Yes 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Merging poerty/story section with the Artwork forum
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

I'm toying with an idea, it's not perfect so I will make a little poll to see what kind of potential problems people can see in this.

It's not really a secret that I'm trying to get the Artistic section folks to use the message board a little more often instead of using the gallery as a message board and at the same time, I have a little problem with the story and poetry section because these sections are manually coded in html without the possibility to leave feedbacks.

So after pondering this, I thought that maybe I could simply post poems and stories directly on the message board and put a link to them via the poetry/stories page.

On the down side, the everything on the Artworks forum would be pushed back a few pages as new threads are created.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Merging poerty/story section with the Artwork forum
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:06 pm 
G.E.E.K.

I'm all up for it.
This place has become a ghost town, and doing something like this will bring much needed members to the Forums.

As to the Arts section, you can (temporarily) sticky (or get someone to) a few of the more prominent (or recent) topics. (I'd like mine to be on this list. I've got a good 15 or 16 poems to post there and don't feel like hunting it down.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:33 pm 
Matrix Operator

One does not simply "walk" into the Arts section. There is evil there that does not sleep.

...Forget it. I don't think forcing users to use the forum for their artwork posting is a good idea.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:41 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Falconer wrote:
One does not simply "walk" into the Arts section. There is evil there that does not sleep.

...Forget it. I don't think forcing users to use the forum for their artwork posting is a good idea.

True, however, they are using the Artwork Section as a message board which in turn slows things down over there. Tempest's idea is a solution to the problem, so unless a better one makes itself known then I say it is worth a shot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:00 pm 
Wandering Dragon

I agree with Kojack there. I did notice that they were using the section as a message board. Ive not been on the art section in a very long time, I really need to give some new drawings in over there. But anyway, if its just merging the poetry and story part and not the whole drawing thing, then it should be ok. It does seem that the art section and here are two completely seperate message boards, and they are in a way. Im assuming we will have lots of new people here from there?

Offline Profile