Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:59 pm

Post subject: Dreams
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:11 am 
Cererean Princess

I had a really weird dream(s) recently. One of the odd things was that they were in First person.

First Dream
It started off I was a human male sitting in the seats around this arena that had little white balls in. Then the balls began to dissolve in some liquid that was rising over them.
Then a female vampire came and started shooting at everyone. Someone yelled to hide under the seats so I did. Everyone got killed (I think) so I surrendered. Me and the vampire said something about the Geneva convention for some reason (Vamps haven't signed it). We were walking along some streets that had the buildings at weird angles.
Then this older male vampire came along. Then I had to do something to save people and got turned into a female vampire. We were standing on/near some water. The to other vampires said something about an antidote but decided not to give it to me. Then I was told it was awesome being a female vampire and the other female vamp said something about eyeliner.

Next Dream
I was a human male again driving along a country road. Every so-often I could see this huge brain through a gap in the bushes (anyone seen the Ood brain out of Doctor Who?). I pulled off into the bushes and walked/drove towards it.
There was an electric fence around the brain. Weird creatures on either side of it were trying to make a hole in the side of the fence.
A hole was made and I went through. I had to jump around on barrels that were standing up through water with a load of other people. Someone, cold have been me said that if you do something you become a female vampire. There were buildings? that I could jump too. I jumped to one and ended up at the same place? that I'd been at when I was told being a female vampire was awesome. Then I turned back into a female vampire.

Dream After That
I was in a weird city that looked like one out of Prince of Persia. I don't know what I was, only that I had a magical ability and Ultrafast reflexes and agility and all that. There were other people around. I had to get from one place to anotherwithout using magic directly, although it was allowed for augmenting jumps.

Mangled Dreamspace after that
Then my dreams kept flicking between those three places haphazardly.

The dreams seemed to last pretty long for a dream. The bit at the beginning just in the Arena stands seemed to last two minutes.

I went to the libary to look in the Psycology department for a Psycoanalytical book about dreams but the shelf should have been renamed the Occult section.

Has anyone else had weird dreams (well obviously you have). I'd like to hear them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:40 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
you've had dreams not in first person? sweet

now here is a dream that i had a long time ago

me and my entire family (that is a decent size family) are at an amusement park. everyone but me and one of my grandmas get on a ride that seems to spiral into the sky ride starts up and a rip in the time space continuom (continue-um) and the ride goes into it. cart comes back no family in cart. so me and my grandma go onto the ride and the same thing ride enters rift and then i wake up (yes all my dreams are in first person)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:52 am 
Cererean Princess

A fear of loss, maybe?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:09 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
others siad that too personally i think urs indicate that u dont know where u r going in life

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:15 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Their just dreams, I have had a number of odd ones myself. I remember a week there I was MacGyver's sidekick, I had a really odd one of a haunted house, haunted ballroom, and a large dark shape in a graveyard. You are lucky you can drive in your dreams, I never can. But I can fly, magic like flight that is.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:45 am 
Cererean Princess

But dreams are generated by, and are a picture of, our subconscius.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:25 pm 

They also use memories of your experiences as well as things going on around you as you sleep. I have had a number of dreams where everyone in the dream were stopped in what they were doing because of the sound of a dog barking, where I am soon woke up by the barking. Most of my dreams I can find the tread to where the first ideas came from, either movies, books, TV, or games of all sorts. Maybe a result of our minds going through a defragging type cycle, and the sensor parts of the brain read it as it does.

They may show you something "hidden" within yourself. But, in my opinion, if your mind was trying to tell you something it would be more straightforward in the manner. And not try to hide things from you, after all you and your mind are one.

Dreams are dreams, they are there to give you something to look froward to so sleep is a touch better. That is like saying the "images" I feel during sleep paralysis, are really something. Now that is something you need to experience, it will scare you like crazy. You "wake up", your eyes are open you see your room around you, yet something is just now right, then a normally human shaped shadow starts moving towards you and you start to hear a breathing sound, and the worse part is you can not move your body. Then you wake up fully, and all seems normal again. I think I have also had a bought of sleep walking in my early teens. So you can see my feeling of why dreams are just dreams.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:37 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Damn, if only I had my dream book handy, lol.. my friend is borowing it.
Well, weired dreams come to everyone, they are sometimes trying to tell you something, anything that your worried about in life maybe repeated or shown in a dream, but its always confusing, its meant to be sorting out your emotional problems. But most times they are a jumble of nonsenes created from images and thoughts that you have throughout the day.

