:
i have several blank t-shirts. but i didn't get that descriptive about my guy. hmm lets see, my guy has blue jeans on, not baggy but not small. straight leg (better mobility) black adidas shoes, and a blue tank-top. blank blue baseball cap. and one tattoo of a cross on his left arm. he still has he twin .45's and barrett M107. i think that he'll have a five piece set of throwing knives too. for silence. ;)

That's a lot of weapons. I feel sorry for the guy that attacks you.

Just for clarity:
The vampires in this game aren't full-fledged. They can be killed just like people are killed, have no magic, etc. The true vampires are the Vampire Lord Koronis, and his ten officers. (Yes I'm making that up off the top of my head. I'll assume Dragonrider'll go with it. But thousands of full-fledged vampires is too scary to use.)

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:32 am 
Cererean Princess

You are not backing up. I've just done a time freeze for the moment. I can only get on the computer at weekends.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

So... the RP is frozen?

And we backed up because the events were getting unrealistic.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:06 am 
Cererean Princess

Well... soap operas can bring people back from the dead, a magical RP should be able to do much more.

And it would have been better if you had edited a post just after mine to say that. I didn't read all three pages for nothing.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:32 pm 
Matrix Operator

Sorry, my bad. :oops:

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next