Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

Post subject: hello there
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

hello, i'm... what did i name myself... *glances up* BeneathTheStarlight36. it seems pretty quiet around here. o.o

i don't think i know anybody here, you might know me by a few other names, like ArterialBlack716, CosmicStarsAbove, and (on a site that no longer exists) StarlightAurora.

-

i look forward to posting here, especially if a few more people start posting, too; and if you want to ask me anything else, feel free to do so. ^^ no matter what you have to say, i definitely say stranger things daily.

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: hello there
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:18 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Hello starlight, please enjoy this plate of cookies. *holds out cookie tray* We are all still here, somewhere, we are just in the middle of a napping session, we will be back to our normal chaos...eventually. Now, onto questions. If you feel comfortable please explain the following terms, regardless of how inane they seem for e to be asking about: otherkin and dragon kin, thanks. Welcome to the boards

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:56 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Hello BeneathTheStarlight36, I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Dragnix as much as we all do... even though some of us are still resting. >_>

How can one not Like Space and the universe it is in?? After all there are so many things that the universe has hidden in it that we still only barely grasp... and still it surprises us. (Plus stars cover our night sky and give beauty in the night.)

Cool to see a Dragon-Otherkin joined Dragnix, I've joined a few sites that holds Draconic-Otherkin as well so don't ever feel alone as far as being a Dragon-Otherkin here.

As For Questions, I would ask how your Awakening was, but I feel that it's a bit too soon lol.

Again I hope your stay in Dragnix is great and as enjoyable for you as much as it was for me. :)

PS: Don't eat any baked goods... for the toxins of poisons have corrupted them.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:44 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Hello BeneathTheStarlight36,

Nice to meet you, here have a welcome cupcake *hands Starlight a cupcake*... oops that one was from the poisoned batch ... can't have you eating that one, ah here we are this one "shouldn't" be poisoned *Takes previous cupcake and replaces it with an identical one* but just in case here is a thingamawhosawhatsit that I use to remove all poisons from baked goods... so far I've only become seriously ill *hands Starlight a weird device that has a detector on one end and a display on the other*

Hope you enjoy your stay here it is a pleasure to have you with us

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Quote:
Don't eat any baked goods... for the toxins of poisons have corrupted them.
Quote:
Hello starlight, please enjoy this plate of cookies. *holds out cookie tray*
Quote:
here have a welcome cupcake
i'm scared to. O.o

-

besides the poisoning attempts, thank you all for the polite welcomes!

oh yeah! question: the rules say not to bring back threads where the last post is more than three weeks old. i think i counted two threads to which that applies. is the rule still in place?

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:29 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
I wouldn't call those attempts... they were more like poisoning "accidents" that seem to always occur around new members...

And for the reviving old threads I'd say anything with the last post over 6 months ago is probably a better estimate at this time rather than three weeks... especially if the post is bringing new opinions/information to the table and invites further discussion

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:55 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i've belonged to other forums in the past/present, where a lot of new members join, make maybe five posts, and then disappear. maybe that's the problem; all of our food supplies were poisoned when we gave them out. IT'S A CONSPIRACY

I ALWAYS KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN; OH, THINK OF THE LAWSUITS - THEY'RE POISONING OUR RATIONS! FIGHT THE POWER!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH :poke:

:arrow:

anyway, tomorrow's Friday, and then we've got the weekend, so since i can bring back older threads, i'll probably, probably, make a few more posts then. hopefully what i have to say (in some more serious moments) will spark some new discussion and interest! i love getting people's minds working.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Remember the subject line
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:40 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Welcome aboard to the ship that refuses to sink... Don't worry about the cakes. The poison does not affect dragons, or was it the other way around...

{rant}
60% of all the users that registers here ends up posting less than 10 posts. A common scenario for a Internet forum. ~10 new registered users last 12 months however is not. There is no one to replace the ones that leave. I think the main reason for this is bad site design. Just take a look at the main page (turn down the volume thou, it's from the auto play music age). Oh and this has displayed "403 Access forbidden" for a decade. If you force the people here to think they admit they are not here for the dragons anymore. RP's is the main game.
{/rant}

I will crawl back to my cave now.
My next work is a dragon hanging on a hot air balloon in COLORS!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:27 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

BeneathTheStarlight36 wrote:
i'm scared to. O.o

drakel: my awakening was quite random/unique, i think. i randomly began feeling like an animal inside. i, in a very non-spiritual state, just conceived the idea that my soul was non-human, and in time i found out it was draconic. almost nothing has ever felt more "right" than that decision. also, cool to know there are other active dragons on here!

besides the poisoning attempts, thank you all for the polite welcomes!

oh yeah! question: the rules say not to bring back threads where the last post is more than three weeks old. i think i counted two threads to which that applies. is the rule still in place?

Don't be scared...

Cool to see that your awakening was great for you. :)

No, I'm not really a Dragonkin, or at least I don't think I am ATM... I've just met a lot of them and became good friends with some of them. I might be one later, but I still never had a true awakening.... just thought and ponder at times... nothing worth making me believe yet.

No problem, I hope your stay is long and joyful for you.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:37 pm 
Cererean Princess

Ahem. *brings out cookie-maker with AutoPoison disabled* Please accept my gift.

As a general rule of thumb, don't try ressurecting threads that are not on the first page of a forum. When a forum can go for 3 weeks without a single post, there's no real point following the letter of the law (the *spirit* of the rules, on the other hand...)

As for the Dragonkin thing... hmmm. I personally don't believe in reincarnation, but if I were to debate that philosophically, it would end up veering into a religion discussion (I follow the Nazarene Rabbi, by the way), which is against the rules... :wink:

Offline Profile