Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:07 pm

Are Dragons Dangerous?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 10 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 45%  45%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Are dragons for us or against us?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:34 pm 
Matrix Operator

What I want to know is, if I directly confront a dragon, should I talk to it, run like heck, or shoot at it, or what?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:37 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i think that if threatened or provoked a dragon will become dangerous, but normally they're passive. so i think you could try to talk to it - you might get eaten but oh wtf

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:42 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
i think that the best thing to do if you run into a dragon is to stay still until it starts to understand that you dont want to harm it, and then bakc away quickly, do not pass go do not take a picture

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:58 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

oh oh i have seen a dragon once!! no not really as if a dragon could POSSIBLY not see me im 6'4" and weigh in at about 250lbs.Thats like not seeing a 20 foot tall pine in the middle of some corn stalks. But anyway you could always do what i do when i mean to approch an animal(sorry to those of you who think dragons are pure geniuses).

1. Do not stare at them
2. Make moderate noise. Do not try to make very little noise or be very loud.
3. When you are roughly 2 arm lengths away. Squat down lokk slightly towards the ground and hold out your hand palm up and if you know any maybe sing a very VERY soft tune

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:25 am 
Matrix Operator

But should I expect to be recognized as a human? What reaction should I expect(assuming dragons are intelligent)? Hostility, acceptance, or just indifference? :?:

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:07 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Well, I should guess it would be something like this:

If dragons are:

Unintelligent: Hatchlings that are still small may regard you as a new playmate or a potential threat.

Grown dragons that have never seen a human may be curious, indifferent or regard you as a potential threat and become hostile or run away

Intelligent: Hatchlings: See above hatchling description.

Grown dragons may observe you until they decide yay or nay on you threat level. Possibly try and communicate with you or ,and i quote, " Oh :swear:, One found me I have to tell (insert leadership of dragons here) !!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:40 am 
British Redcoat

Run. Like. Hell :)

Best solution for everyone unsure of what to do around large killing predators.

Or take gold...or anything 'treasure' considered - dump it and run

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:05 am 
Cererean Princess

Dragons are dangerous. Just like anything. Project a mental image. Do not show fear.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:46 pm 
Draconis Norvegicus

Location: On a small blue and green planet somewere in the milky way.
If you meet any hatchlings, then you should just stay away. If there are hatchlings then their parents are probably close, and most animal parents can get pretty agresive if they consider you a threat for their hatchlings.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:27 pm 
Silver sorceress

some hatchlings may not know that you may be a danger. since they are just hatchlings they probably never had human contact so they wont be a fraid. they may treat you like a dragon(which amy be bad considering that we dont have scales or anything if they decide to use their claws on us.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:32 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Location: In a Knucker hole on the other side of the rainbow.
personally, i think the dragon would think your mentally insane if you did anything like you would do if a bear or any other wild animal spotted you. on the other hand, some dragons aren't that smart.... :?

running like hell might provoke its interest in you as a delightful snack or a great new toy... :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:25 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Well dragons are against evil people who want to harm them and look after people who want to protect them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:43 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Location: In a Knucker hole on the other side of the rainbow.
i agree with that Yoshiman.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Dragons
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:57 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dragons are like humans. They can be dangerous if they are attacked or provoked. It also depends on personality,

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:03 pm 
Cererean Princess

Dead

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:47 pm 
Silver sorceress

i wouldnt necessarily compare them to humans. dragons are a bit more connected to nature than us so there is quite a large gap between their knowledge extent and ours(the greater going to the dragons) unless we are talking about the hatchlings, then we are about equal.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 am 
Cererean Princess

It's been dead for 6 posts!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:06 pm 
Matrix Operator

Yeah... Don't revive dead topics Believer... I'm not that interesting... Hide it before Chalgrish sees the dead topic revived! :shock:

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:46 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

I CHOOSE NO AND HUMANS LOVE SILVER DRAGONS

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:32 pm 
British Redcoat

Really? -smirks- :lol:

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:16 am 
Matrix Operator

THIS TOPIC IS DEAD!!!!!!!!

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:28 pm 
British Redcoat

Down Falconer!

Geez, blind me with the big text why don't you? If it's dead, you don't say anything/post anything. Mmkay?

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:06 pm 
Godsin Queen

Oh, dear me!

In order from most living to dead, acording to how long it's left alone.

one day:Alive and well

2days: Still healthy

3days: still good

4days: still good

5days: going bad

6days: lossing life quick

7days: almost there!

Anything past a week: old and wrinkled and can only be brought back up with conciderate care.

a year: It's dead and can't ever come back!

and thats it right there.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:07 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

If you are actually confronted by a real dragon, it usually means it sensed you are suitably unrighteous-enough to be devoured, and you will simply join the statistics of the hundreds of thousands of people who "vanish" without a trace of the face of the earth every year.

Running will not help, it will out run you. If it notices you have a gun, it probably would not have confronted you in the first place, for although you cannot hurt it, a gun will attract attention, and any dragon who unnecesarily brings attention to himself in these modern times will likely be denied future visits to the our world for several years, and must subsist on manna until the restriction is lifted. This is why they are so secretive these days and usually prowl on only the darkest, moonless nights. If you have one of those phone cameras, don't even think about taking a picture or you're dead.

If you are in an isolated area,without anyone else around, the dragon may converse with you before eating you, especially if you are wearing difficult to remove, high lace boots. You will be asked to remove them along with any bulky or indigestible clothng items like plastic raincoats. It is at that time you may be able to give the dragon a good reason for not eating you. They enjoy flattery. In my own experince, I have found that convincing the dragon that you would be of more value to him by offering to write his memoirs, than being a quick snack is a succesful strategem, providing the dragon believes you can competently accomplish the task. You may be asked if you are already a published author, and your educational background.

I doubt you would ever encounter a "hatchling". It is my understanding there have been no hatchlings here since the Cretaceous, and apparently no necessity for females either, since that time as well. Since their own "selection" before the KT event, no dragon has ever died, so there is no need for more to reproduce. It is much the same with the puny humanoid angels, recruited from mankind to assist the dragons ca. 4600 B.C. when it was determined dragons made poor messengers to, and firsthand observers of human activity due to their frightening appearance.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:35 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
srry to pepl who think ded but there should b a sorta buton cause as many hav said dragons dagerous 2 those who wish harm or value from or apon them

PS i hav awsome pic & ff charecter :wink: :roll: 8) :D

Offline Profile