Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:27 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
Yeah, Chalgrish has a point. Every species I've come in contact with HAS to have mitochondria in it. This includes dragons.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:56 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Bah!! say what you want you have nothing to back it up!!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:59 am 

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
They have to have it, or else they would have no need to eat...

Mitochondria converts organic matter (food) into energy in the form of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate). Without ATP, the cells could create no nucleic acids, and could therefore never replenish DNA because there would be nothing to copy the genetic signal to...

Sorry for the learning... :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:10 am 
Tightwad

:? :?: how can you be so smart, yet sooooo stupid at the same time?! Malchios does it too, and so does makla.....but you beat them both.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:49 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Well what I am suggesting is kind of out-of-the-box: what if a creature(not necesarilly a dragon) had a completly different system with a different way of receiving energy like SOLAR POWER!!! It can work for machines so why not another creature? :wink:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:58 pm 

Well Chalgrish, I guess to answer your question, it's the simple fact that...

(smart me) I cannot remain so "intelligent" all the time. If I were to, I would start to suffer cronic depression again. I found that being a complete mindless idiot sometimes releases the stress. If you can recall, Einstein did the same thing...

(crazy me) I am possessed by a ghost...

And Jishdefish, solar power wouldn't work without Mitochondria because

(smart me) If you think about plants that are not carnivorous, they too, rely on the Sun's energy. However, they contain Mitochondria just as any animal does...

(crazy me) Ghosts have no physical Mitochondria...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:16 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

JUST BECAUSE WE HAVEN"T RUN ACROSS A CREATURE WITHOUT MITICHONDREA DOESN"T MEAN IT DOESN"T EXIST!!!!! THERE IS A WHOLE UNIVERSE OUT THERE!!! SO HAH!!!! :evil: :evil:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:12 pm 

There are some cells that don't contain any mitochondria. However, these are called Eukaryotes, and contain no distinguishable organelles. Without organelles, a cell cannot evolve, and dies quite quickly...

So, yes, there are creatures with only one Eukaryotic cell, however, they are the simplest of organisms, and would not become a multicellular organism, no matter how much time goes by, unless it were to gain organelles in the process of evolution...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:51 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Finally a statement with some sense; as i say nothing is impossible

Offline Profile