I had a weired dream the other day, werent long, but I was walking around at school when my careers guidance councilor came up to me and started telling me to get on this bus outside the school. It had a few boys on it and it was going to take then to some crappy talk on some career. I keopt saying im not going on to the bus, I dont want to , Im not interested in that career but she woudlnt listen, she kept saying its would be a great advantage, i think you should go. It was so annoying. But the weirdest thing is, .. my friend (this is not the dream now) told me after I told her that dream, she said that is so wiered as she had a dream that night about being in a horrible bus crash. Weired indeed.
Also, that dream book said about flying, that you never get more than a few feet off the ground, which is true, as thats ahppened to me a lot of times, like just hovering, But not long ago, I had a proper flying dream, I was really flying.... this dream was strange.....=

I was walking down the town talking with a friend then, me and my family got on a boat, went up the river, turned a corner and we were suddenly on a Huge and I mean massive Ice lake. The ice was all broken, enough to drive a boat around the cracke, the water was blue. It was like somewhere in the arctic. Then, I flew out of the boat, arms held out like wings, to find the best way through the ice. The center of this lake was solid ice and in the middle was a huge Ice castle. The whole lake was surrounded by a very high ice wall, with only a thin gap in the wall on the other side. I remember landing on the Ice, then runningh on it to try and take off again, quite difficult but did it, and continued doing sweeping turns, was a lot of fun. I tried to land near the ice castle but all around it was a vast area of spikey ice, and I had to struggle to regain altitude. I remmebr heading for the huge gap in the wall, and the boat going towards it too. Hows that for a weired but fun dream, it was very vivid..lol

Once I get my book back, ill come upo with some logical explainations for peoples dreams....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:45 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

blue tiger u want to explore a new land i thinks and not just as a follow along u want to lead

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

I remember a dream I had a while back. I was walking along a river with jeans and a plaid long sleeve shirt on, and I was barefoot. My jeans were rolled up to my knees and my sleeves were rolled up to my elbows. As I walked I saw a very large oak tree witha fishing rod laying beside it and noone nearby. So I sat down, leaned against the tree and started to fish, several hours seemed to pass and nothing was biting so I began standing up to go when suddly a hole opened up in the tree and I fell in. I stood there for a moment in the dark then I woke up.

Sorry if that's hard to read my typing has gone downhill since I stopped using my computer.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 pm 
Wandering Dragon

dragonmaster wrote:
blue tiger u want to explore a new land i thinks and not just as a follow along u want to lead

Thats quite a good interpretation, but I wouldnt think really to lead, but maybe to help at least.

Oak, your dream is interestiing, at a random interpretation (without my trusty dreambook) im thinking maybe the walking through the river may mean you just going through life normally, and then perhaps having the opportunity to get something, or do something (the fishing), but it either failed or you didnt think the opportunity would happen(catching nothing), it may mean just waitng in vain for something. The hole in the oak is strange and I know the fact that you fell into darkness for a while is significant, perhaps fear of something, maybe that you wont get anywhere or even feeling stuck in a situation.
A lot of this interpretaion may not be right at all, it depends on your feelings in the dream, were you scared of being in the hole, or dissapointed when you caught nothing...?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:45 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

No, morely it was just a kind uneasiness. I wasn't scared but I wasn't happy either. Kind of like when you're sneaking around somewhere and you snap something under your heel, then you stand still for a few moments to see if you've been caught.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:24 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Blue Tiger is mostly right in my opinion the only problems is that the whole probably meantsomething he did not expect happening good or bad can not be determined. The darkness was his body not knowing what the something is

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm 

Here is an odd one for you.

I found some scorpion-kittens (or kitten-scorpions what ever floats your boat), and most of the dream was working out what they were. You know see if they glowed under a black light, see how strong the venom was, and other things like that. And they looked like kittens with stingers on their tails, and yes they do glow under black lights.

I put it as I was watching something on scorpions the other day and playing a game with them in it last night. Along with a friend’s cat just had kittens and they are walking around now. And my mind just put them together with nothing else new going on in my life.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:48 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

ur mind was restless is all

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:30 pm 

But now I want to create them. They are so cute, and can kill you with one sting. I really want to know what the full-grown cat will look like. I think I will watch "Clash of the Titans" to the the idea of a giant scorpion in my mind. It can work, I did it before with D&D books.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:21 am 
Wandering Dragon

Lol, very funny vampirehunter! Yes it seems to be directly related to the scorpions you saw and the kittens. :lol:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:00 pm 
Cererean Princess

