Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:55 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:36 am 
The Corruption

*DayDream* wrote:
LoyalReaperDragon wrote:
nice but still dragons are intellgent cause earlier you said they were just animals im sorry but that is wrong!

First of all, sorry about that double post thingie up there... I have no clue why it got up there twice, but I can't delete the second. Oh well, you'll live. :wink: So, you say dragons are intelectual. I personally disagree, but if you have any reasons why you think so, I'm listening. My reasons for disagreeing, I believe God made us different from all other animals. Of course other animals are smart, but we, I believe, are the only creatures out there that are as you would say, "intelectual". Alrighty, there you go. However, we may have the religion factor with some; may not believe all I do, but these are just my thoughts. :)

Beware of using "because God said so" as a justification. Anyone can say it, but few can actually give a logical arguement to back it up.

Humans are perhaps the stupidest of all animals because we fail to recognize the intelligence of others. Europeans once thought the Incans and the Aztecs to be just subhuman animals because "God said so" and now we realize only later that they are actually quite smart.
We are constantly finding how we've underestimated the intelligence of animals. Chimps use tools. Rats dream. Dolphins can paint (though without human hands it's hard for them). Termites build edifices at least 100 times they're size.

And when you look at the achievements of the human race, we are mostly taught how to use our technology from birth. When you were born, you did not build a computer, cell phone and you did not rediscover Einstein's equation by yourself. All the human intelligence we have today is the result of only a few geniuses and only proven true by the average idiot.

Have you ever seen a drunk person? You can't exactly call that God given intelligance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:06 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
*MTV*

Might I also add, that if you are indeed going to bring in the whole "Because God said so" arguement, to keep in mind that he created this huge, gigormantic thing called the universe. This universe is mostly empty, and, I don't know about anyone else, but putting semi-intelligent life on this planet alone seems to me that it is a huge waste of universe...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:45 am 
Lone Wolf

its pretty ovious that god created other ones maybe not his favoirites like us but others

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

LoyalReaperDragon wrote:
... maybe not his favoirites like us but others

How can you possibly know that? You contacted other intelligent life forms, conducted a survey about who got the greatest number "miracles" and who got the greatest number of gawdly "apparitions" and concluded that humans were god's favorite pet.

It remind me of something on Losing my religion
<tt>"God says do what you wish, but make the wrong choice and you will be tortured for eternity in hell. That sir, is not free will. It would be akin to a man telling his girlfriend, do what you wish, but if you choose to leave me, I will track you down and blow your brains out. When a man says this we call him a psychopath and cry out for his imprisonment. When god says the same we call him 'loving' and build churches in his honor."</tt>

My point is: Thou shalt not define how thy god worketh. Thou cannot know.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:25 pm 
The Corruption

Tempest, according to the Bible humans are God's favorite pet. That's why his only son Jesus was made in man's image instead of a cockroach or something. Don't ask me for exact quotes, I don't know. So I could possibly be wrong on that.

Wow. I love how this topic just went from debating the existance of dragons to the workings of God.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:13 pm 

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
Humans are his favorite on THIS planet. Knowing man will never be able to contact any other intelligent life, God said "sure you're my favorite"...

Kind of like an uncle says to his nephew when asked who his favorite is. It's always the one asking who is favored...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:05 am 
The Corruption

...unless the uncle is extremely blunt like me. Only I'm not an uncle.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:31 pm 
Lone Wolf

o well lets end religion talk before tempest brings the smack down

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:44 pm 

Religion was so last post. Now we're talking about uncles...

If you ever give an uncle enough alcohol, some fire works, and a lighter, then the fun REALLY begins...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:32 am 
Lone Wolf

my uncle is quiet but get him mad and bam i suggest you have a life insurance policy taken out :wacko:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:43 am 
Site Admin

Off Topic

Thread Locked

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3