Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:52 am

Post subject: Dragon Deciple without blood relation?? Is this possible??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:19 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
As said above.......

I am trying to create a character but am having trouble with that part of the storyline and am trying to find a way around it............Any suggestions or comments would be helpful!! :cry:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:47 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

First a hug for a real RP question.

Well the problem is you need the "dragon blood" to gain the powers you gain. But your character does not need to know he has a past ancestor who was a dragon. I would suggest writing in a dragon who has befriended your family for generations, and has taken a liking to you. And through his/her teachings you learn how to activate the inner powers that lay dormant in you. Or your character could have seen another dragon disciple, and feels an inner strive to attain that type of power. But it really depends on how your DM feels on that. And anyway that is a fifth level character startup, you can use that time to use the ideas I put in. And if your DM fusses just tell him/her "very few races are 100% pure blood in the long run, my character could have unknown dragon blood in them."

I hope that helped. I never really played one myself, I am more of a rogue, cleric or wizard man myself.

And if you want more help with that, go to www.dndonlinegames.com it is a great online roleplaying site. It has a lot of players, DMs and an online dice roller for posts. I go by the same name there as I do here.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:00 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
dont think me picky or anything but I am trying to make a warforged dragon deciple and they dont really have families

my Dm doesnt really like all the ifyness about all things being decended from dragons and such so i am trying to find a feat to make myself able to become a dragon deciple

Sorry for being so vague :oops:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:58 am 

Well I would have needed that info before hand. Well there is a large number of problems with warforged and classes like that. Personally I would rule that not possible. The warforged is just not able to do that. And with the "leave dragons alone" line in the Eberron handbook (pg. 24) I would leave the class alone completely. Plus I don't think a warforged can speak anything other than common. (with speak draconic being a requirement.) No bonus languages listed, and I rule only they can be chosen from high Int and the speak language skill.

But you could try "The Reforged" class in "The races of Eberron". It makes the warforged a true living creature. And if the it had some levels of sorcerer, and had taken the "Draconic heritage" feat in "Complete Arcane". It can be ok, maybe. But that would take a number of levels and a start from scratch.

Another idea is you were made of dragon scales, and other dragon parts. That may have left enough behind to help you through.

But still as a DM I would just rule it out and put my foot down on the area. I don't want to speak for your DM though. Good luck.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:32 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Hmm do you have any links with those feats because Ive been googleing for those feats but just came up blank.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:56 am 

The are not under OGL yet. So they can not be printed online. Try to find someone with the books or search through the books at a gaming store.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:46 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Ah okay thanks for all the help!!! :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:04 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
WAIT!!! A MAGIC SWORD!!! IT'S SO ORIGINAL!!! :thwack:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:29 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Firuweata wrote:
WAIT!!! A MAGIC SWORD!!! IT'S SO ORIGINAL!!! :thwack:

yeah original not exactly the word i would use i would use something more like obvious :poke: :!:

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:53 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

O-kay :? ........kinda lost here................

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:31 am 

they have no idea on what you are trying. Did your DM let you do it? I still think it can not be done. There are a lot of better classes to play with. What part are you really wanting to get from it? I may can lead you to a better idea.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:28 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Jishdefish, if you ask me, since this is a roleplay charecter then anything is possible. But then agian, in this world anything is possible anyway. :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

I still have yet to ask him. what I am asking is about the 'Magic Sword' :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:14 pm 
Tightwad

they're talking about DnD, you nut.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:48 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Yeah but what does that have to do with dragon deciples :!: :!: :eyebrow:

Offline Profile