Quote:
I was walking down the town talking with a friend then, me and my family got on a boat, went up the river, turned a corner and we were suddenly on a Huge and I mean massive Ice lake. The ice was all broken, enough to drive a boat around the cracke, the water was blue. It was like somewhere in the arctic. Then, I flew out of the boat, arms held out like wings, to find the best way through the ice. The center of this lake was solid ice and in the middle was a huge Ice castle. The whole lake was surrounded by a very high ice wall, with only a thin gap in the wall on the other side. I remember landing on the Ice, then running on it to try and take off again, quite difficult but did it, and continued doing sweeping turns, was a lot of fun. I tried to land near the ice castle but all around it was a vast area of spikey ice, and I had to struggle to regain altitude. I remmebr heading for the huge gap in the wall, and the boat going towards it too. How's that for a weired but fun dream, it was very vivid..lol

The ice lake could be symbolising danger or problems. The fact that you were finding a route through them could symbolise leadership or guidence through them. The fact that your family was there could be something to do with loved ones, which would fit in with the guidence as you were protecting them. The landing and take off part may be a sense that whatever difficulties you face you will always be able to defeat them. The ice castle could be to do with an objective to reach that you are having problems reaching. Or perhaps something that is in your way. The wall could be something that seems insurmountable at first glance but on closer inspection there turns out to be a route through.

Oak, you dream ha something to do with life. You start to look for something but nothing will come. You get up, somethingn happens and you don't know what to do.

vamphunter, your dream probably is just memory. Most are.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:38 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
I can't remember any recent dreams, but one of my favorite dreams was where I discovered flight. It made sense in dream logic of course, it was so simple: You jump and hold yourself there!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:23 pm 
Eyes in the dark

Dreams *shudder* I try not to dream when I sleep. I got chronic reoccurring nightmares. A good dream is one I don't get killed in (Its a lie! You can die in your dreams in wake up just fine. . .other than the mental scarring of experiencing your grousom death) O usually have a secuance of dreams revolving around the same subject, and usually leading to my death or to some apocalyptic event.

I try not to remember my dreams because of the horrors I find within them. Last one I can remember somewhat I found some strange, and large bugs on my cat, about 2 inchs long, very flat and wide, with large mandibles mixed with a proboscus. They had very hard, almost un cruchable black shells.

U trued to remove them from my poor kitty (Who was almost dead from the bugs almost sucking all the blood out of her.) When the attached themselves to me, sucking my blood and laying their eggs in my flesh. They did not kill me though, they let me live so when the eggs hatch their larva would have something to feed on. They hatched within a few hours, eating me alive, then attacking my neighbors, using them as host, and final killing all animals on the earth as they moved from host to host.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:48 am 
Wandering Dragon

Veksyn: Your dreams may have something to do with horror films that you have watched or heared about. My friend has similar dreams, most about herself dieing or other poeple dieing, ghosts and haunted houses, and its surprising how much they are like horror films, but she claims that she doesnt watch them.

Your dreams seem quite nasty, but whenever you get recurring dreams, they usually are important, it may be (if you do watch horror films) that stopping your viewing of horrors, may help.
But apart from that, i have yet to find out why people get these dreams...
I hate any films with diseases in, they freak me out, and certain zombie films freak me out too, especially the new Dawn of the Dead.

I remember a dream where there was all these red and blue maggots all over my stomach, they were huge and wriggling and i think people were telling me that I had to keep them there. I tried to get them off by grabbing them but they just moved around and through my hands and I only suceeded in gettig a few off, that was a weired dream...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:43 am 
Eyes in the dark

Does Sweeny Todd count as a horror film? I don't watch much of anything, and while they are not always reoccurring, they are chronic (I have at least one nightmare every time I sleep)

Red and blue maggots, and having to keep them there? Do you remember if it was near a time you heard about maggot therapy? It could possibly having something you need to remove from yourself (such as a habit) that friends are pressuring you to keep, or that is especially hard to remove (The only being able to remove a few). Could also come from having an upset stomach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:03 am 
Wandering Dragon

It was more of a disease kind of thing. I wouldnt really count sweeney todd as a horror, but im going to check out why people get dreams like you do...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:28 pm 
Eyes in the dark

Serious :swear: ing isusses is what. I'm a little screwed in the head. Dets on my nerves a lot too.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:24 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Well thats explains it, anything that worries you will manifest into nightmares. Stress and worry is the reason for your nightmares. The only thing I could say is try your best to calm down and not to worry yourself too much.... but who am I to tell you that?, Im only 16 years old and it may be too difficult to not worry about these things, I wish I could help you more, it is up to you...

Offline Profile