Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:01 am

Post subject: Re: Authors in our midst!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:51 am 
Godsin Queen

people! that's my department! i'll write down the desciption, and see what i can do. but it'll be about a week before i can post it. my scaner is at home away from the internet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:15 am 
Wandering Dragon

@Falconer: Werewolves like this...
Image Image

@Tempest: Thats a great story, I definitely want to read it!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:20 pm 
Matrix Operator

That first one... can you draw him holding two weapons, something like a cutlass blade strapped onto each arm, extending from the elbow to about a foot past the hand?

This is golden.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:49 pm 
Wandering Dragon

:D :lol: lol, I suppose I could. Hes only a little sketch, about 13cm in height on the paper! Is a cutlass blade the same as one of those pirate sort of swords, with the curved thing round the handle? That werewolf is drawn in black and blue pen, I could do him in just black if you like....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

Dark gray.

Uh... cutlass.... *thinks for moment* Imagine a long, curving, single-edged blade that tapers to a poin on the front and back..

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:04 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Unbelievable, I must be psychic! I have just done a sketch, about 10 mins ago, before I came on comp, and thats exactly what ive drawn! Ive been meaning to design a weapon similar to this for ages, the feature with the blade going down the forearm was always a particular point with the idea. Ill have to get a pic of it later, do you want that EXACT werewolf that ive drawn (I can trace it) or you can ask for specific physical details?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:07 pm 
Matrix Operator

Similair overall appearance, but a more human physique, and a straighter back, if you don't mind... :)

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:45 am 
Wandering Dragon

So, well, after the huge responses we got from our authors here, is there anyone who is thinking about actually publishing their works?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:12 am 
Matrix Operator

Constantly. As soon as mine's finished and transferred to a computer file, I'm gonna start pitching agents.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:25 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Sorry to bring this one back up, but it was going quite well! Has anyone else got any closer to publishing yet?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 pm 
Matrix Operator

If by closer you mean closer to having something to publish... yes. Closer to getting a lead... no.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm 
Cererean Princess

My english teacher suggested simply writing to a publisher that publishes the sort of stories you write, and someone will get back to you. Possibly.

I'm a couple of pages off finishing the draft version of my story featuring Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, collapsed civilisation... and it's not very big. The werewolves and vampires can'r change back, as the tech DARPA used to splice the Wolven genome onto it's soldiers doesn't allow it.

I'm finished a couple of very short (3-4 pages) stories, including 'The Short Diary of an Amateur Zombie Hunter', which I hope to publish in a magazine.

I've also got Cyberchase on the go, and Rift (which I hope to cowrite), and plenty of others... I've also got the rough story sketch for a story detailing Dracophobia once Dragons are revealed to the modern world. Plus a few story ideas rattling around in my head, including (but not limited too) a story where a group of people get teleported to Gliese 581d/a planet orbiting a nearsolar Brown Dwarf. I'll go for the latter, as it allows conversations with Terra (they'll be seperated by less than a lightmonth). I've also got an awesome idea for a story where everyone this person knows disappears, and it's a game being played by some supernatural entity, and they have to traverse worlds to find them, with every world the pass giving them a life, which they can either horde (meaning they won't out of the game if killed) or traded in for one person.

Offline Profile