Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:43 pm

Post subject: Help please?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:51 am 
I need help for a major report, and need ALL information possible!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:33 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

into on what? What is your planned idea on the report?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:44 am 
British Redcoat

give credit! do an anthology :)

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:09 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

if it's dragons, just type "Dragon" in google search, you'll get about 47 million results, that should be enough info.
47 MILLION!!! :shock:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:40 am 

I am really trying to stop him from getting to much information for the report. You can really to wrong with it. And he didn't even say dragons. He could be doing a report over a bunch of dragon geeks. ;) And trust me going over board on information does not help.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:24 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
he could be doing a report on anything from aphitheres(sp?) to Zaphod Beeblebrox aoo stop trying to guess it will get u nowhere

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:51 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
CCS77: I think you're best bet is to do a report over Zaphod Beeblebrox...

He is, after all, the president of the universe...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:46 pm 
Silver sorceress

i agree with that entirely he even has 2 heads so if u interview him ull get 2 sides of the story

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Help please?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:20 am 
Site Admin

CCS77 wrote:
I need help for a major report, and need ALL information possible!!!

While we're generally friendly people who like to help others, it's difficult to respond to your question if you do not tell us what kind of information you are looking for. I suppose you are asking information about dragon but what kind of information? Are you interested in legends? In myths? The origins of dragons? Western? Eastern? How dragons were viewed across the ages (antiquity, medieval, renaissance...)?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:58 pm 

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
Hey Wut2say, did you know that Douglas Adam's initials were DNA? (Douglas Noel Adams)

But wait, there's more!!!

Not only were his initials DNA, but, get this, he graduated from Cambridge University!!! (that's where DNA was discovered)...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:11 pm 
Silver sorceress

where do u find this stuff? google?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:31 pm 

Somewhat...

Our english teacher decided to keep us little snots busy one day, so she could read, and made us do a report on someone who has greatly influenced us. I choose Douglas Adams for two reasons...

1) His books, movie, ect...

2) Our teacher hated free thought, and I realized that he was practically the king of it.

So I did my report and found a bunch of nifty stuff...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:54 pm 
Silver sorceress

i really dont like the movie it ruins the whole book!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: have u read the salmon of doubt? that is an great book(its the 6th book in the hitchhikers trilogy) and theres a lot of free thought in it 2

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:05 am 

Yeah, I have...

I think my favorite part was actually the short story before it, called "The private life of Gengis Khan".

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:01 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
If youve never had the brains too read the movie had some good laughs but if youve read the book the movie shrivils in comparison as with any movie-book remake. :roll:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:43 am 

I know that...

I didn't say I liked the movie better, I simply said I liked the movie...

You can like both cake and ice cream, but you could favor ice cream more than cake...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:55 am 

Just watch the BBC TV series. It follows the books almost word for word. They are freaking great. I wish they kept it going and didn't just stop. The movie did have its points, as long as you don't compare it to the books.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:51 pm 
Silver sorceress

i always compare movies 2 the books

lioke when the lion the witch and the wardrobe came out:
do u kno how much stuff they changed or left out of the movie?its insane!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:18 pm 

I NEVER compare to the book, because I know if I did, I would be disappointed. I actually make sure when I see a book based movie coming out, I purposely advoid reading or thinking about the movie's book...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:26 pm 
Silver sorceress

i cant do that part of my life is to compare book and movies
i still enjoy the movies though, i just ruin it for everyone else by stating differences between them

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:51 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Harry potter 3 was really bad they did not really explain how everyone knew each other in the past nor did they explain the nicknames that were on the marauders map! If you didnt read the book you would be totally lost!!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:02 pm 
Silver sorceress

yeah that ones a really good example

it was like the exact opposite of the first which was almost exactly the same!

:evil: :P 8) :twisted: :wink: :shock:

Offline Profile